ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

$240 shipped for OG Purps?

Condition 9/10

No insoles
Make sure they're really 9/10. I'm always pretty skeptical of people selling used UBs claiming they've only been worn once or whatever.

Luckily because the og outsole is so soft, it's pretty easy to tell if they've been worn a lot, long as you have good shots of the outsole.

Regardless, I don't normally buy used kicks, let alone pay resale for them so I'd probably pass if it were me, but they are getting more and more scarce...

Last edited:

What happened to "restock/new drops" that were supposed to happen last weekend..........................lol
A valuable lesson in trusting the word of these "plugged in" twitter accounts & blogs that aren't actually affiliated with adidas.

Last edited:

$240 shipped for OG Purps?

Condition 9/10

No insoles
Make sure they're really 9/10. I'm always pretty skeptical of people selling used UBs claiming they've only been worn once or whatever.

Luckily because the og outsole is so soft, it's pretty easy to tell if they've been worn a lot, long as you have good shots of the outsole.

Regardless, I don't normally buy used kicks, let alone pay resale for them so I'd probably pass if it were me, but they are getting more and more scarce...
Yea. Dont like the idea of buying used and paying over retail either.

Wanted to see if I was the only one who felt that way

Since things are kind of dead around here I thought I'd post up some fresh Boost content.  I recently picked up some adiZero Prime Ltds and they quickly went to the top of the rotation.

Anyone in the US who has been interested in these knows they aren't easy to get, and information about them is sparse.  I missed out on them when they dropped on SNS because I wasn't sure about sizing, but was fortunate to catch a pair on eBay for the retail price of $180.  I went TTS with an 11 and the fit is perfect.  The tongue is detached all the way to the bottom, so you can adjust them as tight or loose as you want.  For someone like me with wide and/or tall feet, this is a welcome relief from the restrictive feel of the UB.

This is my first time seeing Adidas multicolor Primeknit in person, and I was more impressed than I had been looking at photos.  The threading is a bit less random than Flyknit, but has a clean look.  I wish the whole shoe was multicolor, but the detailing is enough to make these not seem like a black shoe, which I'm not particularly fond of.

The PK is a bit less stretchy than UBs, but it conforms well and supports the foot as you would expect from a racing shoe.  The heel counter is a flexible plastic that gives some lateral support but does not intrude on the comfort of the shoe.  Overall it's a very lightweight and breathable upper that really showcases how far Adidas has come with Primeknit.

The Boost midsole is clearly thinner than that of a UB or even NMD, but the plushness we all know and love is still evident.  It's an interesting feel on foot since you have a much better connection with the ground, but still get the responsive cushioning that is very impressive given the minimal thickness of the midsole.  I guess if UBs are the 750 series of the Boost world, the adiZero is more of a track day M3.  An added advantage is that the Continental soles have a larger contact patch than the UB, and have far better traction in wet conditions.

As mentioned before, my feet are on the wide side and I have plenty of room.  The toe box is rounded and especially roomy.  

I love the low to the ground feel of these shoes, and despite the low profile they are still comfortable after spending a day on my feet.  I've been a soccer player all my life, and these shoes remind me of the many pairs of Sambas and Gazelles that I've had over the years - except with 1000x more comfort.

I think the most direct comparison to these shoes would be the Flyknit Racer, but I don't wear those as they're just too narrow for me.  I do have a pair of Flyknit Lunar 3s, and the two share a lot of similarities.  The Lunar is a bit more cushioned when you first put it on, but after supporting my 190lb. frame all day, the Boost wins out.  And the adiZero also has the upper hand in overall comfort due to the tongue design that allows complete adjustibility, while the Lunar tongue is attached about halfway up the shoe and can be somewhat restrictive.  It must be said that I paid $90 shipped for the Nike and $180 for the Adidas, so when viewing from that perspective the adiZero really isn't twice as good a shoe.  But it looks great and feels so good that it was worth every penny to me.

I'm always on a quest for lightweight shoes, so for those who care about such things, I threw these on the scale and did some comparisons.

adiZero Prime LTD, 11US - 8.5oz

Ultra Boost Cream, 11US - 11oz

NMD Circa Knit, 10.5US - 9.5oz (fits like an 11)

Flyknit Lunar 3, 11US - 9oz

Last edited:

Since things are kind of dead around here I thought I'd post up some fresh Boost content.  I recently picked up some adiZero Prime Ltds and they quickly went to the top of the rotation.

