Adidas ADIZERO ROSE review

Adizero Rose:

These were released in Canada already and I tried these at the Toronto flagship store.  Overall impression, I really liked them.  But my opinion cannot be taken as completely correct because I haven`t had the chance to actually wear them in a game for a full review.  I`m an all out Nike guy, my first pair of adidas were the Gil-zero`s which I didn`t like after one game.   

Review:

- The shoes are REALLY light.
- Geofit strap reminds me of the XX strap, but easier to get into.  Much more simple and nothing fancy, it`s just an extension of the shoe and no velcro.
- Sprint Skin is much similar to ``flywire``, the upper is really flexible
- The soles are stronger and thicker than any basketball shoe Nike has to offer in its equivalent with flywire.  Maybe it`s just how adidas does things.
- Essentially, this heel cup = Nike heel cup, but when I walked around I could feel a round, circular bump on the heels.
- Shoes are more narrow versus being wide, I tried a 10 and they seem spacious.  Then a 9.5 and they just fit and a bit snug.   
- Traction worked really well.
- I don`t foresee durability being a problem.  Adidas doesn`t have a reputation like Nike with their shoes giving away after so many months. 

I didn`t buy them then, but I will give them a-go.  Initially leaning towards white ones, but probably black now and in size 10`s than 9.5`s.  Anything else just post here and let me know.  I think this shoe takes a page out of Nike flywire stuff but not as heavily marketed in terms of technologies used.   

d9f261d65278ed9025286303810ce7d082c9e4e2_r.jpg

(Picture was taken with my blackberry)

Adizero Rose:

These were released in Canada already and I tried these at the Toronto flagship store.  Overall impression, I really liked them.  But my opinion cannot be taken as completely correct because I haven`t had the chance to actually wear them in a game for a full review.  I`m an all out Nike guy, my first pair of adidas were the Gil-zero`s which I didn`t like after one game.   

Review:

- Geofit strap reminds me of the XX strap, but easier to get into.  Much more simple and nothing fancy, it`s just an extension of the shoe and no velcro.
- The soles are stronger and thicker than any basketball shoe Nike has to offer in its equivalent with flywire.  Maybe it`s just how adidas does things.
- Essentially, this heel cup = Nike heel cup, but when I walked around I could feel a round, circular bump on the heels.
- Shoes are more narrow versus being wide, I tried a 10 and they seem spacious.  Then a 9.5 and they just fit and a bit snug.   
- I don`t foresee durability being a problem.  Adidas doesn`t have a reputation like Nike with their shoes giving away after so many months. 

I didn`t buy them then, but I will give them a-go.  Initially leaning towards white ones, but probably black now and in size 10`s than 9.5`s.  Anything else just post here and let me know.  I think this shoe takes a page out of Nike flywire stuff but not as heavily marketed in terms of technologies used.   

Thanks for the first impressions.  I've been waiting patiently for these to drop.  I too, am a Nike guy.  I always lean towards Nike products but do give the three stripes a try whenever my guy Duke decides to put up a big review for an Adidas shoe.  I'm currently using the Hyperfuses and am pretty happy with them so far.  I came from the Kobe V's which was a great shoe but ripped on me so I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on a shoe that will poop out on me.  The Adidas line has seemed to get better and better after each shoe.  Heard nothing but great things about the Supernatural Creators but never got around to giving them a try.  I will definitely give these a look on Friday when they come out.  Thanks for the first impression and if you happen to pick them up, please post a review.  

Thanks for the first impressions.  I've been waiting patiently for these to drop.  I too, am a Nike guy.  I always lean towards Nike products but do give the three stripes a try whenever my guy Duke decides to put up a big review for an Adidas shoe.  I'm currently using the Hyperfuses and am pretty happy with them so far.  I came from the Kobe V's which was a great shoe but ripped on me so I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on a shoe that will poop out on me.  The Adidas line has seemed to get better and better after each shoe.  Heard nothing but great things about the Supernatural Creators but never got around to giving them a try.  I will definitely give these a look on Friday when they come out.  Thanks for the first impression and if you happen to pick them up, please post a review.  

nice review man!been waiting for these.one question though.is it cushioned like the kobe iv?

nice review man!been waiting for these.one question though.is it cushioned like the kobe iv?

i hope i can bring myself to finally invest in a pair of adidas this time around instead of saying i will and then exclusively buying nikes lol. can't wait to try them out in stores, and thanks for the first impression.

i hope i can bring myself to finally invest in a pair of adidas this time around instead of saying i will and then exclusively buying nikes lol. can't wait to try them out in stores, and thanks for the first impression.

dnvtran, you are in luck. adidas sent me a pair, should be here today or tomorrow, and I will be hitting them later this week, all weekend, and next week for the review. I will let you know when it will be coming on Counterkicks.com. I am writing for them now but still trolling here. If you get a chance, check out the UA Black Ice. I think you will like it.

dnvtran, you are in luck. adidas sent me a pair, should be here today or tomorrow, and I will be hitting them later this week, all weekend, and next week for the review. I will let you know when it will be coming on Counterkicks.com. I am writing for them now but still trolling here. If you get a chance, check out the UA Black Ice. I think you will like it.

