ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

I consign on dames hurting the feet. Not a bad shoe overall but the cushion is not enough for me in the Dames.

Now the CE highs, I love them. And I agree with the guy that said try a regular pair for a game or two then switch to the CE, that'll teach ya to appreciate the boost.
Forreal, I played with my Kobe 9 EMs today and missed the CEs, somehow those give me the power and energy to finish strong and not having my legs feel like twigs :lol: it's CEs all the way now, might use other shoes just to shoot around/play outside tbh

How do yall maintain and clean primeknit shoes (have the PK CE Lows) and the insides get smelly, kinda soaked from balling daily. Would it be wise to wash them in the washer monthly or would that ruin the PK fast.

How do yall maintain and clean primeknit shoes (have the PK CE Lows) and the insides get smelly, kinda soaked from balling daily. Would it be wise to wash them in the washer monthly or would that ruin the PK fast.
Ive washed my old crazylight boost 2015 that was primeknit upper, boost heel and it was fine. Just put them each in a pillow case.

The CE low primeknit do soak up sweat. 

you can buy some of those cedar balls and put them inside the shoes, that should absorb the moisture and kill the smell

you could also buy those wooden shoe trees but those might stretch the shoes or misshapen them after a while

there's also those sneaker odor balls that I usually have on my gym bag, it deodorizes it but won't absorb the moisture off the shoes but just let it air dry for a day and the shoes should be good

not really sure how well boost sole will hold up in the washer as the rubber itself was too porous and that is why it took them a while to actually paint the boost midsole

Ive washed my old crazylight boost 2015 that was primeknit upper, boost heel and it was fine. Just put them each in a pillow case.

The CE low primeknit do soak up sweat. 
Man do they, but whatever, the PK on these are freaking godly (have the all white model), first 2 weeks I've gotten compliments from other ball players about them.

you can buy some of those cedar balls and put them inside the shoes, that should absorb the moisture and kill the smell

you could also buy those wooden shoe trees but those might stretch the shoes or misshapen them after a while

there's also those sneaker odor balls that I usually have on my gym bag, it deodorizes it but won't absorb the moisture off the shoes but just let it air dry for a day and the shoes should be good

not really sure how well boost sole will hold up in the washer as the rubber itself was too porous and that is why it took them a while to actually paint the boost midsole
hmm yeah I'll probably just wash them every 2 months, I have the Reshoevn8r laundry system so I'll prolly just use the brush system until I see a deep stain.

Man do they, but whatever, the PK on these are freaking godly (have the all white model), first 2 weeks I've gotten compliments from other ball players about them.
Same, they're so nice. Have the white PK pair, get compliments too. Haven't worn anything else since on court. White holding up fine.

Just curious for those who went half size up and balled in the white PK CW, hows performance? Did you experience any lockdown issues, heel slip, fit issues because of sizing up? 

Ive been playing in my CLB 2016 for a while now and in the beginning my legs were fine playing in them but now theyre hurting so bad after each play. Is it possible i got a bad pair?

Ive been playing in my CLB 2016 for a while now and in the beginning my legs were fine playing in them but now theyre hurting so bad after each play. Is it possible i got a bad pair?
Hi, long time reader, first time poster. I was experiencing the same thing. The boost is actually pretty thick, its just that the strobel board on top of it is very tight and rigid, dampening whatever effect the boost would have. I couldn't feel it in the forefoot at all, only in the heel.

I actually did something about it: one day I was poking extra lace holes in the shoe with a sharp hunting knife(I got the idea from a Schwollo article to eliminate the heel slip) and I figured why not, I should try to cut out the strobel board, because the comfy boost running shoes don't really have a strobel board, just some cloth over the boost. I cut out as much of the strobel board as I can, and the parts that were glued down I just slashed their surface with many lines so it was more malleable. After that I put in a slightly better insole. The result is that the shoe feels pretty much as comfy as the adidas running shoes, and has better impact protection than it used to.

I wouldn't recommend most to try this because you can easily mess up your shoe, but somehow I got lucky and I didn't. These are my outdoor ball/beater shoes so they weren't that precious to me.

^wow that's ballsy! Glad it worked out for you. Do you lose any stability/ court feel/ explosiveness?

Also, what insoles did you plug in they're?

Hi, long time reader, first time poster. I was experiencing the same thing. The boost is actually pretty thick, its just that the strobel board on top of it is very tight and rigid, dampening whatever effect the boost would have. I couldn't feel it in the forefoot at all, only in the heel.

