ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A heads up for anyone hoping to take advantage of Adidas' free returns: It will take over a month for your return to be processed and your money to be transferred back to you. I'm still waiting on returns from Christmas. It doesn't work nearly as fast as Nike's almost immediate returns.

@gtfan712 thanks for all your updates man. I was able to cop all-whites and solid greys.

As for returns hopefully you guys have an adidas store or outlet for instant gratification

I  ordered a size 11 grey wool from  RRS last week.  The status is listed as "processing" but when I click on "see details" it says "the item is backordered".  I have no clue at this point if I am going to get them.  I'm afraid to call and have them cancel my order outright.  I dont want to lose out on getting the wools for such a cheap price.  

I  ordered a size 11 grey wool from  RRS last week.  The status is listed as "processing" but when I click on "see details" it says "the item is backordered".  I have no clue at this point if I am going to get them.  I'm afraid to call and have them cancel my order outright.  I dont want to lose out on getting the wools for such a cheap price.  
Same dilemma...

I
Just talked to customer service at RRS to find out about my order and which blacks they were since someone said they could possibly be the gradients. She looked up the style number and sku and both came back as the core blacks (S77417) for anybody that was wondering. Lets hope this is the case!
I hope they're the core blacks

Its always been about hype.. nobody cared for boost technology shoes when they came out. I loved it back then when I was able to scoop up pairs of OG pure boosts for $40-$50 because nobody wanted them but just because kanye started wearing these joints these shoes start to fly off the shelves on most releases. 

Im a sz 9.5 on both OG Pure Boosts and Ultra Boosts ( I went half size big since I dont like the snug fit) . I have never tried pure boost 2s. I hope this helps.
I would dissagree. Pure boosts are really comfy but were just a stepping stone for adidas. The ultra is the culmination of their two best technologies. boost and PK. Pure boosts can still be had for cheap. Ultras have held their value since they dropped. 

And dont tell me kanye made the ultra boost popular. It was already being called the shoe of the year before that. Sure, Kanye put hypebeasts onto the shoe but Its such a good shoe it would have been popular without him imo

uhhh, pretty sure the first wave of people only bought because this was a new tech that came out. I know I only picked up my original pair once I started lurking this thread and hearing about the crazy comfortability. I just had to get past that feeling that the sole looked like styrofoam
laugh.gif
Speaking about the UB, when the shoe first came out, core audience ie runners/athletes raved about the comfort of the boost. The biggest drawback is that the sole (first gen) wears down too fast if you actually run in these constantly. Most never could get more than 3-6 months of life of constant use/wear/tear from running. This is why I initially stayed away from it (as a running shoe).

From a casual/lifestyle standpoint, aforementioned is not relevant. IMO, UBs became mainstream because of hype/Yeezy/social media/internet blogs IMO, but people (like myself) stay attached because of comfort as a lifestyle everyday shoe. I ditched my car years ago, and walk everywhere. UBs are my daily and perfect for my purposes.

Have you guys seen what happens when someone actually runs in a lifestyle shoe? I think there is a picture of a Y350 floating around with its sole separating from the upper from running...

Last edited:
Part of me is tempted to call and find out what is going on and part of me is afraid of blowing the deal.  The original ship date when I ordered was listed as 2/22/16 but I hope 

I don't have to wait that long to find out either way.
My thing is if its blown its blown. Idk what calling or not calling would do. Thats why I called about the blacks

Stupid adc sending me two pairs of MGs now and I only wanted one. Looks like I'll wait a month for a refund

I would dissagree. Pure boosts are really comfy but were just a stepping stone for adidas. The ultra is the culmination of their two best technologies. boost and PK. Pure boosts can still be had for cheap. Ultras have held their value since they dropped. 

And dont tell me kanye made the ultra boost popular. It was already being called the shoe of the year before that. Sure, Kanye put hypebeasts onto the shoe but Its such a good shoe it would have been popular without him imo
UBs won shoe of the year I believe in December 2015 if im right which is when Kanye started wearing the OG Black/Purp colorway then the Whites, etc. which helped boost the PR of the UBs.

Also hype is always associated with that person plus people started to realize that there is money to be made with this line. Anything that can be sold for resale is always hyped. you never saw those on other boost models.

On another note, what are the chances of me doing better than $153 for a pair of core blacks in a size 11?  I got them at the Adidas store for that price but if I can do better I will return them  before wearing them.  

Last edited:

gotta be real. the UB's are definitely hyped, they just happen to be a legit sneaker as well. sure, they were named best runner of 2015 before ye wore them - but that was declared by actual running blogs and adidas themselves at that time. kanye really put these on the map, and that's not a bad thing since they're actually a good shoe, but we prob wouldn't be needing a separate nmd thread if it weren't for him. 

Has anyone seen the SNS Uncaged?  I have not been a fan of too many caged models being uncaged but think the SNS may be a really nice fit.

Yea the continental sole is so much better. The OG sole just wears down so much in a short period of time. If you run in them, especially outside, you can really do damage quickly. Continental sole holds up a lot better
I slipped twice over the weekend in my non-continental sole.  Really lowered my rating of the shoe.  I haven't had enough exposure with the continental sole to know if it is a significant improvement.

My RRS grey wool order is still "processing".  Fingers crossed.

If you wore the same pair of UBs every day, or nearly every day, how long until you feel the boost losing it's bounce?  

UBs won shoe of the year I believe in December 2015 if im right which is when Kanye started wearing the OG Black/Purp colorway then the Whites, etc. which helped boost the PR of the UBs.

Also hype is always associated with that person plus people started to realize that there is money to be made with this line. Anything that can be sold for resale is always hyped. you never saw those on other boost models.

Kanye wore UBs way before Dec. 2015

Here's an article from May: http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2015/05/adidas-ultra-boost-is-a-great-sneaker

Not trying to say the hype is all because of him, but he was definitely part of it.

Back
Top Bottom