ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They haven’t switched up the midsole on any UB so far, even on the uncaged, mids, etc.

I highly doubt it’s truly the 5.0, more likely a UB variant of some sort.

Maybe not visibly but from 1.0-4.0 I felt a difference in the boost.

But that’s why I said maybe an ST...

Maybe not visibly but from 1.0-4.0 I felt a difference in the boost.

But that’s why I said maybe an ST...

Yeah they’ve slightly tweaked boost across the board, still the same mold tho.

Could be an ST, I think it’s probly something new.

Maybe they'll change the Boost to the fishscale looking ones on the EQTs, was surprised to see them on the Inikis while at footlocker yesterday, wonder if they'll make it the standard from now on. But those can't be the 5.0s, would be cool as a stand alone model though.

Maybe they'll change the Boost to the fishscale looking ones on the EQTs, was surprised to see them on the Inikis while at footlocker yesterday, wonder if they'll make it the standard from now on. But those can't be the 5.0s, would be cool as a stand alone model though.

Adidas just summarily canceled their most popular basketball model. So a reboot on the UB's like this wouldn't surprise me at all.

The Crazy Explosive does not move nearly as many units as the Ultra Boost. The Ultra Boost has enough of a following to continue. There are plenty of nurses and handymen out there who just want a comfortable shoe.

The Crazy Explosive does not move nearly as many units as the Ultra Boost. The Ultra Boost has enough of a following to continue. There are plenty of nurses and handymen out there who just want a comfortable shoe.

Absolutely .

Nobody was saying the two models are equal in popularity or that the model is getting discontinued all together. But the hype for UB’s is waning and it’s time to inject some new life into a stale silhouette.

Absolutely .

Nobody was saying the two models are equal in popularity or that the model is getting discontinued all together. But the hype for UB’s is waning and it’s time to inject some new life into a stale silhouette.
The hype is dying among the sneakerhesd community. However, boost has become a sort of stable for people who simply want a comfortable shoe. Think about the 55 year old man whose son bought him a pair of 1.0's. When he shops for a new pair of shoes and he sees the 4.0's on the shelf discounted at $130, he's going for the safe bet. He's not going to go try something new.

The hype is dying among the sneakerhesd community. However, boost has become a sort of stable for people who simply want a comfortable shoe. Think about the 55 year old man whose son bought him a pair of 1.0's. When he shops for a new pair of shoes and he sees the 4.0's on the shelf discounted at $130, he's going for the safe bet. He's not going to go try something new.

Maybe it’s a regional thing, but adidas have definitely gotten more prevalent but I don’t necessarily think boost has. I can’t even count how many times I’ve had to do Double takes thinking someone was wearing an ultra boost or an nmd only to realize it’s one of those foam soled “Swift” models. I see those way more often than I see boost

Maybe it’s a regional thing, but adidas have definitely gotten more prevalent but I don’t necessarily think boost has. I can’t even count how many times I’ve had to do Double takes thinking someone was wearing an ultra boost or an nmd only to realize it’s one of those foam soled “Swift” models. I see those way more often than I see boost
I said this in the Thread About Nothing. A lot of the dudes I saw wearing the Tubular Shadows have a hot woman. :lol:

Said 55 yr old is going back to New Balances on clearance unless his son cops him another pair.

If he tries on some heavily discounted Roshe's or Monarchs those will be more appealing than a lightly discounted UB.

Relax :lol:

Said 55 yr old is going back to New Balances on clearance unless his son cops him another pair.

If he tries on some heavily discounted Roshe's or Monarchs those will be more appealing than a lightly discounted UB.

Relax :lol:

Well more likely his son is going to get another pair for him. Even at a discount Adidas is making bank, enough to continue making these.

Adidas just summarily canceled their most popular basketball model. So a reboot on the UB's like this wouldn't surprise me at all.

Wait, really? That line is cancelled? Crazy Explosive Low is by far my favorite hoop shoe in my rotation.

Wait, really? That line is cancelled? Crazy Explosive Low is by far my favorite hoop shoe in my rotation.

Word seems to be that they replaced CE's with the Pro Bounce/Explosive Bounce.

CE's came out every year around this time and there's no mention of them yet and Adidas marketing has already mentioned Pro Bounce/ Explosive Bounce PE's for Wiggins, Levine, Embiid, Mitchell and Ingram. The Embiids are sick, but bounce is a complete non-starter for me. I'm not paying for that.

Agree on the lows... the '16's were perfection.

You're reaching with the hypothetical now.

UB's are dope. It's just time for an update. This may or may not be it.
Well I don't know what the next model will look like. I do know that boost is going to be around for a while and is going to be recognizable. Roshes fell off way harder than Ultra Boosts and they are still producing them.

Well I don't know what the next model will look like. I do know that boost is going to be around for a while and is going to be recognizable.

Adidas doesn't even own Boost tech. It'll only be around as long as BASF continues to allow adidas to license the Boost technology.

If they pull out, Adidas is SOL.

Adidas doesn't even own Boost tech. It'll only be around as long as BASF continues to allow adidas to license the Boost technology.

If they pull out, Adidas is SOL.
I couldn't think of any reason for them to turn down free money. Maybe if there is another party offering more.

I couldn't think of any reason for them to turn down free money. Maybe if there is another party offering more.

BASF is a $64B company with their hands in so many sectors that a deal with Adidas is of little consequence to them.

It wouldn't be unprecedented for BASF to pull out of their deal with Adidas. They already did it to Puma... If you haven't already seen this, it's pretty interesting: http://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/a...-compound-central-to-their-most-popular-shoes

BASF is a $64B company with their hands in so many sectors that a deal with Adidas is of little consequence to them.

It wouldn't be unprecedented for BASF to pull out of their deal with Adidas. They already did it to Puma... If you haven't already seen this, it's pretty interesting: http://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/a...-compound-central-to-their-most-popular-shoes
They cut ties with Puma to go with a company that has more upside, Adidas. Who are they going to dump Adidas for, Nike? I wouldn't mind seeing some Nike with Boost.

They cut ties with Puma to go with a company that has more upside, Adidas. Who are they going to dump Adidas for, Nike? I wouldn't mind seeing some Nike with Boost.

They do so much more business outside of the apparel space that if they canceled Adidas they wouldn’t necessarily have to look for another apparel company to work with. Nike will never have boost lol. If anything Nike would work with them to create a boost derivative.

Back
Top Bottom