I actually did something about it: one day I was poking extra lace holes in the shoe with a sharp hunting knife(I got the idea from a Schwollo article to eliminate the heel slip) and I figured why not, I should try to cut out the strobel board, because the comfy boost running shoes don't really have a strobel board, just some cloth over the boost. I cut out as much of the strobel board as I can, and the parts that were glued down I just slashed their surface with many lines so it was more malleable. After that I put in a slightly better insole. The result is that the shoe feels pretty much as comfy as the adidas running shoes, and has better impact protection than it used to.

I wouldn't recommend most to try this because you can easily mess up your shoe, but somehow I got lucky and I didn't. These are my outdoor ball/beater shoes so they weren't that precious to me.
I actually tried doing that at the forefoot but I found that the strobel board was glued so I stopped. I guess its not glued all over. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
I cut open the strobel in the heel on one of my pair of Harden 1s. It definitely changed the Boost feeling - became softer. I'm tempted to try to cut out the entire strobel on that pair now...

^wow that's ballsy! Glad it worked out for you. Do you lose any stability/ court feel/ explosiveness?

Also, what insoles did you plug in they're?
It doesn't really feel that unstable, maybe just slightly. I don't think I lose any court feel or explosiveness, but maybe someone else might. I prioritize cushioning because I sometimes get knee pain after games(not so much with boost shoes, they've been great for that), so the extra comfort from cutting the strobel board actually makes me feel a little better about doing hard movements. I used a Sofsole thin fit insole because any thicker insole would make the shoe way too tight. Its not a huge amount of cushioning, but its better than the cheap stock insoles they use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The red model  

I actually tried doing that at the forefoot but I found that the strobel board was glued so I stopped. I guess its not glued all over. Thanks for the tip!

It was really tricky cutting the forefoot. They glue it down the middle and it varies how much they use, so when I cut the side and got a good grip on a piece of it I could rip out chunks of it from the glue. I couldn't rip out portions of the forefoot, so I just cut a bunch of vertical and horizontal lines and that made it easier to compress. It was a bit difficult cutting the forefoot since the tongue doesn't fold down that much; I had to put pressure on it while holding the knife from the collar area. I actually could've cut the sides of the shoe or the stitching connecting the strobel board to the upper, so it was a bit of a risk. I could barely reach the toebox, so I just cut some vertical lines on there as much as I can.

Adidas should just release a ball shoe with a softer strobel board; it just feels comfier and absorbs more impact. When people would try it on in stores, they would really feel the boost and would be more inclined to buy it. That rubber/foam-feeling strobel board that I've seen on some Nikes would be good.

It doesn't really feel that unstable, maybe just slightly. I don't think I lose any court feel or explosiveness, but maybe someone else might. I prioritize cushioning because I sometimes get knee pain after games(not so much with boost shoes, they've been great for that), so the extra comfort from cutting the strobel board actually makes me feel a little better about doing hard movements. I used a Sofsole thin fit insole because any thicker insole would make the shoe way too tight. Its not a huge amount of cushioning, but its better than the cheap stock insoles they use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The red model 

It was really tricky cutting the forefoot. They glue it down the middle and it varies how much they use, so when I cut the side and got a good grip on a piece of it I could rip out chunks of it from the glue. I couldn't rip out portions of the forefoot, so I just cut a bunch of vertical and horizontal lines and that made it easier to compress. It was a bit difficult cutting the forefoot since the tongue doesn't fold down that much; I had to put pressure on it while holding the knife from the collar area. I actually could've cut the sides of the shoe or the stitching connecting the strobel board to the upper, so it was a bit of a risk. I could barely reach the toebox, so I just cut some vertical lines on there as much as I can.

Adidas should just release a ball shoe with a softer strobel board; it just feels comfier and absorbs more impact. When people would try it on in stores, they would really feel the boost and would be more inclined to buy it. That rubber/foam-feeling strobel board that I've seen on some Nikes would be good.
Damn, so how's the level of the Boost after the cut job, ultra boost levels? Wonder if I should do this to my Crazy Explosives [emoji]129300[/emoji] I'd love to buy the pair you have off you for exactly that cushion :lol:

Last edited:
Damn, so how's the level of the Boost after the cut job, ultra boost levels? Wonder if I should do this to my Crazy Explosives [emoji]129300[/emoji] I'd love to buy the pair you have off you for exactly that cushion
laugh.gif
It's not quite ultraboost level, but I'd say its slightly below the Supernova, which is still a damn comfy shoe. The Crazy Explosive is my indoor shoe, and I'm not going to do a cut job on it just yet since the boost feels pretty good to me on those as it is, but I probably will in a few months after they're beat up, just to see how they feel.

Why haven't we seen more of the 2017 CEs and any of the 2017 CLBs? Both should release in the next couple of months like last year, right?

Back
Top Bottom