Abolish the Welfare System in America Vol. Mature Discussion

Then not only counting whats on your WIC for the month you also can qualify for Crisis/Liheap, section 8, EBT, food stamps, "disability" checks and whatever else. People in my neighborhood are living completely free.

There is a career of learning how to beat the system. If the people applied all the crap they do to get "free" money, they might actually accomplish stuff in life. Thankfully, I was raised in a house where we worked. It starts from the top. We probably qualified for things, but my dad wouldn't allow it. If we didn't work for it, we couldn't have it.

This is the complete truth. People make careers out of welfare. Wish i could rep you more.

Last edited:
Blaming the government and schools is completely false. It starts with the parents and ends with the parents. End of story. Kids drop out all the time in inner city's because the parents don't do their job. Kids think its ok to scam the government for free money because their parents didn't teach them responsibilities. There's a reason this goes multi generations deep.

It seems like welfare is only a problem when minorities are on it.

This is just an ignorant statement.

There are TONS of WHITE cities/towns that are flooded with dead beats living off the dole.

Welfare IS needed. My mother was forced to be on welfare when her pops rolled. Its not what they WANTED, it was needed. The policies on obtaining it need to be drastically changed though.

Last edited:
It seems like welfare is only a problem when minorities are on it.

This is just an ignorant statement.

There are TONS of WHITE cities/towns that are flooded with dead beats living off the dole.

Welfare IS needed. My mother was forced to be on welfare when her pops rolled. Its not what they WANTED, it was needed. The policies on obtaining it need to be drastically changed though.

I dont think he means minorities are the problem. The way I read it is that people that want to get rid of welfare only site minorities as abusing or misusing the system.

But to your point, last time I checked (2004ish) white single mothers in the heartland made up the majority of welfare benefits.

How ignorant and selfish many of you are. Unfortunately in a system of competition someone will always be on the short end of the stick. State taxes pay for most not your federal taxes. They waste your federal taxes to build bomb and to pay the wealthy to sit. They create money out of thin air they are able to help those in need. I laught at the thought this is a fair system. Here is food for though Europeans came took the land, resources and government. That benefits them today still. Open your eyes people.

you do know about the unintended consequences of that right? lets zimbabwe away our poverty situation. that helped their economy alot

I'm not saying print X amount of $. It goes far beyond building even changing a system. It starts in the core the moral of people. But to not help anyone is absurd we have enough people in our country hurting and starving let alone the world.

A poor person is not someone who has little but one who needs infinitely more, and wish, and wish, more and more.

I'm not saying print X amount of $. It goes far beyond building even changing a system. It starts in the core the moral of people. But to not help anyone is absurd we have enough people in our country hurting and starving let alone the world.

A poor person is not someone who has little but one who needs infinitely more, and wish, and wish, more and more.

Thats not my argument though. I'm all for helping those in need. That REALLY need it. Not fat momma who gets a disability check now because she's too fat to work, eats fast food off her EBT card every night and gets more checks for her 4 bastard kids because she can't keep her legs closed /and/or/ cant go to a clinic to get A FREE CONDOM!

Its laziness at its purest and it makes me sick.

There are MANY in America that feel they're entitled to this aid. Its not a lifestyle, its a band aid until the wound heals.

You eliminate HALF of the scamming welfare recipients and a nice dent could be forged into helping starving Americans.

Its not just as easy as throwing money at the hunger problem. Do you know that most food banks throw out food every month because as they say it, "people either don't know we're here, or just don't care."

Thats not my argument though. I'm all for helping those in need. That REALLY need it. Not fat momma who gets a disability check now because she's too fat to work, eats fast food off her EBT card every night and gets more checks for her 4 bastard kids because she can't keep her legs closed /and/or/ cant go to a clinic to get A FREE CONDOM!

Its laziness at its purest and it makes me sick.

There are MANY in America that feel they're entitled to this aid. Its not a lifestyle, its a band aid until the wound heals.
Oh boy :smh: look at this idiot here folks we shouldn't care about the four kids we need to spite their mother.

LOL. You care about kids because you give them other people's tax dollars?

It's not compassion when it's not your money.

Last edited:

I agree with the reward those who are doing the right thing but then again there are hard working parents and etc who do need it best thing to do is try to monitor it more

LOL. You care about kids because you give them other people's tax dollars?

It's not compassion when it's not your money.

but if its tax dollars then it is his money right? and its my money as well...

