ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Another reviewer having a problem with the CLB16

he bought his TTS 11us and half size down 10.5us

after 2 weeks he still have the problem of heel slippage on both sizes

he cannot fit in 10us so do not suggest it :smile:

maybe the primeknit clb16 will fix the issue
I can see the primeknit version fixing the issue. When I tried them on I noticed It was harder to lace them tightly because of the plastic wings. Just from trying on it was harder to lockdown the heel. Every other part of the shoe felt really nice.  The primeknit version doesn't have those wings so that could help with the slipping. I'm going to try them out for myself when the other colors drop.. 

I was debating between these and the 2k4, especially since the 2k4 is 100 now. I bought a pair of the 2k4 but I think I impulse bought them a half size too big. Went back to try on the CrazyLight and I already noticed the heel fit issue. Going down half a size did nothing but make the sides tighter. Thanks for these reviews everyone, helps with my decision making...

The Harden symbol is so awful. Looks like a 5 year old came up with that in like 10 minutes.

The current symbol/logo is not the one that's going to be on his signature shoe coming later this year, if that assuages your distaste for it at all.

Does Adidas have the same leniency when it comes to returns as Nike?

Like thirty days return in any condition?

Last edited:
Idk if anyone can comment on this, but did anyone else experience hardening of the Boost or lack of forefoot Boost feel in the Rose 6 over time? I've been playing in my pair for around 5 months and the forefoot boost has really lost height and bounce, particularly in my left foot (my "power" foot where I explode from). I weigh around 190 average, am 5'11".

It's for this reason that I am hesitant with the CrazyLight Boost 2016. The Boost started out freakin amazing in my Rose 6 but just kinda died as time has gone on. Maybe I had a bad pair, because the Boost did feel a little better on my glow in the dark color way (had to return those after a day due to sizing).

On top of that, I've experienced injuries I've never had before in the Rose 6, particularly my Achilles sprain/tear/whatever happened to it. I've noticed that my color way (the black and red original away color way) has caused my Achilles to feel sore and other foot pain that I didn't experience in any other color way. For the record, I have had the glow in the dark and white silver color ways. I experienced the hard Boost overtime with the silver color way, but no Achilles soreness or other pain issues.

I guess I am just concerned with the inconsistency amongst Adidas shoes (my experience), even if it is the same shoe but different colorway. Different feeling Boost, different fit, injury occurrences in different colorway materials, etc. The zoom on my 2k4 feels amazing, just like the OGs. I've had to switch to Boost because of back and knee pain, but Zoom feels so nice when implemented like the 2k4s....

Last edited:
I tried my TTS and a half size down in the store last week. I experienced heel slip with both sizes but that was with regular thin socks. Hearing multiple stories on heel slip, I'd rather not chance it and spend my money elsewhere. But if you would be willing to try it out despite the negative comments about heel slip, that's you.
Oh I'm not put off by the heel slip stuff at all.  Especially if I get my pair through Adidas.  The first full length boost low top and it's only $120.  I have to give these a run for myself.
adidas fit being sloppy is no surprise.
It's been .5 down for me recently.  Lillard 1, Lillard 2, Rose 5 + 6 (just from try-on).  Definitely going .5 down with the Boost 16.
Does Adidas have the same leniency when it comes to returns as Nike?

Like thirty days return in any condition?
I believe 30 days is right.  One of them, Nike, UA or Adidas has a 60 day I think, but maybe they reduced it to 30.  I returned my Lillard 1 in new condition in store (sizing) and my Rose 6 in slightly used condition online/through the mail.

Idk if anyone can comment on this, but did anyone else experience hardening of the Boost or lack of forefoot Boost feel in the Rose 6 over time? I've been playing in my pair for around 5 months and the forefoot boost has really lost height and bounce, particularly in my left foot (my "power" foot where I explode from). I weigh around 190 average, am 5'11".

It's for this reason that I am hesitant with the CrazyLight Boost 2016. The Boost started out freakin amazing in my Rose 6 but just kinda died as time has gone on. Maybe I had a bad pair, because the Boost did feel a little better on my glow in the dark color way (had to return those after a day due to sizing).

I guess I am just concerned with the inconsistency amongst Adidas shoes (my experience), even if it is the same shoe but different colorway. Different feeling Boost, different fit, injury occurrences in different colorway materials, etc. The zoom on my 2k4 feels amazing, just like the OGs. I've had to switch to Boost because of back and knee pain, but Zoom feels so nice when implemented like the 2k4s....
My Pure Boosts definitely have lost some of that cloud-like volume, but they're still okay.  I would be surprised if you didn't experience a loss of cushioning.  Boost is still foam, and foam cushioning, just like every other cushioning system in existence, eventually dies out.  I'm not concerned over the Boost durability.  In my experience, it lasts just as long as any other cushioning system out there, foam or not, and sometimes longer.

Incidentally, I thought the zoom in the original 2K4's was a bit too firm.  That shoe had good transition and traction, but it had flaws to me as well.  The zoom in the Zoom Flight 2K3 and Zoom Turbine era was by far the best zoom I've experienced to date.

My Pure Boosts definitely have lost some of that cloud-like volume, but they're still okay.  I would be surprised if you didn't experience a loss of cushioning.  Boost is still foam, and foam cushioning, just like every other cushioning system in existence, eventually dies out.  I'm not concerned over the Boost durability.  In my experience, it lasts just as long as any other cushioning system out there, foam or not, and sometimes longer.

