ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Question for anyone who has the CE Primeknits, when yall crank down the laces, does the laces dig into the top of your foot? I can feel it when i do, if I don't then the lockdown isn't adequate enough for me :/

For anyone trying to cop the regular crazy explosives, Amazon has good deals:

Amazon product ASIN B01C7WD3KM
The pricing fluctuates so you kind of have to play that game where you check every so often, but I've seen some sizes in certain colorways go sub $70.

Pricing can vary at the same time between the same size in different colorways btw, so it's best to check every colorway that has your size available at any given time.

Last edited:
Man after 3 days of hooping in the CE, I haven't felt any soreness after balling or in the mornings afterwards. Feels like a blessing [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Man after 3 days of hooping in the CE, I haven't felt any soreness after balling or in the mornings afterwards. Feels like a blessing [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]
Maybe I need to start walking and doing everything in my CE's because my legs are still and sore every all the time 
mad.gif

Maybe I need to start walking and doing everything in my CE's because my legs are still and sore every all the time >:

Maybe you got a bad pair? Not all boost shoes seem to be created equal. I have to admit I wasn't terribly impressed with Boost until recently. I tried multiple pairs of the of Rose 5, 6, and 7s and the CE mids and found the boost overly firm and most of the pairs had some small hard spots in the boost. This was totally counter to how all the reviewers kept saying the boost was amazing in these shoes. Since then I have had 3 pairs of Hardens and one pair of the CE lows. All 3 pairs of Hardens are great. The boost is smooth and consistent. The boost is responsive/bouncy and forgiving with a firmer ride (not plush and mushy at all). I really like the setup. My CE lows are bouncier and softer than the Hardens, Roses, and CE mids. After 6 weeks of regular run (I play 10-12 hrs a week and I split my time between my CE lows and Hardens) the forefoot boost in the feels like its packing out some and starting to lose some bounce. So far it's not a huge deal, but worth monitoring. I'm ready to get more Hardens and CE lows at this point.

If you got your CEs from adidas, I would recommend returning them if it's been less than 30 days from purchase date and order another pair to see if the cushioning is better.

Last edited:
Maybe you got a bad pair? Not all boost shoes seem to be created equal. I have to admit I wasn't terribly impressed with Boost until recently. I tried multiple pairs of the of Rose 5, 6, and 7s and the CE mids and found the boost overly firm and most of the pairs hard spots in the boost. This was totally counter to how all the reviewers kept saying the boost was amazing in these shoes. Since then I have had 3 pairs of Hardens and one pair of the CE lows. All 3 pairs of Hardens are great. The boost is smooth and consistent. The boost is responsive/bouncy and forgiving with a firmer ride (not plush and mushy at all). I really like the setup. My CE lows are bouncier and softer than the Hardens, Roses, and CE mids. After 6 weeks of regular run (I play 10-12 hrs a week and I split my time between my CE lows and Hardens) the forefoot boost in the feels like its packing out some and starting to lose some bounce. So far it's not a huge deal, but worth monitoring. I'm ready to get more Hardens and CE lows at this point.

If you got your CEs from adidas, I would recommend returning them if it's been less than 30 days from purchase date and order another pair to see if the cushioning is better.

Great info!

My Rose 6's are like walking on pillows, they feel great! Not much bounce but very comfy and I like playing in them. Rose 7's are ,ore firm and a good shoe. I like the CE minds, I was supposed to wear them today but I got lazy. I have the mids but I don't remember them being bouncy.

I've gotta get my hands on a pair of Harden's.

I seriously don't know if I'm getting **** products but I got my D Rose 6 in and they don't feel like anything special or "pillowy", kinda pissed about it now. I like my CE lows but that too didn't give me any kind of special comfort that people say boost gives you. Yes my legs feel great after I ball and that alone will make me keep these as my primary ball shoes (it really is a blessing) but I am hugely disappointed.

I seriously don't know if I'm getting **** products but I got my D Rose 6 in and they don't feel like anything special or "pillowy", kinda pissed about it now. I like my CE lows but that too didn't give me any kind of special comfort that people say boost gives you. Yes my legs feel great after I ball and that alone will make me keep these as my primary ball shoes (it really is a blessing) but I am hugely disappointed.

Sounds like you were expecting something different as I was. The boost on CE's and Rose's bouncy like a Nike Zoom, it's different. What I mean by "Pillowy" is it's soft and nice to run in.

Don't know what kind of shoes you have but bring two pairs of basketball shoes next time you go play. Play in a "Regular" pair of shoes and then switch to the Rose's, you'll feel the difference.

I was disappointed at first because I was expecting a "Bouncy" feeling and it wasn't there. I believe Adidas is working on the bouncy boost for basketball.

Great choice and I like the bounce too, unfortunately I can't wear them because they hurt my feet. I've never heard anyone mention it so I guess it's just me.

I consign on dames hurting the feet. Not a bad shoe overall but the cushion is not enough for me in the Dames.

Now the CE highs, I love them. And I agree with the guy that said try a regular pair for a game or two then switch to the CE, that'll teach ya to appreciate the boost.

balled in my dame 3's today and liked them a lot. feet felt great and no fatigue or pain afterwards.

At first I ordered my tts (12) through adidas and when I got them they were too big. I returned them and went half a size down (11.5) when footlocker had a 20% off sale. I feel like $95 bucks for these was a steal, and I like them a lot. Sorry you guys are having issues.

On another note I played hard in my crazylight boost lows and my feet were all kinds of beat up afterwards. Man those things killed my feet. It was night and day compared to the dame 3. I think I got a bad pair or something.

I'm only going to use the crazylight boosts on the weekends when I just shoot around by my self. I like them, but not for going hard.

Last edited:
At first I ordered my tts (12) through adidas and when I got them they were too big. I returned them and went half a size down (11.5) when footlocker had a 20% off sale. I feel like $95 bucks for these was a steal, and I like them a lot. Sorry you guys are having issues.

On another note I played hard in my crazylight boost lows and my feet were all kinds of beat up afterwards. Man those things killed my feet. It was night and day compared to the dame 3. I think I got a bad pair or something.

I'm only going to use the crazylight boosts on the weekends when I just shoot around by my self. I like them, but not for going hard.
Are you talking about the crazylight 2016?

For me it's more like the sides of my feet that that took the most abuse, and I don't have wide feet. None of my other shoes hurt like these. I think I may have just got a bad pair. I'll stick to shooting around, but playing in games is a no go.

For me it's more like the sides of my feet that that took the most abuse, and I don't have wide feet. None of my other shoes hurt like these. I think I may have just got a bad pair. I'll stick to shooting around, but playing in games is a no go.
I went 1/2 size down on my CLB16. First time wearing them killed my lateral side / pinky side too. It breaks in over time. Slowly.

But now that they're broken in, they're my go-tos

Last edited:
I have the CLB's in both my TTS and .5 down which I wear both almost equally during hoop sessions. On both shoes I feel that same slight pressure on my pinky where the plastic roll cage is, but I don't really notice it during play. Definitely a go-to shoe and one of the GOAT low tops for me.

Back
Top Bottom