A personal message to the writers of The Wire [Spoilers inside]

This scene had me DYING on the floor
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  True True FALSE.

GREAT Series. I can't believe I slept on it for so long...
pimp.gif

my buddy used to swear by the show Prison Break and how it was probably better than the Wire (he had never seen an episode). Finally got him to watch the Wire. Dude ended up getting a free netflix sub just to watch seasons 1-3. When his subscription ran out, he got a free subscription to Blockbuster mail to finish it off.
laugh.gif

my buddy used to swear by the show Prison Break and how it was probably better than the Wire (he had never seen an episode). Finally got him to watch the Wire. Dude ended up getting a free netflix sub just to watch seasons 1-3. When his subscription ran out, he got a free subscription to Blockbuster mail to finish it off.
laugh.gif

Almost done with season 1 and fav quote so far is deff omar " Come at the king, You best not miss"
pimp.gif
will be used at every available opportunity

Almost done with season 1 and fav quote so far is deff omar " Come at the king, You best not miss"
pimp.gif
will be used at every available opportunity

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Why doesn't anyone care that D died?
laugh.gif
That messed me up cause it was early on a liked him.
laugh.gif
tired.gif
I was pretty shocked to see that happened, one of the first of many characters that you hoped to see develop/change then get off'd the next episode. 
tired.gif

Like someone mentioned earlier, you gotta appreciate the writers doing that solely for the story and we get a much better appreciation for the show.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Why doesn't anyone care that D died?
laugh.gif
That messed me up cause it was early on a liked him.
laugh.gif
tired.gif
I was pretty shocked to see that happened, one of the first of many characters that you hoped to see develop/change then get off'd the next episode. 
tired.gif

Like someone mentioned earlier, you gotta appreciate the writers doing that solely for the story and we get a much better appreciation for the show.

D HAD to be killed. He was so damn sloppy at every turn. The police were able to handle him with ease. Im surprised Avon didnt see it, and find a way to eliminate him without killing him much earlier on. I guess D's mom wouldve never let that go down, but I was still shocked.

D HAD to be killed. He was so damn sloppy at every turn. The police were able to handle him with ease. Im surprised Avon didnt see it, and find a way to eliminate him without killing him much earlier on. I guess D's mom wouldve never let that go down, but I was still shocked.

One of the funniest lines ever.

Season 4. The bodies are pulled out of the vacants, Chris and Snoop get pulled over (cops are searching for the nail gun) that they used to board up the houses with. Anyways, Chris and Snoop are handcuffed sitting on the curb while Kima and Freamon search the truck. Bunk is standing over Chris and Snoop, smoking a cigar:

Snoop- "You think you all that for hasseling n---'s and s--t".

Bunk (puffing on cigar) - "I KNOW I'm all that. I'm thinking bout some pus-y".

Snoop - "Yeah. Me too".

One of the funniest lines ever.

Season 4. The bodies are pulled out of the vacants, Chris and Snoop get pulled over (cops are searching for the nail gun) that they used to board up the houses with. Anyways, Chris and Snoop are handcuffed sitting on the curb while Kima and Freamon search the truck. Bunk is standing over Chris and Snoop, smoking a cigar:

Snoop- "You think you all that for hasseling n---'s and s--t".

Bunk (puffing on cigar) - "I KNOW I'm all that. I'm thinking bout some pus-y".

Snoop - "Yeah. Me too".

Originally Posted by mosdef24

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

On another note, I almost, almost stopped watching after Kenard popped omar. I was looking forward to a marlo/omar showdown.
But showdowns weren't what the show was about. If Omar died in a shootout it would have cheapened his existence. The randomness of his death, and the aftermath (in the morgue), is what made the show so great. In the grand scheme, he wasn't significant. The audience (and the street characters, to a certain extent) deified him. But he wasn't anything special in reality.
i didnt understand what happened in the morgue...what was that about?
This....

The mortician switched the name cards, but what significance does that have?

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

On another note, I almost, almost stopped watching after Kenard popped omar. I was looking forward to a marlo/omar showdown.
But showdowns weren't what the show was about. If Omar died in a shootout it would have cheapened his existence. The randomness of his death, and the aftermath (in the morgue), is what made the show so great. In the grand scheme, he wasn't significant. The audience (and the street characters, to a certain extent) deified him. But he wasn't anything special in reality.
This....

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

This....

to me, that was a way of signifying what dmb said.. on the corner, just saying the name "Omar" had little kids and drug dealers running scared. but that scene showed that in the outside world, Omar's name had so little significance that the mortician accidentally mixed him up with some random white dude. people on the street glorified Omar, but in the grand scheme of things he only mattered within that little bubble. 

The Wire wouldn't be what it was without scenes like that. the audience was beginning to glorify Omar in their heads over the past 5 seasons, but the writers reminded us to keep it real. Omar was just some hoodlum who left a minimal mark on society and got shot. 

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

This....

to me, that was a way of signifying what dmb said.. on the corner, just saying the name "Omar" had little kids and drug dealers running scared. but that scene showed that in the outside world, Omar's name had so little significance that the mortician accidentally mixed him up with some random white dude. people on the street glorified Omar, but in the grand scheme of things he only mattered within that little bubble. 

The Wire wouldn't be what it was without scenes like that. the audience was beginning to glorify Omar in their heads over the past 5 seasons, but the writers reminded us to keep it real. Omar was just some hoodlum who left a minimal mark on society and got shot. 

Back
Top Bottom