Incidentally, I thought the zoom in the original 2K4's was a bit too firm.  That shoe had good transition and traction, but it had flaws to me as well.  The zoom in the Zoom Flight 2K3 and Zoom Turbine era was by far the best zoom I've experienced to date.

I know what you mean, my Lebron 20-5-5 is the best implementation of Zoom I have ever felt. Next was the Lebron IV, though it lost some of its bounce and responsiveness as well over time (still mad comfy). Thanks for your reply, the heel Boost still feels fine in both pairs. The forefoot Boost is still "there", it just lost enough of the cushioning feel to where these just feel like regular foam shoes(if not worse really). Maybe I am just really heavy footed? The Zoom in my 2k4 is perfect IMO, I thought it was too firm at first as well until I experienced how that firmness (along with the forefoot spring plate) really "boosts" my first step and explosiveness. My only hesitation, again, is whether my body just isn't ready for Zoom anymore...[emoji]128553[/emoji]

The CrazyLight Boost felt amazing in the store, but so did the Rose 6. Zoom has always lasted for me, especially met bags because there is more packed in a smaller space (resulting in the firmer feel, which ironically feels pretty bouncy and noticeable, especially in the Kobe 5 for example).

Last edited:
Yeah, the 20-5-5 is another example of great zoom, and the Lebron II as well.

To me it's just a trade off.  Firm cushioning is great for that quickness and responsiveness, but not so much for impact protection - like UA's Charged.  If I only had to play one game with everything on the line, I might go with something like that.  But most of us probably play multiple games.  For that, I want something a little more dense and forgiving.

Yeah, the 20-5-5 is another example of great zoom, and the Lebron II as well.

To me it's just a trade off.  Firm cushioning is great for that quickness and responsiveness, but not so much for impact protection - like UA's Charged.  If I only had to play one game with everything on the line, I might go with something like that.  But most of us probably play multiple games.  For that, I want something a little more dense and forgiving.

Good point. I will probably return these 2k4s since they're a half size too big and wait for both to go on sale and cop both (even tho they were already on sale for $100, which caused the impulse buy lol). Maybe I am tying the Rose 6 too tight, causing the Achilles pain? Also, the one thing I can't STAND about the Rose 6 (which is remedied in the 2k4 and CrazyLight Boost) is an OUTRIGGER. I HATE when shoes have everything but a nice outrigger to help prevent tip overs and rolls. I rolled my ankle in my Rose 6 2 weeks ago and it was definitely because of the rounded outside and lack of a wide base to prevent the roll.

Sigh....

Last edited:
Looks like the Harden Liberties isn't excluded from codes on Adidas.com.

I even applied a code that expired a few months ago and it worked.  Wow.  Might have to get them.

Black/white pair aren't excluded from discount on FTL/Eastbay

I noticed that too. You have to have to purchase them with another item, it seems, to get the the get the discount.

Looks like the Harden Liberties isn't excluded from codes on Adidas.com.

I even applied a code that expired a few months ago and it worked.  Wow.  Might have to get them.
Care to share the codes with discount on EB FTL and adidas.com

LKS16646 is good for 15% off but the black/white are backordered.

Seriously though, I am willing to pay retail if the shoe was easily available in-store and by that I mean they actually sold it on more locations. It's like Adidas doesn't want to sell these shoes, there are maybe a good 20-25 foot stores in my area and only the Adidas store are likely carrying them (same case with the triple whites) which isn't very close.

Yeah Adidas poor distribution and the fit issues really bum me out. This isn't the first time I had trouble finding one of their basketball models and not the first time having problems with fit. Last night I played in my CLB16 for the first time, only about an hour not going too hard because my ankle isn't 100%, and the shoe is nice. Good but not great. Materials and construction I give an A+. The heel slip is real. I mean, I guess Harden loves these shoes but he's 6'6" he plays with his ankles taped and in stance socks and with a fresh pair every night - not the type of conditions as the average hooper. The whole time I was playing in them I kept wondering to myself whyyyyyy adidas would make a basketball shoe that is narrow in the forefoot and loose in the heel. I think part of the problem with the heel is the boost. There is either too much or it's too firm, I think if there was a little give or less volume then the heel fit would be much improved. Maybe even if they could put a split in the heel, nothing major just a small groove like on the bottom of the earlier Kobe models, like before the 8 or 9.

I'll keep playing in these but my first impression, nursing a tender ankle is that I'm not sure if I want to play hard vs serious competition in the Crayzlights. I really like the Boost and the materials so I'm looking forward to the DRose 7s and the Crazy Explosive hopefully one of them will turn out to be my go-to shoe.

Played in them tonight didn't push too hard still waiting on my ankle to fully heal. I didn't notice heel slip much at all. I was looking for it too with all these comments on it, I did lace very tight. Traction is amazing as stated and the cushion is awesome feet or joints didn't hurt at all after playing outdoors. Overall very happy found my new go to!

Even the Adidas store didn't carry the blk/wht CLB16s. :smh:

Why even have a release date when no store (even their own b&m) carry them and the websites has them on backorder?

They had the Hardens though but I am not trying to play ball with a white jacquard upper.

Back
Top Bottom