is obama part of the blame?

• yes, obama is a joke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, obama is GOAT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jr rawlings is back
Mark Twain over here writing books
Is this what you are left with? Slinging mud is often the best defense when all other arguments have failed. Don't worry, you'll get an advanced copy when I finish my first book.  just remind me.

Personally I just feel if people kept it real with themselves and truly cut back on things that they don't need they could save and live on their own.

I don't give a damn how much money you are saving if you have a nice car, nice clothes and you are going out every week you can afford to move your *** out of your parents home.
Something to think about:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...ed+States&city1=Dallas,+TX&city2=New+York,+NY

and for am1x90xnike:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...ates&city1=Kansas+City,+MO&city2=New+York,+NY
I posted this in thread about how great NYC is and when I said I'd have to make 150K to live the same lifestyle in NYC people laughed at me
NYC is great if you're rich.

Trust me...you're not talking to FlyNY here. I have no civic pride.  Once I'm done with my BSN I'm getting out of NY.

It's commendable to stay home to help out your parents because they can't pay their own bills, I would never argue that. But, I hope some of your guys' parents are millionaires because saying "times is tough" over and over again means that things are probably rough for them too and they might just not have the heart to tell their 28 year old son it's time to get out.

I know a dude who moved out and his mom brings him 7 tupperwares full of food with cooking instructions at the start of each week. I know a guy that expects his parents to buy him cigarettes, while he lives at home. Another one who complains about his friends not being able to afford doing "fun things" didn't know you had to pay to heat your own home. Another went "summer clothes shopping" with his mom post-college. Another dude gets a "fun" allowance from his parents so that he can afford to go out to the bar each week.

This doesn't represent everyone by any means, but these people are all nearing 30. This social media society where parents don't want their kids to struggle at all is leading to people thinking they deserve to be comfy no matter what and then they can't handle it when there's any kind of adversity. 

Honest question to people getting up there in age and living with your parents with no intentions of moving out: when did your parents move out? If everyone felt the same way, you should be living with your great-grandparents, grandparents, great uncles, cousins, mom and dad, etc.? Why is this generation of 25 to 35 year olds different?

"Useless bills" like what? Food, water, shelter? Utilities? Laundry?

So useless when you could be using that money to buy and sell sneakers. To make more money to buy and sell more sneakers. That's much more useful than providing the basic necessities of life for YOURSELF. You right.

Well actually if he's buying sneakers and selling them in order to build Profit and continue to do so, while not having to pay for those extra amenities actually yea that is much more useful sir.

Making a profit to OWN something you love> Living in a struggle for years and not being able to save money.

Obviously all of this is relative to where you live and how much money you make. But if your living check to check in a rented space and not saving any money you are setting yourself up for failure in the long term.

Also I believe that people staying at home just to but material things is stupid.

With that said if your motivation to get your own place (Once again this applies to those who claimed they struggled) is to bring chicks over & prove to "society" (the same society that living with 5 figure debts & probably will never have ownership of anything) that your grown, well your just as immature as the person who's constantly copping kicks/ clothes at the expense of saving money.

Your basically both pursuing an urge and spending more money than you have to on something that isn't necessary.

Some people do need to move back in with their parents. I went back for a couple years while I was getting my business off the ground. For every person that needs to there is a Dale or Brennan type dude mooching off their parents.

Is this what you are left with? Slinging mud is often the best defense when all other arguments have failed. Don't worry, you'll get an advanced copy when I finish my first book.  just remind me.

Haha what's your book about oh so young strong one?

I didn't argue just told.you who decides some stranger is not an adult thru a computer screen that's utterly pathetic kid...dude takes care of his family he's a man and an exceptional adult for doing rite by them when there other parent didnt

I made my points u know I'm right and enough said..

I would like a copy I run low on home Depot wood sometimes

Last edited:
NYC is great if you're rich.

Trust me...you're not talking to FlyNY here. I have no civic pride.  Once I'm done with my BSN I'm getting out of NY.

