Ab-Soul - "Control System" Out Now (5/11/12)

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

I think that the reason I haven't jumped to listen to this so quickly is because I just didn't like his features all that much. 'Druggys With %*@% Again' I didn't like overall, 'P&P 1.5' I didn't like all that much, didn't like the Outro on Section 80, but his verse on 'Say Wassup' was cool to me.

This was my exact hesitation... But Trust Me. 

Its DEFINITELY Decent Bro.
pimp.gif

you didnt like ab souls outro thats a first

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

I think that the reason I haven't jumped to listen to this so quickly is because I just didn't like his features all that much. 'Druggys With %*@% Again' I didn't like overall, 'P&P 1.5' I didn't like all that much, didn't like the Outro on Section 80, but his verse on 'Say Wassup' was cool to me.

Don't sleep.

I slept on this album.

Besides the BLB Remix & ILLuminate, I didn't pay this album much mind. Playing it now for the first time & Im impressed.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

I actually like this over sec80
I been saying the same thing. This is the best project to come out the TDE camp thus far.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

I actually like this over sec80
I been saying the same thing. This is the best project to come out the TDE camp thus far.

Let me just say that I strongly disagree and leave it at that.

We in a space where matter don't matter ...

just spirit molecules and geometric patterns ..

seed of life .. tree of life .. fruit of life ..

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

His album is dope but I don't know about it being better than Section80. That's a lil to much.
Is it though? I feel like since KL has the hype behind him, albeit deservedly so, and the other members of TDE are being overlooked a bit. Track for track I think Control System not only stands up against Section80 but outshines it. Topically he just does more. From Pineal Gland to Terrorist threats to Double Standards to Book of Soul, he covered a great spectrum and its just a really cohesive and fresh album. Section80 is lyrically stunning but overall its disjointed a bit. And its not as melodic and musically hypnotizing as Control System. KL seemed like he has something to prove. Ab-Soul seemed like he had something to show us. Painted a hell of a picture.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

His album is dope but I don't know about it being better than Section80. That's a lil to much.
Is it though? I feel like since KL has the hype behind him, albeit deservedly so, and the other members of TDE are being overlooked a bit. Track for track I think Control System not only stands up against Section80 but outshines it. Topically he just does more. From Pineal Gland to Terrorist threats to Double Standards to Book of Soul, he covered a great spectrum and its just a really cohesive and fresh album. Section80 is lyrically stunning but overall its disjointed a bit. And its not as melodic and musically hypnotizing as Control System. KL seemed like he has something to prove. Ab-Soul seemed like he had something to show us. Painted a hell of a picture.

Yeah I definitely agree with that. Kendrick is just a way better rapper and I just loved the whole theme of the album. Kids born in the late 80's. I might be a lil bias on that though cuz I can relate to a lot of the stuff he was talking about.

Back
Top Bottom