Anyone in the US who has been interested in these knows they aren't easy to get, and information about them is sparse.  I missed out on them when they dropped on SNS because I wasn't sure about sizing, but was fortunate to catch a pair on eBay for the retail price of $180.  I went TTS with an 11 and the fit is perfect.  The tongue is detached all the way to the bottom, so you can adjust them as tight or loose as you want.  For someone like me with wide and/or tall feet, this is a welcome relief from the restrictive feel of the UB.

This is my first time seeing Adidas multicolor Primeknit in person, and I was more impressed than I had been looking at photos.  The threading is a bit less random than Flyknit, but has a clean look.  I wish the whole shoe was multicolor, but the detailing is enough to make these not seem like a black shoe, which I'm not particularly fond of.

The PK is a bit less stretchy than UBs, but it conforms well and supports the foot as you would expect from a racing shoe.  The heel counter is a flexible plastic that gives some lateral support but does not intrude on the comfort of the shoe.  Overall it's a very lightweight and breathable upper that really showcases how far Adidas has come with Primeknit.

The Boost midsole is clearly thinner than that of a UB or even NMD, but the plushness we all know and love is still evident.  It's an interesting feel on foot since you have a much better connection with the ground, but still get the responsive cushioning that is very impressive given the minimal thickness of the midsole.  I guess if UBs are the 750 series of the Boost world, the adiZero is more of a track day M3.  An added advantage is that the Continental soles have a larger contact patch than the UB, and have far better traction in wet conditions.

As mentioned before, my feet are on the wide side and I have plenty of room.  The toe box is rounded and especially roomy.  

I love the low to the ground feel of these shoes, and despite the low profile they are still comfortable after spending a day on my feet.  I've been a soccer player all my life, and these shoes remind me of the many pairs of Sambas and Gazelles that I've had over the years - expect with 1000x more comfort.

I think the most direct comparison to these shoes would be the Flyknit Racer, but I don't wear those as they're just too narrow for me.  I do have a pair of Flyknit Lunar 3s, and the two share a lot of similarities.  The Lunar is a bit more cushioned when you first put it on, but after supporting my 190lb. frame all day, the Boost wins out.  And the adiZero also has the upper hand in overall comfort due to the tongue design that allows complete adjustibility, while the Lunar tongue is attached about halfway up the shoe and can be somewhat restrictive.  It must be said that I paid $90 shipped for the Nike and $180 for the Adidas, so when viewing from that perspective the adiZero really isn't twice as good a shoe.  But it looks great and feels so good that it was worth every penny to me.

I'm always on a quest for lightweight shoes, so for those who care about such things, I threw these on the scale and did some comparisons.

adiZero Prime LTD, 11US - 8.5oz

Ultra Boost Cream, 11US - 11oz

NMD Circa Knit, 10.5US - 9.5oz (fits like an 11)

Flyknit Lunar 3, 11US - 9oz
Thanks for the content. Repped.

So all in all, still a W for UBs?

The funny thing is they actually can be worn in the rain without any issues...
Of course they can, they are SHOES, they are ment to be worn.............
roll.gif

Thanks for the content. Repped.

So all in all, still a W for UBs?
UBs are the undisputed champ for being on your feet all day, no doubt.  But they do feel a bit clunky after wearing the adiZeros a lot.  I'd rate them like this:

Comfort - UB, adiZero, NMD

Looks - adiZero, NMD, UB

But if I could only keep one pair of Boost shoes, it just might be the adiZeros.  I think Adidas could have big success with this shoe if they produced it in quantity with some interesting colorways.  It kills the Flyknit Racer in my opinion.

Last edited:

^ i think you missed the point
no i got the point yes they are wool but im pretty sure that when these were made that wearing these in the "rain' would be ok
You can absolutely wear them in the rain without ruining the shoe or anything along those lines, I'm pretty sure it's all synthetic material, even the wool. It's just that they're a TERRIBLE shoe for the rain.

They're my favorite shoe by far but even I will admit that wearing them in the rain is not an enjoyable experience. Be prepared for soaking wet socks and major slippage.

Any ideas which ones?
Someone pointed out that that is an old picture of the OG black/purple heels, so we're kinda clueless as to what's releasing based on the picture.

For what it's worth, I grabbed the new core blacks at my local Adidas and really like them. The gradient-ish pattern is really subtle and I'm liking the PK ankle

You can absolutely wear them in the rain without ruining the shoe or anything along those lines, I'm pretty sure it's all synthetic material, even the wool. It's just that they're a TERRIBLE shoe for the rain.

They're my favorite shoe by far but even I will admit that wearing them in the rain is not an enjoyable experience. Be prepared for soaking wet socks and major slippage.
100% but that is just common sense why would you want to wear that shoe in the rain on purpose thats just asking for wet feet, and the slippage is some terrible

Back
Top Bottom