And "fat momma" huh? Ok

And you cant use an EBT card at a fast food restaurant. But I guess if people cant afford to eat, we should just let them starve? Is that what I see being proposed here? The American Dream I'll tell you

So....why don't we just create a death penalty situation for assistance abuse or welfare fraud?

That'd be a good way to start killing people for being too poor and lazy.

Like seriously, if there was a way you could prove in a court of law that a person was actively being poor AND lazy and getting over on American tax dollars, would it be a good idea to end that person's life? Like, could that be a popular idea?

What do ya'll think?

Last edited:

And "fat momma" huh? Ok

And you cant use an EBT card at a fast food restaurant. But I guess if people cant afford to eat, we should just let them starve? Is that what I see being proposed here? The American Dream I'll tell you

That hit to close to home or something? Ease up man I gave an example of the most extreme cases. Unfortunately I DO SEE THIS on a daily basis.

American dream? To what be a leech? Sorry that's not a dream.

And "fat momma" huh? Ok

This is NOT true. Maybe not at retail places but any corner store in the hood DOES accept it. Last time I checked a lot of those stores ALSO make food

Giving money to less fortune people in 3rd world countries = ok
Giving money to less fortune people in our country = not ok

......how about we just change the name "welfare" to "charity" = problem solved:

1) People would feel better about giving away their tax dollars
2) People on charity would feel more inclined to find work

Blaming the government and schools is completely false. It starts with the parents and ends with the parents. End of story. Kids drop out all the time in inner city's because the parents don't do their job. Kids think its ok to scam the government for free money because their parents didn't teach them responsibilities. There's a reason this goes multi generations deep.

:lol:

The ignorance is amazing.

Not saying parents are free from blame, but many inner city schools aren't trying to really teach these students, but rather teach standardized tests so that these schools can continue to receive government funding. Read up on the No Child Left Behind Act and its "success."

Kids drop out because their parents are working two and three jobs to make ends meet, and are often home alone. Or their parents are addicted to drugs and too poor to support them (if your parents are rich addicts, everything is okay, but we don't judge these ones). Or they're drawn by the easy money of the drug trade (google COINTELPRO).

I don't know where this idea comes from that most of the people receiving government assistance are scamming the system. Most people really are struggling. The problem is, you have people in here making judgement based on what they hear from others or see on their news station of choice. The ones from these situations or that know actual real life people going through these situations rarely are so judgemental.

The fourth season of the Wire touches this subject very well, I suggest it to everyone in this thread.

There are no simple solutions to this problem because this is not a simple problem. It is complex and multifaceted.

So....why don't we just create a death penalty situation for assistance abuse or welfare fraud?

That'd be a good way to start killing people for being too poor and lazy.

Like seriously, if there was a way you could prove in a court of law that a person was actively being poor AND lazy and getting over on American tax dollars, would it be a good idea to end that person's life? Like, could that be a popular idea?

What do ya'll think?

Wow. Probably the most idiotic thing I have read in this thread thus far. I hope to god that you're trolling.

Last edited:
Single mother of 3 who earns just enough to live check to check = lazy?

you NTers kill me, basing your argument by a few bad seeds who abuse welfare and other extreme examples of welfare recipients.

I agree there needs to be strict regulation on who receives it (ie drug testing) But to say that a nation where the unemployment rate decreases at a slow rate should stop welfare altogether is asinine.

Last edited:
Next thing you know NTers are going to support the destruction of public housing because of the crime that goes on.

Next thing you know NTers are going to support the destruction of public housing because of the crime that goes on.

Public Housing is a TRAVESTY in philadelphia. I KNOW dozen of contractors who build their houses. They're built knowing they'll be ruined in five years. They KNOW they'll be back in 5 years fixing the destruction.

Again, I go by what I SEE in PHILADELPHIA. I'm not basing anything I say, or any views on what the rest of America is doing.

Single mother of 3 who earns just enough to live check to check = lazy?

you NTers kill me, basing your argument by a few bad seeds who abuse welfare and other extreme examples of welfare recipients.

I agree there needs to be strict regulation on who receives it (ie drug testing) But to say that a nation where the unemployment rate decreases at a slow rate should stop welfare altogether is asinine.

I hope this wasn't directed at me. I've already said I gave an EXTREME example.

Again, my views are what goes on in PHILADELPHIA. The bad out weigh the good in a LARGE margin.

Back
Top Bottom