NYC can be great/ Horrible depending on the kind of person you are and what you deem as valuable to your situation. If your on your own & don't live with your parents, anywhere btwn 40K-50K will make for a decent living. By decent i mean going out to a dinner, drinks, dates etc etc maybe twice a week. By a used car & live in a VERY moderate neighborhood.

But if you think your going to come to NYC and be able to live the nightlife every night & live in the Center of the City you will be eaten alive within the first 6 months on that Salary.

If you have a Wifey, not someone who really cares for the nightlife, And aren't big on an overall City life or A huge variety of culture it would be a no brainer to move down south. I flirted with the idea several times, but as of right now i'm still at a point in my life where i'm JUST starting to experience all NYC brings (& i was far from someone who stayed in alot as a teen)

I feel like moving to the south if it isn't ATL or MIA (Which also is expensive as hell) wouldn't honestly make me happy considering most of my friends, family, & things i like to do are still based in NYC.

" u know I'm right?" Lol I don't even know what you think you're right about, so I don't know if you are right. If it's the "judging folks through a computer" thing...you put your life out there, people are going to form an opinion about it. Whether it be positive or negative, judgements are made. I judge you as a person who has their ish together, and you provided less information than old dude did (of course if what you say is true). I'd imagine people judge me as hard working as I posted I have three jobs...but hey, I have no problem admitting that I "judge" people, some people do, don't make me no nevermind.

The book is a hell origin story...of sorts, one which the science and religion meet in a viable way...only problem is...religion makes no sense so it's been hard to solidify the story.

Well actually if he's buying sneakers and selling them in order to build Profit and continue to do so, while not having to pay for those extra amenities actually yea that is much more useful sir.

Making a profit to OWN something you love> Living in a struggle for years and not being able to save money.

Obviously all of this is relative to where you live and how much money you make. But if your living check to check in a rented space and not saving any money you are setting yourself up for failure in the long term.

Also I believe that people staying at home just to but material things is stupid.

With that said if your motivation to get your own place (Once again this applies to those who claimed they struggled) is to bring chicks over & prove to "society" (the same society that living with 5 figure debts & probably will never have ownership of anything) that your grown, well your just as immature as the person who's constantly copping kicks/ clothes at the expense of saving money.

Your basically both pursuing an urge and spending more money than you have to on something that isn't necessary.

do you live at home?

My moms pushing 65plus. I work grave yard cuz she can't help me wit my kids. She can stay with them while I sleep . my fam live I sacto . Everything is easy. Talk is cheap .

Last edited:

Ok in my case:

-My motivation was to get a decent job. Getting my own place was necessary because the job I found was 200 miles away from where my parents live. There are no job opportunities in my hometown.
-I have no urge to bring chicks over or prove anything to society. That's not my motivation for not living with my parents. BUT, chicks do view this as a plus.
-I don't struggle and live paycheck because I have to. I do it because I save responsibly. 20% of my paycheck don't even show up in my checking account. 10% has been going into a retirement plan since I started working at 19. Other 10% goes into savings account that I don't touch.
-So yeah I lose a lot of money paying rent, food, utilities etc... on my own but still bet I've saved more than most NTers who live at home "saving up" to move. I'm just willing to make the sacrifices that will only burden myself, and not my family.
-I could buy and sell sneakers still, make some money on the side. But I think my money is doing better when my employer is matching part of my contributions, and that money is sitting in the stock market. Plus the power of money compounding.

If I grew up in a big city and didn't have to move to find a job maybe I'd have a different POV. I dunno. I'm really glad I had to move though.

Last edited:
" u know I'm right?" Lol I don't even know what you think you're right about, so I don't know if you are right. If it's the "judging folks through a computer" thing...you put your life out there, people are going to form an opinion about it. Whether it be positive or negative, judgements are made. I judge you as a person who has their ish together, and you provided less information than old dude did (of course if what you say is true). I'd imagine people judge me as hard working as I posted I have three jobs...but hey, I have no problem admitting that I "judge" people, some people do, don't make me no nevermind.

The book is a hell origin story...of sorts, one which the science and religion meet in a viable way...only problem is...religion makes no sense so it's been hard to solidify the story.

Most of religion is based off faith and believing therefore don't have to make sense but I get it

Good luck to you but I'm sayin just be humble man if you think or judge some1 something it should stay with you not be broadcasted that's not cool

I was raised.to speak my mind but i learned on my own it's uncalled for without respect...keeping your opinions to yourself is better man...be humble

I was saying your wrong for calling dude not adult thru nt man...he can be very sick or something like that you never ever know that's why it's best to keep things to yourself

Be cool to everyone throw dat negative stuff out the door till that.person comes at you negatively

http://www.cdss.ca.gov/cdssweb/pg54.htm

http://www.childaction.org/theceldotnet/main.asp

Here is the public assistance websites. I've worked with/grew up through the one in Md. We use to bag groceries at the homeless shelter in order to get our own groceries. I know it's hard, and it's a shot to the pride, but there are programs if you want. You gotta stay on them though, they are not known for their speed. I mean, do you though, whatever makes you happy, but there is help out there, you don't HAVE TO live with your folks, it may be easier and more beneficial, but it's not necessary. And, if you really out, make a post on NT, if we trying to get you some rent for an apt, I'd chip in, only because you are taking care of your kids though.

I've never been one to tell a "yo momma joke" then take it back when dude says "my mom is dead." We all got problems b, some harder than others, no way to know everyones situation. In real life, you have to form opinions about people based on the facts you have, your judgement can always change, but we all do it, and on an internet forum thats all opinions...yeah I'm saying something.

Just took a look at this site to compare NYC to DC and DAMN, didnt know NYC was that expensive ( I knew it was expensive, just didnt think the difference would be that much). According to the site rent is 42% higher and you would need around 6,524.89$ in New York, NY to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 5,600.00$ in Washington, DC

YOU ON THE INTERNET JUDGING PEOPLE B
lol what is you doin

You foolish for posting them sites
I refuse to believe you're an adult

Got me laughing over here with that foolishness..too much

U tell a Yo mamma joke n that person has dead mom and no apology u serious?
U were raised.great I see

You got no respect therefore your childish and dont deserve anyone's respect funny kid keep your beliefs.thell take you very far as a.human being in life lol

Get some respect youngster it will take you very far trust me srs

Some1 says my mom dead u say sorry my condolences

Someone say how are you you say fine sir thank you how are you

You get it? Respect

Last edited:
The fact that public universities charge students to attend is where the problem is rooted. A lot of people aren't aware that public college used to be free in the U.S.

The fact that public universities charge students to attend is where the problem is rooted. A lot of people aren't aware that public college used to be free in the U.S.
They're charging the same as private universities and being selective so they can build prestige, but they don't have the private grant money to help kids attend. And they're budgets are tight because the state is always cutting funding, so they raise tuition because kids will just take the loan. It's ludicrous.

They're charging the same as private universities and being selective so they can build prestige, but they don't have the private grant money to help kids attend. And they're budgets are tight because the state is always cutting funding, so they raise tuition because kids will just take the loan. It's ludicrous.
Indeed it is. How we as a nation allow this to happen is beyond me.

This is another thing.

I let my 20 year old brother live with me for a year. I went from single man to having my brother there.

There are cost involved with having another person live with you outside of rent that your parents are paying that a person that has never lived by themselves never think about.

Last edited:
Indeed it is. How we as a nation allow this to happen is beyond me.

Not beyond noone

Same nation that got there own u.s. Citizens dying of "incurable" diseases in big numbers

instead of spending money for cure research

there sending millions to Afghanistan,.tsunami country's etc.

These country's laugh at us and.would never do the.same that's the American thinking for yoy

I don't get it fix the.problems on your own land 1st be4 taking on other country's problems we are the.united states fix the United states first
Then help other country's

It is ridiculous don't make no damn sense..our nation is screwed

Can only imagine what the future holds
Seriously scared for da youth

Maybe a woman president is the one for change cuz Obama isnt
More compassionate plus Clinton behind her yes Sir

Last edited:
YOU ON THE INTERNET JUDGING PEOPLE B
lol what is you doin

You foolish for posting them sites
I refuse to believe you're an adult

Got me laughing over here with that foolishness..too much

U tell a Yo mamma joke n that person has dead mom and no apology u serious?
U were raised.great I see

You got no respect therefore your childish and dont deserve anyone's respect funny kid keep your beliefs.thell take you very far as a.human being in life lol

Get some respect youngster it will take you very far trust me srs

Some1 says my mom dead u say sorry my condolences

Someone say how are you you say fine sir thank you how are you

You get it? Respect

I also told dude I would come out of pocket myself if he really needed help, just because I respect him taking care of his kids...and like I said I'm broke but would gladly give what little I have to help old dude get out on his feet IF HE REALLY WANTED TO, and I don't know him from Adam, but if he was like 'yo am1 I'm trying to move out, I need some cash' and I felt it was sincere...of gladly give. But of course you glossed over that.

You don't know how many people tell me 'keep that attitude and you'll go far in life' and although they say it sarcastically, they're right, my attitude has gotten me pretty far in life and I plan on it taking me to the moon.

Respect? Cuz I said a joke? If that's what respect is, then I do t want it. Sticks and stones is how I was raised. If I didn't know kids moms died, I'm still telling the joke, then when i find out, I'm inviting him to play ball with me, begging my mom to cook him dinner (these are all things I've done since I was a tike btw), but I'm not apologizing for a joke.

That's that judging ish you talking about, you don't know ish about me and how I was raised, how old I am, what I've been through, yet you call me childish from a few posts...idk maybe you formed an opinion about me based on my posts...one would say that judging through the Internet. Unlike you, I'm not butthurt about it.

Mirrors b.

Last edited:
Am1 it's childish to say someone not an adult when there a stranger to you

Simple as that..I'm done with you you're a diffrent breed I don't mess wit, do you my brother I truly do wish u much success cuz atleast u try,
I'll respect that and end it here

Peace

Ok in my case:

-My motivation was to get a decent job. Getting my own place was necessary because the job I found was 200 miles away from where my parents live. There are no job opportunities in my hometown.
-I have no urge to bring chicks over or prove anything to society. That's not my motivation for not living with my parents. BUT, chicks do view this as a plus.
-I don't struggle and live paycheck because I have to. I do it because I save responsibly. 20% of my paycheck don't even show up in my checking account. 10% has been going into a retirement plan since I started working at 19. Other 10% goes into savings account that I don't touch.
-So yeah I lose a lot of money paying rent, food, utilities etc... on my own but still bet I've saved more than most NTers who live at home "saving up" to move. I'm just willing to make the sacrifices that will only burden myself, and not my family.
-I could buy and sell sneakers still, make some money on the side. But I think my money is doing better when my employer is matching part of my contributions, and that money is sitting in the stock market. Plus the power of money compounding.

If I grew up in a big city and didn't have to move to find a job maybe I'd have a different POV. I dunno. I'm really glad I had to move though.

Well in your case i can see why you have your views, but you have to understand just how rare it is for someone to literally save 40% of your income and still be able to live comfortably.

Everything about your situation forced you to leave home early you didn't have the luxury of staying & even if you did i'm assuming your job is pretty good if you can afford to save 40% of your check. It's a give in that you would move out.

My opinion isn't towards anyone who doesn't have a choice or those who have a well paying job. I'm more concerned about those who are struggling with their bills & still in debt trying to say it's a good move & gets you prepared for the real world to move out on your own despite having the option not too.

I would hope that their impression of the real world doesn't involve being in debt and not saving for the rest of their life just to "Be on your own". As long as you and your parents have a functioning relationship and your using your money wisely while there i see no reason to really move out until your financially stable and prepared to get your own situation.

I see too many people move out for girls/ trying to prove a point & as a result are building more & more debt, and still not becoming what i would call "responsible" with money.

Back
Top Bottom