ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So far for me the most comfortable have been the 3.0, 4.0, & the newer uncaged versions

So the Ultra Boosts have been the recent equivalent of 2006 era AF1s and 2011 era Foamposites. What'll be next in terms of hyped up sneakers?

Besides that - I think the best feeling boost shoe for casual use is the first iteration of the Pureboost. I also had the first Ultraboost with the purple cage but stayed away from that shoe after so many people flocked onto it and getting it became a hassle. Might be time to look into them again.

I'm probably gonna make some folks very defensive here (or just really annoy them), but my opinion is that AF1's, foams -- well, any Nike shoe, frankly -- aren't even in the ball park of PB's or UB's for comfort. Looks are a separate issue, but you give me 12 hrs on my feet, and PB's or UB's are gonna be the top 50 of my personal pears of shoes for the job.

For real though. If only it was like this during the days of the Solebox 1.0, Hypebeast, Highsnobs, Wood Woods, or SNS pairs. :rolleyes
Past few boost collab are actually absolutely killed it. Imo. Kith mid easily outdid the Haven. These AMM UB is nearly as nice as the Solebox UB. Thr Bait EQT and AMM Nmd are just unique. Its just that the boost hype died out and Nov/Dec yeezy, OW releases took all the attention and wallets.

Haha, I never argued with that, in terms of comfort I'd probably rank my Pureboosts as my number one shoe EVER. I even wore those after I had an operation on my toes for recovery and they worked great. I just compared Ultraboosts to AF1s and Foamposites in terms of hype and buzz. That's undeniable. Otherwise they are incomparable for sure.

Got my Amms from proper...
Shipped like this.
20171219_231422.jpg

They been hopscotching or something In store... am I SOL? Is it even worth it to complain as it's the bottom of the shoe?

I think the hype was driven a lot by availability. There’s just so many out there now, & they’ve ramped up production. I’ve got several CW’s of each, so I’m much pickier now.

eqt athleisure are probably more comfortable than any UB i've tried.

The cushioning is for sure. The upper around the ankle just doesn’t work for me unfortunately. I think the Baits would be great for me because they don’t have the burrito tongue.

probably a futurecraft sneaker will be adidas next hyped sneaker. pic below is gonna be more hyped than the new NMD models thanks to yeezy:rofl:

http%3A%2F%2Fbae.hypebeast.com%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F12%2Fadidas-yeezy-desert-rat-500-wave-runner-700-lookalike-1.jpg

I think the hype was a synergetic effect between Kanye wearing them that time at his concert PLUS actual product quality.
kanye-west-rocks-the-new-adidas-ultra-boost-triple-white-during-bbma-performance-1.jpg

The first time the Ultraboosts released with Adidas' slogan of them being the greatest running shoes ever hypebeasts ridiculed them for their shape and the boost looking like styrofoam. Then Kanye wears them - they got to have them too.

Got my Amms from proper...
Shipped like this.
20171219_231422.jpg

They been hopscotching or something In store... am I SOL? Is it even worth it to complain as it's the bottom of the shoe?

Yikes! You definitely should've made a 'no-clone-wars-experience' stipulation on the purchase.

I think the hype was a synergetic effect between Kanye wearing them that time at his concert PLUS actual product quality.
kanye-west-rocks-the-new-adidas-ultra-boost-triple-white-during-bbma-performance-1.jpg

The first time the Ultraboosts released with Adidas' slogan of them being the greatest running shoes ever hypebeasts ridiculed them for their shape and the boost looking like styrofoam. Then Kanye wears them - they got to have them too.
That's how hype is. People bought trainers because yeezy wore em. then they bought racers because of the trainer hype. same thing happened with UB then NMDs.

I think both are great shoes (Ultraboost and Flyknit Trainers), so I'm glad that's dying down. NMDs were terrible from the beginning for me, I'd rather have a real rising star retro instead of an inspired new mesh/knit silhouette.
If people are really into late 90s retro runners now I hope they bring back a couple of feet you wear runners. Kanyes newer Yeezy models look a lot like them.

Yikes! You definitely should've made a 'no-clone-wars-experience' stipulation on the purchase.
lol now i can't unsee a stormtrooper rocking these with that star wars reference haha

yeah just sent an email, probably going to get an ignore, sucks that this purchase has had it's own journey (cancelled after a week pending on A-ma-maniere) originally gonna be shipped to Boston for $ 212, but since i'm originally from LA, I shipped the pair home while i'm on holiday so had to pay tax so it came out to 233 shipped and get the dirty sole.

So the Ultra Boosts have been the recent equivalent of 2006 era AF1s and 2011 era Foamposites. What'll be next in terms of hyped up sneakers?

Besides that - I think the best feeling boost shoe for casual use is the first iteration of the Pureboost. I also had the first Ultraboost with the purple cage but stayed away from that shoe after so many people flocked onto it and getting it became a hassle. Might be time to look into them again.

My dad is a big fan of the OG Pureboost. I love the super squishy boost they have, but they have no support at all for a whole day's wear, so UB is my go to walking shoe >D

Yeah you’re right... It’s fair, but I was hoping for that under retail come up lol. These things keep tempting me damnit. An under retail would help swing me to hit that PayPal button. :wink:

some sites like suede gives u 10% off your 1st purchase if u sign up to their mailing list. should put it under retail?

Said I was done with UBs but I had to pick up those collab samples, they're too strong

Up on Hanon, Footpatrol and a bunch of euro sites

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom