ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i don't think you know how consignment works..the shop decides what they are willing to sell and for what price...

Really now?, I've consignment with the shop and other shops before, You are the one who sets the price and they are the one that agrees whether or not it is reasonable and a lot of times reject higher prices and tries to price 10% below what other consignment shops are pricing.

You both are right/wrong. Many "consignment" stores do both consignment and retail. Sometimes they will work with a customer to price a shoe and take a consignment fee off the sale. In this case they may have several of the same shoe/size at various consignment prices that the customers are willing to accept. If a shoe sells the next available pair of the same size is the next available price and that can fluctuate wildly.

Other times a store will buy a shoe off someone outright (sometimes at retail or less or perhaps at resell but lower than market value) and sell it at a price they feel they can get and possibly dictate the market depending on availability at other consignment stores. In this case they are reselling on top of resell. This is more or less like buying a shoe at "wholesale" and pricing at what they feel is a reasonable "retail" price except we have shifted two rungs down the ladder from manufacturer (adidas) and retailer (consortium store or whoever has the adidas account). They will usually sell each pair at an average of X to make an average margin of Y so the price remains consistent if they have multiple pairs of the same size.

In this case there is no big jump in next price because the store owns the inventory whereas in consignment transaction, they only are charging a service fee.

This is the same business model as used car dealerships btw. Sometimes consignment makes better business sense and other times it makes sense to have ownership of inventory. Depends on the products rarity and demand

Y'all are too vested in telling people how to run their business. Supply and demand. Just because you don't want to pay that much resale, does not mean someone else does not either.

Don't like it? Don't support it then. Simple as that.

IMG_4271.JPG
Who's copping?
very interesting that they used the XR1 midsole. Looks good tho

You're fine if it says unfulfilled, that's what it'll say until it ships.

Thanks. Wondering about the payment status. I got order confirmed and email, but I know my Chase emailed about fraud detection. OOS before I could go back and re-order. Hopefully they still ship.

*Edit - I confirmed the purchase via text instantly, but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom