ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not my pictures but I saw someone post these Triple Black 3.0 with black laces and I think they look absolutely amazing

If you are single and don't make more than 70k in the Bay:

-you're still living with your parents

-you live with multiple roommates

-you got super lucky renting a place from friend

-you live in a dorm sized apt/condo

Combined income is key out here or you literally barley making it if you try to survive with anything below that.

Oh, and living in the boonies but commuting to the Bay for salary doesn't count.
Not true. You can make under 70k and live a town over in Oakland. 

You can find an apartment here for under 2k. I mean it ain't gonna be the nicest apartment, but it also ain't gonna be dorm sized.

Last edited:

Living is dirt cheap in Arizona right now 
laugh.gif

I got a nice 1 bedroom apartment with my girl and I only pay maybe $650 a month after utilities and expenses 
nerd.gif

Yeah... but... dry heat 
sick.gif

philadelphia is in the middle of a similar situation. my girlfriend and I are looking to buy soon and luckily we make more than enough for this part of the tri-state 

Do it, brother.

White folks *for the sake of not being labeled racist let me just say rich folks...

Hate commuting.

White flight happened here and they fled to Lancaster/Palmdale, rancho cucumonga, corona for huge houses at sub 200k. They still had to drive downtown though [emoji]128514[/emoji]

At the same time, a lot of black and brown folks moved out there way too for the cost of living and now they're moving back to get that city life and they're paying top dollar for 2 bed/1 bath.

Get you a three story brownstone and I'll come visit asap

I heard it's relatively cheap to live in Texas. NJ is pretty bad lol.

There's a reason why Californians and businesses are moving to TX in droves ...

Heard a lot of their peeps are go to Oregon and Colorado, too.

Yea lot of Californians moving to Colorado, which they consider a "bargain" compared to Cali prices. This in turn raises the prices of housing here (because of limited inventory, buyers have cash offers, offering over asking price, bidding wars, etc.).  Add in the all the people moving here for 
smokin.gif

I'm not mad though, as I bought a house 2 years ago and it is now worth about $30k more than I bought it for. 

Not speaking from personal experience, but I heard Oregonians aren't necessarily happy with the situation since the people from California are driving up the prices. It may not affect you now, but if you plan on staying in the area and outgrown your current home and buy again, it more than likely will bother you. If you plan on staying in your home forever, well, then it wouldn't pertain to you one bit lol
That's true of the native Coloradans as well.   They don't like that the city of Denver went from basically little cow-town, to sprawling metropolis with people coming in droves and Cost of Living spikes.   If you see a bumper sticker with the Colorado license plate and the words "NATIVE" - those are the types of people that don't like newcomers. 

I do understand that if we were to ever sell and have to buy again, we'd have to buy at inflated prices as well.  It is kind of a weird dynamic though, because right now the most action (bidding wars, etc.) are on the "entry level" homes that are not condos, but also not McMansions.   Those 2 items still have seen their prices rise dramatically, but not as much as the entry/mid-level housing (starter SFH homes, basically).   

Additionally, me "not being mad" is partly because when we first bought we were just hoping to "not lose as much" as we would renting.  We were renting a 2bed/1bath condo for $1100 for about 3.5 years until the owner's told us "we are selling" one random day.  So we had to scramble to find a place, which was difficult as hell.  We ended up finding a house to rent, for $1650 + $100 dog fee.   After that lease was coming to an end with no chance at renewal, we started looking for houses to buy.  Now our mortgage is $100+ cheaper, and while a ton of the payment still goes to Interest... we're paying down principal while gaining equity.  So even with the 6% selling fee when we do sell, we should still come out ahead by quite a bit (versus renting).

What the hell are yall talking about in here?

We're discussing the reason why some of us are #TeamRetail. Cause we too damn broke living out here in the Bay Area :lol:

I am team retail because that's what I pay for CB and TW 1.0's and it does not make sense to pay more for something I consider inferior. But I am tempted to break the bank to get a pair of creams.

Property value goes up as soon as execs, hipsters, and those from the LGBTQ community move in. They really go up once a Whole Foods is built.

[emoji]128514[/emoji]. Whole Foods is in dtla now and there's a bunch of barefoot dog walkers since. They've pushed skid row to many other blocks to make room for the high rises and developments.

It ain't cheap to invest in keeping these historival buildings down here but the money is pouring in.

USC is in talks to get a Trader Joe's at the newly built village. When that happens....a lot of people will be forced out. Even though TJs is quite affordable in comparison to wf

Just came back from vacay from Miami/Orlando -- and it feels so good to be back in the Bay Area after nearly 2 weeks. Even though we currently have rain, we're so spoiled with our weather here :wink:

I didn't see very many people out in Miami/Orlando wearing boost... it was all pretty much J's (shout out to the dude wearing Fragment 1s to the Youth Fair in Miami though). I on the other hand brought my CB 1.0's and OG NMD's to rock out there :D

Careful with the real estate talk guys.. mods will be in this bish quick (ala no burger talk) 

Keeping us back on track. This is the second pair I've paid resell for. Wasn't worth my time to try and hunt these down since I missed the drop on vacation.

Leather cage. Suede and leather liner to boot

View media item 2407589

Last edited:
let them lock this thread. itd be a blessing in disguise :lol:

mi adidas came in 2 days early :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom