A thread dedicated to small but emotionally devastating social fails

Originally Posted by enyceking

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

I was at my companies headquarters and a group of us 8 new hires had a meeting with our department boss on a project we were doing. Mind you, we all met him before and he knows our names. As he comes around to greet us:

Boss: Hows it going OG? (shakes my hand)
Me: Nice to meet you.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Failure
lmfao @ your boss addressing you as ogbobbyjohnson

You just added to the list.
laugh.gif

yesterday i was walking back to class and i went in the wrong calss i was in shock and everyone was like
eyes.gif
. did a quick little spin move and walk out of the class.

i did it TODAY TOO!
indifferent.gif

oh and how about when you texting YOUR girl and a DIFFERENT girl and u accidentally text YOUR girl sayin something that u meant to say to the OTHER girl. thenyour girl says @#%? and u just say "oh i was just meesin with u baby i love you" haha

I dont know about ya'll ... I couldnt skip through every page, but ...

the trains be packed in NYC and sometimes I be having to scramble to get to a car that I can actually fit in .. I be walking fast lookin into every car thenwhen I find one that I can squeeze into the conductor shuts the doors , and thats when I pretend like I wasnt really planning to get on that train anyway ..

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by ballhog13

I remember when i was a youngin, i'd be late to catch the Metro bus, and i'd see it at the stop. I'd quickly debate should I play it cool, walk, and miss it? Or should I run after the bus, look stupid, and possibly still miss it.... The worst is when I would run after it, yell at the bus, and fools would be in the back looking at me running, and not say anything
grin.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i live in the chi so when its winter its alot of ice and %!@% so i seen this dude fall when i was younger ever since then ill never run for a bus no matter wat
laugh.gif
me too, when i was in middle school i saw this one chickrun for the bus, trip, and then do a faceplant right into the concrete
eek.gif
.Mind u the bus was full so everybody saw that +$++, she was mad embarrassed, she didnt even get on the bus, she just walked back home

i remember a couple years ago i had a real bad pimple on my nose. well i was talkin to this girl in class and after we get done i turn around to the front ofthe class. im lookin up and i see this white thing in the bottom corner of my eye and my pimple popped on accident. i wiped that $!#% with the quickness andhoped no one saw. i stayed thinkin about that the whole night, could not get to sleep. one of my bigger L's

Aite so this happened to me today. The setting is a crowded elevator. Talking about where you gotta walk out to let the people from the back to leave. I get tomy floor and I'm in the back and say "EXCUSE ME!" in a kinda rude New Yawker fashion cuz they stood there for a while. The people who have to getoff to let the people from the back to leave also get off the same floor. I'm like
embarassed.gif

talkin to someone.
and you both say something at the same time.
then you both say "oh, go ahead" at the same time.
then youboth say something at the same time again.

lmao.
happens all the time with teachers.

How bout when you walking and start thinking bout something funny and you start laughing and you make eye contact with a stranger and they think you laughingat them and give you the stank eye lol.

Oh and how bout when you finish eating something and you have a some sauce on your face or something in your teeth and you go back to work and don't noticeuntil later in the day and no one tells you and you like no wonder people lookin at my lips/teeth lol.

I remember when I forgot to zip up my zipper and was walking around with it down for most of the day and of course nobody will tell you, just let you look likea fool lol

How bout when you walking and start thinking bout something funny and you start laughing and you make eye contact with a stranger and they think you laughingat them and give you the stank eye lol.

Oh and how bout when you finish eating something and you have a some sauce on your face or something in your teeth and you go back to work and don't noticeuntil later in the day and no one tells you and you like no wonder people lookin at my lips/teeth lol.

I remember when I forgot to zip up my zipper and was walking around with it down for most of the day and of course nobody will tell you, just let you look likea fool lol

Like when a girl tells you she's never had someone tell her the truth about herself before. A few weeks later and you end up doing what no one else hasdone... and she stops calling you.

One day I was in the library bathroom by myself looking at the mirror, then i did the black guy crotch grab (u know the one that makes u look harder), as soonas i did it, this white guy comes flying through the doors and his eyes zoom straight to where my hand is. #!+@ was mad embarassing but i just walked out thebathroom like nothing happened. I could only imagine what dude was thinking.

Have a few more today...

-When someone next to you in lecture asks you a question...or seems to ask you one, but you're not sure if they're talking to you or a friend...todaysomeone asked me something about what was on the board...i said something back, but i still wasn't sure if they were talking to me
laugh.gif
frown.gif
-Also...when you kinda eavesdrop on a conversation in class and you just REALLY, REALLY want to chime in but you just can't do it cuz it'd be way tooawkward.

