ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Did anyone grab a pair of primeknit CLB16s? Was always curious how they were over the jacquard, I remember Nightwing mentioning the front lace loops caused some irritation.
I found a store that had them and tried them on. All I remember was they were more snug(as a wide-footer, that sucked) and they felt more secure at the heel. There was no tongue so the upper felt kind of like the crazy explosive 2016 low.

Did anyone grab a pair of primeknit CLB16s? Was always curious how they were over the jacquard, I remember Nightwing mentioning the front lace loops caused some irritation.

I have the CNY version. The prime knit doesn't make much of a difference. I feel like it fits a bit better, a little more snug and less heel slip, but not enough to seek it out over the regular version.

Ebay Shoebacca store still has a few of the CNY left...sizes 10, 11, 12

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 10.12.05 AM.png

Capture+_2018-03-18-23-27-35.jpg

Was able to grab this colorway on ebay for about $60 (great pre-owned condition) last month. Dried up quickly when they started to mark the price down and there weren't any on ebay in my size under $100 so I didn't think I would find a pair. Just have to search ebay once in awhile and they'll pop up eventually.
Gotta diy that extra eyelet haha
Got mines on GOAT for like $30, you just gotta look everywhere and on every selling app.

adidas-crazy-explosive-2017-core-black-silver-metalic-light-solid.jpg

I got the regular Crazy Explosive 2017 on a brief flash sale from a retailer on amazon for $75 and been playing in them for over a month. I think they've been sitting, with people mostly getting the primeknits and not giving these a fair shake. I quite like the more supportive upper and an actual ankle collar. Has anyone else got these, and what do you think of them?

for crazy explosive 2016 i liked the neonprene better than the prime knit...havent tried the 2017 versions yet

adidas-crazy-explosive-2017-core-black-silver-metalic-light-solid.jpg

I got the regular Crazy Explosive 2017 on a brief flash sale from a retailer on amazon for $75 and been playing in them for over a month. I think they've been sitting, with people mostly getting the primeknits and not giving these a fair shake. I quite like the more supportive upper and an actual ankle collar. Has anyone else got these, and what do you think of them?

I have that exact pair. Played in them last week, they felt like last years non-primeknit version. Solid shoe.

for crazy explosive 2016 i liked the neonprene better than the prime knit...havent tried the 2017 versions yet

I tried the 2017 primeknit version and they're pretty good. I only had the 2016 non-pk so I was never able to compare with the 2016 pk.

Always wanted to try the neonprene pairs, is it more stretchy, why do you like em more than the PKs.

Always wanted to try the neonprene pairs, is it more stretchy, why do you like em more than the PKs.
i didn't find it more stretchy...thought the PKs were a bit heavier and less ventilation {could be me} and the neoprene molded better to my foot... i tried finding the weight of the PK & neoprene but couldn't..... PK 15.04 oz & neoprene ?? oz

Last edited:

I prefer the PKs, i found the neoprene 16s to have heel slip and cause blisters. Where the PKs didn't have heel slip until much later on and never caused blisters

i didn't find it more stretchy...thought the PKs were a bit heavier and less ventilation {could be me} and the neoprene molded better to my foot... i tried finding the weight of the PK & neoprene but couldn't..... PK 15.04 oz & neoprene ?? oz
yeah i would think the neoprene would make for a better fit. i like the PK and the look but theres still that plastic underlay so its not true PK, unlike something like the Harden LS.

yeah i would think the neoprene would make for a better fit. i like the PK and the look but theres still that plastic underlay so its not true PK, unlike something like the Harden LS.
I found the 2016 neoprenes a lot like the pks in softness, but they were more ventilated. I liked them a little better, but they were very similiar. The 2017s feel pretty different between the non-pk and pk. The non-pk I'm liking now now. It feels more like a traditional basketball shoe, with more support, good ankle collar, and an actual tongue.

The sole on the 2017s are a little more durable than the 2016s. the 2016s had the most soft transluscent rubber I've ever had on a ball shoe and burned through quicker than I would like.

Has this ever released to the public? Pretty dope to see a PK pair with a solid rubber outsole.

Attachments

• A04A2194-BEB6-4E85-932E-390950358028.jpeg
    A04A2194-BEB6-4E85-932E-390950358028.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 20
Has anyone hooped in the BYW joints? Forgive me for not adequately searching the thread lol, but really want to get the black pair with a discount card I have and try them out on court...

Has anyone hooped in the BYW joints? Forgive me for not adequately searching the thread lol, but really want to get the black pair with a discount card I have and try them out on court...

They're not designed for on court but I guess that doesn't mean they can't be used that way. Only the BYW X is intended for on court use so far. Regular BYWs are lifestyle shoes.

They're not designed for on court but I guess that doesn't mean they can't be used that way. Only the BYW X is intended for on court use so far. Regular BYWs are lifestyle shoes.

To add:

BYW doesn’t have the heel or medial counter plates that the X has. Would probably be similar to trying to hoop in some ultra-boosts.

Last edited:
RIP your ankles. There's no support in those uppers... It's basically a sock like every other lifestyle adidas shoe.

Does anyone here prefer bounce to boost for basketball performance?

I just find that boost setups are always pretty firm in their basketball shoes. I'm wondering whats the point if feels similar to bounce and bounce is cheaper.

Sporry if this has been asked before.

Back
Top Bottom