Originally Posted by duke4005

I'm envious.

I can relate to dnvtran.  Your review (confirmed by a lot of other reviewers) was the main reason I got a pair of the Supernat Creators, finally got that first D Rose colorway and I'm liking them a lot.  Amazingly light for a shoe with a shroud/zipper combo, and the traction is great - my hand almost sticks when I wipe the bottoms, can't say that for a lot of my other shoes.

While these look intriguing, I'm determined to pick up some lows that utilize the same tech.  I wish Gil didn't go so ballistic so we would have had a chance at those Supernatural Lows.

Originally Posted by duke4005

I'm envious.

I can relate to dnvtran.  Your review (confirmed by a lot of other reviewers) was the main reason I got a pair of the Supernat Creators, finally got that first D Rose colorway and I'm liking them a lot.  Amazingly light for a shoe with a shroud/zipper combo, and the traction is great - my hand almost sticks when I wipe the bottoms, can't say that for a lot of my other shoes.

While these look intriguing, I'm determined to pick up some lows that utilize the same tech.  I wish Gil didn't go so ballistic so we would have had a chance at those Supernatural Lows.

cbfpunch - I am the same way!

Duke - Great to hear from you and looking forward to the in-depth like you did for the supernaturals.  You got to give me a "buy" or "no buy" before they release this Friday if you get them and get to try them before that.  I really only play once a week now.  If I'm really lucky, twice.  So I was thinking of grabbing these on Friday if I can find them to put them on the court on Saturday.  

Deezy - So am I.  Haha.   

cbfpunch - I am the same way!

Duke - Great to hear from you and looking forward to the in-depth like you did for the supernaturals.  You got to give me a "buy" or "no buy" before they release this Friday if you get them and get to try them before that.  I really only play once a week now.  If I'm really lucky, twice.  So I was thinking of grabbing these on Friday if I can find them to put them on the court on Saturday.  

Deezy - So am I.  Haha.   

Originally Posted by jonas c8891

Adizero Rose:

Review:

is 9.5 ur true size??? and you just goin up .5 size??

Originally Posted by jonas c8891

Adizero Rose:

Review:

is 9.5 ur true size??? and you just goin up .5 size??

For all Nike's my true size is 10 (Jordan's, Kobe's, BB's and such).  However, adidas and Reebok seem to fit big for me so I dropped down to 9.5 when I tried these on.  Not the case for adizero's. 

And to respond about cushioning... Sorry nothing compares to zoom air.  Thus, I wouldn't put these ahead of Kobe's IV or V for that matter.  But I would put them into my rotation of ball shoes
wink.gif

For all Nike's my true size is 10 (Jordan's, Kobe's, BB's and such).  However, adidas and Reebok seem to fit big for me so I dropped down to 9.5 when I tried these on.  Not the case for adizero's. 

And to respond about cushioning... Sorry nothing compares to zoom air.  Thus, I wouldn't put these ahead of Kobe's IV or V for that matter.  But I would put them into my rotation of ball shoes
wink.gif

That's interesting, about the sizing. Sometimes I have to go half-down in Nikes, like for 2K4's, Kobe II ST's, Kobe III's, and Haurache 08's.

I almost always get a 10 in Adidas, except for the Gil Zero Lows.

And I agree, nothing compares to Zoom Air, but cushioning isn't the only feature of a shoe either. I'd put the Super Creators (because of the weight, court feel, traction, fit and comfort) above a lot of shoes that utilize zoom.

That's interesting, about the sizing. Sometimes I have to go half-down in Nikes, like for 2K4's, Kobe II ST's, Kobe III's, and Haurache 08's.

I almost always get a 10 in Adidas, except for the Gil Zero Lows.

And I agree, nothing compares to Zoom Air, but cushioning isn't the only feature of a shoe either. I'd put the Super Creators (because of the weight, court feel, traction, fit and comfort) above a lot of shoes that utilize zoom.

Tried them on today at Footlocker. Pretty light shoes and flexible. Ankle fit kinda weird but i like them . Waiting for them to go on sale first though

Tried them on today at Footlocker. Pretty light shoes and flexible. Ankle fit kinda weird but i like them . Waiting for them to go on sale first though

Dnv and Deezy, got them in Friday afternoon. Fit is on point, 10.5 in these (like all my Kobe's). Cushioning feels a little harder than Supers, more like the Crazy 8's, but they have some bounce to them. Possibly the lowest profile court feel shoe adidas has put out to date. Review should be up on Counterkicks by middle of next week.

Back
Top Bottom