-This girl who has liked me for the longest (since last year) had the biggest smile on her face when she walking towards me yesterday but I didn't do adamn thing. She is BAD and I am seriously going to regret it if I miss a great opportunity.
-I almost fell down the stairs in front of my dorm. Luckily for me there was no one there but this one girl who was smoking a cigarette. She
smh.gif
when I lookedup.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by ballhog13

I remember when i was a youngin, i'd be late to catch the Metro bus, and i'd see it at the stop. I'd quickly debate should I play it cool, walk, and miss it? Or should I run after the bus, look stupid, and possibly still miss it.... The worst is when I would run after it, yell at the bus, and fools would be in the back looking at me running, and not say anything
grin.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i live in the chi so when its winter its alot of ice and %!@% so i seen this dude fall when i was younger ever since then ill never run for a bus no matter wat
laugh.gif
me too, when i was in middle school i saw this one chick run for the bus, trip, and then do a faceplant right into the concrete
eek.gif
. Mind u the bus was full so everybody saw that +$++, she was mad embarrassed, she didnt even get on the bus, she just walked back home

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Jesus. If i had seen that, it would've been a wrap...

most of my close friends; i'll spank/grab their butts just being funny.
well last year i saw one of my best friends standing outside the classroom building on the phone.
i walked by grabbed her butt and turned around only to be horrified that it was actually her little sister...whom i had NEVER IN MY LIFE TALKED TO!
i can't even describe the face she gave me (kinda like a mixture of wth u think ur doing, u pedophile, I DON'T KNOW YOU LIKE THAT)...i was soembarrassed.

my friend and i laugh about that to this day and me and her lil sis are cool now lol.

Originally Posted by dylans33

oh and how about when you texting YOUR girl and a DIFFERENT girl and u accidentally text YOUR girl sayin something that u meant to say to the OTHER girl. then your girl says @#%? and u just say "oh i was just meesin with u baby i love you" haha

wow. this happened to me over the summer...i was at my boyfriend (at the time) house. his ex was there and me being a girl i was so jealous and wanted to fighther for being anywhere near my man so anyways when she was in the room i thought he was acting different. i meant to text my best guy friend sayin i was pissedat my man and stuff...only i accidently sent the text to my man...ha. well turns out i had reason to be jealous. found out a couple days later he did cheat onme with his ex after i left.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
dumbest relationship of my life hahaha. and what was even worse his ex is ewwww.. i mean if you're guna cheat...ATLEAST GET SOMETHING BETTER! ha

at work i was being introduced to the new store manager.

me- hi, you must be John, nice to meet you.
John- and you must be.....?
me- um John?
John-really, i didn't know there was another john in here?
me-um,
indifferent.gif
, no wait my name is max.

def not the best way to meet your new boss.

and when i met my girls folks for the first time, they asked me to not to bring her back home too late and i replied "dont worry, i wont come in her backto late"... her brother started to bust up

Today I had an interview and the boss asked me what my social security number was and I said " hold on let me get it out because I don't know it offthe top of my back"
laugh.gif
, what I meant to say was "I don'tknow it off the back of my head"
smh.gif
, man I felt stupid.

Originally Posted by melomanDNVnuggets

Today I had an interview and the boss asked me what my social security number was and I said " hold on let me get it out because I don't know it off the top of my back"
laugh.gif
, what I meant to say was "I don't know it off the back of my head"
smh.gif
, man I felt stupid.

wow
laugh.gif

So I'm at the dining hall today and I have to piss real bad. The men's room is being renovated so it's out of order, I'm like "Damn, guessI'll have to hold it." I see a dude stroll out of the women's room and I chuckle and he goes "yea just use the women's room dude."I'm like ok fair enough, it's one of those single toilet bathrooms that could go either way, not like there's a bunch of stalls or anything so Ifigure I'm good. I walk in and get down to business, when I hear two female voices in the hallway. I then realize I didn't lock the door behind me sothey're about to walk in on me pissing
laugh.gif

I instinctively turned around and reached to lock the door, only problem was I forgot to halt my stream in time so now I've peed on the floor a little bit
laugh.gif
I thought about cleaning it up but it was only a couple drops. When I moved away from the toilet it flushed on its own (one of the auto flush sensors), sothey probably figured I was done. Now I had the pressure of finishing in a timely manner since I had just flushed the toilet. It took me a good 20 seconds tostart peeing again
smh.gif
I finally finished and washed my hands, then turned the light out and dipped out of there trying to avoid eye contact with these girls,who were obviously wondering wth I was doing in the women's bathroom.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by philly5fan

How about when you see an old friend in public and yall start chatting for a little while, then eventually one of yall make up some excuse and say that you gotta go, yall say bye....then start walking the same way......its just so awkward
roll.gif
roll.gif
reminds me of superbad

Back
Top Bottom