Actual Pictures of Air Griffeys!

Now all we need, is Junior going back home to Seattle, dust of Jay Buhner, Joey Cora, Edgar Martinez, and bring back Jaime Moyer, Randy Johnson, and LouPinella, and it'll be 1996 again!
happy.gif

I ordered a customized authentic Griffey Jr/Mariners jerseys last night.
pimp.gif

^ Don't you mean '95? Which was when Jr. first wore the AGM1's...
wink.gif
Refuse to Lose bro...

Lets not forget Tino...
smokin.gif

we'll leave Bobby Ayala behind...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ Don't you mean '95? Which was when Jr. first wore the AGM1's...
wink.gif
Refuse to Lose bro...

Lets not forget Tino...
smokin.gif

we'll leave Bobby Ayala behind...
eyes.gif
man i wanted them to beat the indians so bad in the alcs...

what was nike promoting with the griffey in 96 campaign??

^ a few on ebay

rocketsfan - Yeah the "Griffey in'96" campaign, if memory serves, was for the AGM1. But I remember getting them at around Nov. 95 (on sale at the Northgate Nordstroms, incidentally,which meant that they could've been out for a while).

Now if Getty Images' archives are accurate, Jr. can been see wearing these in a game against KC Aug 13, '95. Prior to this, he's seen wearing theDiamony Fury's.
21215de266e6712ca9d6662ba784f300835a663.pjpg

He continues to wear em thoughout the '96 season... up until Sept '96 when he switches to the AGM2's
559158e96de1772c77199b3d2e14b1400d1a36a.pjpg

What a sweet swing...
smokin.gif

when Nike released the OG Griffey 1 they made it so people could think they can play baseball like Ken Griffey Jr
laugh.gif
... they didnt really have the sneakergeek in mind but now they are releasing the retro to satisfy all of us "sneakerheads" so details like the small air bubble doesnt really concern Nikeeven though it should but nonetheless I also will cop
eyes.gif

Pretty close, Sin. Unfortunately the chronological order of Getty is a little screwy.

Griffs '95 cleats had the '95 cleated midsole and was first featured in the white/black/emerald. Pic from the Playoff game.....
aeb2tu.jpg

Here you can see the '95 cleated midsole featured on the Diamond Fury....
212sp6c.jpg

Here's the '96 AGMI with the '96 cleated midsole. The Black/Emerald colorway (the best colorway, bar none, IMO) was manufactured on 1/12/96.
30sc9w9.jpg

lol why is every1 *****ing about bubbles . we should be happy these are retroing since these are hella hard to find and if we do find em there beat or cost 200

HnT - Ahhh... that makes sense... that Getty pic threw me off, cuz I remember seeing the white ones first... Cool...

Yuku's throwing me off too... screwing up my reply...
frown.gif

anyone else having trouble with IE?

Originally Posted by PrimeSole

who is this *!#!? no one loves the royal blues they hit outlets and collected dust on shelves, i remember seeing them for $39.99 at sports zone when i was in6th grade. LOL @ hit big hat and small clothes

^ I don't.

Royal blues will KILL those in the summer.

Plus there's already a black based pair dropping.

Back
Top Bottom