ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Awesome. It's finally happening. We were just discussing the potential of Boost and FYW or puremotion a few pages back.

These aren't very appealing to me visually, but they look very comfortable.

adidas-boost-you-wear-byw-lvl-1-releasing-soon-001.jpg
adidas-boost-you-wear-byw-lvl-1-releasing-soon-002.jpg
adidas-boost-you-wear-byw-lvl-1-releasing-soon-003.jpg

Are these really like the old FYW tech or the recent “FYW” tech? Adidas was not able to use real FYW tech anymore because there was a licensing dispute between Adidas and the creator of this tech that holds the patent right? Did the patent just expired? Does anyone know?

I think it was more of a labeling or branding issue than an actual implementation thing. If I remember right, they released FYW models after all of that stuff went down, but they couldn't call it FYW.

Similar to how they renamed the Kobe shoes as the Crazy 1 and Crazy 8.

Those FYWs have a 90s vibe, even like an unfinished 90s hoop shoe. Despite the FYW cues, I could picture a swoosh on em and Gary Payton endorsing them.
I dig em but they also look like bad performers on court lol. But who knows.

I think it was more of a labeling or branding issue than an actual implementation thing. If I remember right, they released FYW models after all of that stuff went down, but they couldn't call it FYW.

Similar to how they renamed the Kobe shoes as the Crazy 1 and Crazy 8.
Are you sure it was just a more of labeling/branding issue than an actual tech/tooling implementation thing after they couldn't get their FYW license renewed? The reason I ask if anyone knows is because I remember watching and reading reviews some were eve from Duke during his counterkicks days when he reviewed the renamed Kobe's aka Crazy 8's and he said that the recent "FYW" shoes being retro'd do not have the exact same FYW tooling even though they look similar. He said that the midsole/outsole aren't as sculpted and round like the old FYW. They are more flat and it is all just for looks. I also read/watch watch numerous other posts of other people saying this too.
So yea... I am kind of skeptical that Boost You Wear still has the the same midsole/outsole tooling of Feet You Wear unless Adidas was able to resolve their difference with the creator of FYW or the patent expired recently and now it is fair game.

they really should do away with the lows, only way it looks good is if the socks match the color of the upper so it doesn't look like a low :lol:
gettyimages-896334332.jpg

gettyimages-896326672.jpg

gettyimages-896336630.jpg

gettyimages-896331238.jpg

gettyimages-896360250.jpg

gettyimages-896335562.jpg

I love playing in lows with ankle/no show socks. Just not doable in the 17 CE mids. That ankle collar rubs my achilles and shins raw if I go that route. Not sure I could get away with the 17 lows either with that ankle cut. Argh.

I'll gladly take Gordon's 16 CE lows. Nice colorway and an awesome performance shoe. Still really like that silhouette too.

I did mean do away with the CE 17 lows or release an non-pk version

the CE 16 lows were awesome and it's sad that Adidas put little to no effort in it's marketing or even bother releasing more than a handful of colorways, the overall silhouette kind of flowed with the midsole better too

Are you sure it was just a more of labeling/branding issue than an actual tech/tooling implementation thing after they couldn't get their FYW license renewed? The reason I ask if anyone knows is because I remember watching and reading reviews some were eve from Duke during his counterkicks days when he reviewed the renamed Kobe's aka Crazy 8's and he said that the recent "FYW" shoes being retro'd do not have the exact same FYW tooling even though they look similar. He said that the midsole/outsole aren't as sculpted and round like the old FYW. They are more flat and it is all just for looks. I also read/watch watch numerous other posts of other people saying this too.
So yea... I am kind of skeptical that Boost You Wear still has the the same midsole/outsole tooling of Feet You Wear unless Adidas was able to resolve their difference with the creator of FYW or the patent expired recently and now it is fair game.

No, not sure at all. What you're saying sounds more accurate.

While the upper of the basketball BYW's looks very retro, the outsoles don't look like anything special honestly. It just looks like a rounded heel with a flat forefoot. The casual pair in NW's video is a different story. The medial shot of those...looks like they mean business.

Adidas did have to change the original FYW concept because of licensing/patent issues. Whoever brought up my Crazy 8 CK review - nice, wish I still could access that review, because the pods were less pronounced and the sole was flatter than the 90s original. Shame, because with everyone going court feel and transition now, FYW is still a serious option for courts. I can't wait to try these, honestly, but I'm scared of that lateral stability.

Mastergrim, it has to happen now, right?

Back
Top Bottom