Adidas ADIZERO ROSE review

Originally Posted by duke4005

Need a few more wears to form an opinion, but thinking Zoom 2K3 mixed with Crazy 8 so far.

Deezy, if you have nay Ross stores, check them out. I picked up the white/red SUpercreator D.Rose's last week for $28.
1.  Nice pick up.  I don't need another pair, but at that price it's hard to say no.

2.  If the uppers are that stiff, like 2K3's, I gotta stay away.  I loved 2K3's for running, running and more running, but the upper was too stiff and at times uncomfortable.

Originally Posted by duke4005

Need a few more wears to form an opinion, but thinking Zoom 2K3 mixed with Crazy 8 so far.

Deezy, if you have nay Ross stores, check them out. I picked up the white/red SUpercreator D.Rose's last week for $28.
1.  Nice pick up.  I don't need another pair, but at that price it's hard to say no.

2.  If the uppers are that stiff, like 2K3's, I gotta stay away.  I loved 2K3's for running, running and more running, but the upper was too stiff and at times uncomfortable.

Yeah, Noble, I just saw that. I got into that topic last year with "another" NT'er and no one came out a winner. I got the Black Ice also, and I don't know why they are more, except for the fact that adidas has had a $100 ceiling on all of their performance BB shoes (except special editions) since the TS started 2 years ago. The Black Ice are EXTREMELY nice though. Very good shoe, especially for a first release. I agree about the Nike commercial comparisons too. The new adi ones definitely have a Fun Police/Humpty/Barkley talk show feel to them . Nice, though.

Zombie, the Rose's are BEGGING for a low top. You can check the construction and see how easy it would be to just cut the collar and make your own. Three little stitches and it would be done. And they would look great. As of now, though, I haven't seen any plans. The main reason for the collar/tongue mixture was to lace the Speedwrap braces through everything, so it is obvious D.Rose wants ankle support, so they may shy away from an actual low in his name. I will try to find out though.

Deezy, the uppers aren't stiff at all, just the heel counter and the midfoot. The uppers are actually very pliable while still supporting in the right areas. Think Huarache 2K4. Don't stay away; at least try them on. I probably picked the wrong shoe to compare, but the Sprintframe just brought the 2K3 to mind. They really are a good evolution of the Supers.

Yeah, Noble, I just saw that. I got into that topic last year with "another" NT'er and no one came out a winner. I got the Black Ice also, and I don't know why they are more, except for the fact that adidas has had a $100 ceiling on all of their performance BB shoes (except special editions) since the TS started 2 years ago. The Black Ice are EXTREMELY nice though. Very good shoe, especially for a first release. I agree about the Nike commercial comparisons too. The new adi ones definitely have a Fun Police/Humpty/Barkley talk show feel to them . Nice, though.

Zombie, the Rose's are BEGGING for a low top. You can check the construction and see how easy it would be to just cut the collar and make your own. Three little stitches and it would be done. And they would look great. As of now, though, I haven't seen any plans. The main reason for the collar/tongue mixture was to lace the Speedwrap braces through everything, so it is obvious D.Rose wants ankle support, so they may shy away from an actual low in his name. I will try to find out though.

Deezy, the uppers aren't stiff at all, just the heel counter and the midfoot. The uppers are actually very pliable while still supporting in the right areas. Think Huarache 2K4. Don't stay away; at least try them on. I probably picked the wrong shoe to compare, but the Sprintframe just brought the 2K3 to mind. They really are a good evolution of the Supers.

The black colorway seems to have a different material upper than the white and aluminum colorways of the shoe.  All of them have "sprint skin?"

The black colorway seems to have a different material upper than the white and aluminum colorways of the shoe.  All of them have "sprint skin?"

@Duke - Word. DRose is also so wrapped up I know there's no way he'd drop his sig in a low cut. That TS Low Motion Nat linked in the other thread might be a winner, though, is the cush setup similar? If so they're auto copped

@Duke - Word. DRose is also so wrapped up I know there's no way he'd drop his sig in a low cut. That TS Low Motion Nat linked in the other thread might be a winner, though, is the cush setup similar? If so they're auto copped

I think it is the cushioning and sole from the Supercreator, not for sure though. Still not bad.

I think it is the cushioning and sole from the Supercreator, not for sure though. Still not bad.

duke - can you go a half size down on these and still be comfortable, or is that a no go?

I feel like I could have gone half down in the Supercreators, there's a little bit of room in the toebox, but there would be some minor discomfort.

Thanks.

duke - can you go a half size down on these and still be comfortable, or is that a no go?

I feel like I could have gone half down in the Supercreators, there's a little bit of room in the toebox, but there would be some minor discomfort.

Thanks.

Deezy, I wouldn't go down. They really trimmed the toe box on these, and they are a little narrower and sleeker, about the same length. The toe cap is made to fit like a second skin on these.

Deezy, I wouldn't go down. They really trimmed the toe box on these, and they are a little narrower and sleeker, about the same length. The toe cap is made to fit like a second skin on these.

24z94qe.gif

Appreciate it duke, and thanks for the comparison pic. That really put things in perspective, that toe box looks ultra slim and snug.

And what an absolutely filthy dunk.

Appreciate it duke, and thanks for the comparison pic. That really put things in perspective, that toe box looks ultra slim and snug.

And what an absolutely filthy dunk.

Back
Top Bottom