A Serious Discussion About The State of Hip-Hop

Something is severely wrong with your intelligence, maturity, comprehension and critical thinking skills. You literally had three post and searched for clips about absolutely nothing I said.

But I get you're trolling now just wanting to argue, because you're bored. As if we don't remember you created this topic.

You need a hobby b it's pretty pathetic

If hating bad music makes me a hater, that would be me

From

Stripper > Instagram Thot >Reality Star > Charting Rapper

If you don't see where that's everything wrong with music and society today I don't know what to tell you.

It shows how low the bar is in talent and the fact you can totally jack someone and your song can be bigger than theirs.

Like I said before, it makes everyone think they can be a rapper.

...you said posting three examples of competitive beat jackin', and testimony from a primary source is trollin'? I'm not trying to insult you when I say this, but I think everyone would agree that you kinda lack a basic comprehension to discuss the sub-topics that you're attempting to address in this thread. You're getting angry at your own inane logic and reasoning not being communicated, and also received the way you intend.

Why would I want to argue? Debate and exchange ideas, but argue? You literally made it clear on every page that you don't like this younger generation of rappers and their fans. That's cool, but you've been doing a poor job at articulating strong arguments for your reasoning. I'm simply pointing out that your arguments are invalid because examples can be found throughout prior generations of hip-hop.

Let's be clear I'm using "argument" as in assertive claim and supporting evidence. Not how you're receiving it and using it. You're expressing diverging and opposite views and resorting to name calling, which by the way, further illustrates your inability to form strong cohesive statements to support your indifference.

pinnochio.gif

Have a good day sir

There's no denying that there have been some significant changes within the genre. Like seriously, gone are the days of "Hype-Williams-budget" videos or multi-million dollar deals being handed out left and right. I believe the reason is that the state of Hip-Hop is changing. Whether for better or worse is the looming question. But no one is having a serious discussion, anywhere online.

That's what I mean, I'd say about even 10 years ago there were fervent discussions about Southern Hip-Hop "taking over". Now the style has transformed, and the particular sound is a thing of the past. However, Mike Jones and Lil Flip were on top of the world. But I highly doubt anyone would pay for a Mike Jones or Lil Flip album the way they would have a decade ago. And that's just one example.

TV shows like Pimp My Ride or Making the Band were a lot more entertaining than today's "reality TV" centered around music. Hip-Hop was a lot more valuable back then. Though it's now more mainstream, the earning potential has declined. That may have a lot to do with sales and format in which music is sold.

Music driven cable channels are changing too. MTV and BET are on their last leg, in terms of being what they were to us who are over 25.
Youtube and Soundcloud undoubtedly changed the music industry, however, there's no denying they both lack the social responsibility of cable television channels to maintain the integrity and demand of the art form.

These aspects have changed the state of Hip-Hop.

Grow up b

and I'm still laughing at Jackin For Beats being the same :lol:

Have a good day sir

Grow up b

and I'm still laughing at Jackin For Beats being the same :lol:

Bruh! You literally insult everyone and everything you're trying to debate. :rofl:

And the sad part is that you've adopted the youth culture you're trying to insult to do it.:lol:

That's called "circular reasoning". You referred to Cardi B as an "Instagram thot", and a "stripper" as basis for your claim that her validity as a rapper can't be taken seriously. Then accused her of "beat jackin". There isn't an artist in hip-hop who isn't accused of being a "biter".

That's the point that I believe you're not grasping. Hip-hop is literally about self-expression and proving you can master someone's style proficiently enough to call it your own.

The Bridge Wars were about that aspect.

Ice Cube was expressing that in the video I've posted.

Drake and the whole Carribean vibe, this isn't the first time he'd adopted styles (biting is when it's done poorly).

Jay-Z has done it, using Biggie's lines ...even Nas's lines "Dead Presidents".

...it's competition. Always has been.

:nthat::wow::wow::lol: Maybe someone else can chime in because you're legit angry right now.You've called me pathetic, told me to grow up etc, yet you're the one resorting to name calling and petty accusations to get your point across. Whether it's me, or the rappers and fans you're addressing in this very thread. All I did was clarify my position, I didn't insult you. This is sneaker forum, I can log off anytime I wish and not lose sleep. And I'm an anonymous username, so the fact that you believe social embarrassment was even a strategy to get your point across speaks volumes about your maturity, intelligence, comprehension, and critical thinking skills...or lack of.

I thought we were having a "discussion"... take a chill pill and revisit this thread when you're not so heated. :lol::lol::wow:

Last edited:

This was so dope.

The Ma$e x Common - The Light (?) and Lauryn Hill x Jesus Walks mash ups should be full songs.

Back
Top Bottom