ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Does anyone here prefer bounce to boost for basketball performance?

I just find that boost setups are always pretty firm in their basketball shoes. I'm wondering whats the point if feels similar to bounce and bounce is cheaper.

Sporry if this has been asked before.
I love Boost because they take all the pain and soreness away. Always wanted to try Bounce tho tbh

Does anyone here prefer bounce to boost for basketball performance?

I just find that boost setups are always pretty firm in their basketball shoes. I'm wondering whats the point if feels similar to bounce and bounce is cheaper.

Sporry if this has been asked before.
Both are good. Dame said he prefers bounce if that’s any help lol

29714800_2033536153633787_5270542793431842816_n.jpg

29739656_568705296843786_8079669791217942528_n.jpg

29401999_229356230957820_8927138173830561792_n.jpg

Need these. Especially as a Wizards and Wall fan.

I like both Bounce and Boost personally. If I could only choose one I'm going with Boost, but I enjoy playing in my Dame 4's a lot, maybe more than the CE Low 2016 or CLB 2016. Depends on the implementation more than anything. I think it's possible to use Boost in a way that doesn't fully utilize the potential, just like with zoom air.

I like both Bounce and Boost personally. If I could only choose one I'm going with Boost, but I enjoy playing in my Dame 4's a lot, maybe more than the CE Low 2016 or CLB 2016. Depends on the implementation more than anything. I think it's possible to use Boost in a way that doesn't fully utilize the potential, just like with zoom air.
How would you compare the 2? Always wanted to try the Dame 4s but I need Boost to save my legs, does bounce give you that impact protection that Boost does? Or does Bounce give you more court feel and lightness...

How would you compare the 2? Always wanted to try the Dame 4s but I need Boost to save my legs, does bounce give you that impact protection that Boost does? Or does Bounce give you more court feel and lightness...

It really depends on your playing style and needs. I would lean towards the court feel and lightness you mentioned overall, but it depends on how you play and how frequently as well. I feel faster in the Dame 4's than I do in my Boost bball shoes, so that could be related to weight and firmness, as well as transition.

I'm 34, 5 8" and 175 lbs and I play maybe once a week, so I'm usually fine with any of the big brand cushioning systems. If I played more frequently I might need something more substantial for impact protection.

Adidas dropped the ball by not releasing the byw x yet. It’s the playoffs, the perfect time.
The hype is gone. By the time they drop them no one will care anymore.

It really depends on your playing style and needs. I would lean towards the court feel and lightness you mentioned overall, but it depends on how you play and how frequently as well. I feel faster in the Dame 4's than I do in my Boost bball shoes, so that could be related to weight and firmness, as well as transition.

I'm 34, 5 8" and 175 lbs and I play maybe once a week, so I'm usually fine with any of the big brand cushioning systems. If I played more frequently I might need something more substantial for impact protection.
Sounds about right, I played 2-3 times a week, ever since trying Boost my legs have never felt bad even once...I wanna try those or the new Kobe NXT 360s though badly.

Adidas dropped the ball by not releasing the byw x yet. It’s the playoffs, the perfect time.
The hype is gone. By the time they drop them no one will care anymore.
getting me a pair of Kobe 360 instead. Adidas is Wildin for trying to create fake sense of hype for this shoe. Never seem such a boched release for a general release basketball shoe.

Nope. Adidas just trying to generate fake hype. This is coming from Adidas rep I talked to back in February/early march.
Well they've ****ed that up. The tipping point has been reached and they never took advantage. Should have dropped them slowly around AS weekend with a full roll out now...if hype was the goal. They did the first part but then just completely forgot about it.

I'd like to know why more NBA/NCAA players are not wearing the model? Adidas always pushes their new models on their athletes...Everyone was rocking the Crazy Lights. (cost my boy Rose a serious ankle injury in that 2011 playoff run...cheap *** shoes..come to think of it, given Rose's injury history, probably not fair to say that rolled ankle was "serious"...but it did slow him down for sure). Everyone was rocking the CLB's. Everyone was rocking the CE's. But I think I've noted 4 players max in this model? Wall, Young, Brown, and Ingram?

I'd actually prefer to believe something is wrong with the production of the shoe at this point.

I would like to believe they fixed the rubber sole from easily disingrating after a few wears, but honestly don't know and don't care like that anymore.

Adidas had the same durability issues with the Crazy Explosive 16 highs. The rubber was so soft it would flake off after a few weeks of wear indoors. As a consumer, I felt a bit cheated. I don't understand the point of going with that. The traction wasn't improved by it; I had a solid rubber version that had better bite than the soft transluscent. It doesn't make any sense. Do they think it improves the look? The 16s, while being great performers, were kind of ugly IMO. Just putting transluscent rubber on it is like putting lipstick on a pig.

Back
Top Bottom