ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just checked my OG and Nubuck cages from boost week via adidas store, no quality issues. Cages line up perfectly with the 1.0 knit patterns. As for the banana shape... never heard of a UB fan being bothered by this especially with the shoe not being on-foot. Just don’t follow how that is meaningful. They should all be curved off-foot.

A lot of first timers.

2121C34A-A87B-4633-B4C1-D57BAB275CE5.jpeg

Just inspected one of my pairs :emoji_dizzy_face:

Left foot shoe:
—cages super uneven (prob 8mm off, will need caliper verification later, not srs)
—toe piece from outsole not centered with the upper knit.

Looks like the upper is actually twisted which would cause both issues.

Just checked my OG and Nubuck cages from boost week via adidas store, no quality issues. Cages line up perfectly with the 1.0 knit patterns. As for the banana shape... never heard of a UB fan being bothered by this especially with the shoe not being on-foot. Just don’t follow how that is meaningful. They should all be curved off-foot.

The tighter knit of the 1.0s would cause them to pull more, creating the “banana” shape off foot. That “problem” is immediately resolved by wearing the shoe.

I don't see where the problem is. Can you circle it in the photos?
Sorry I can't seem to pick it up that well, it's a lot more noticeable in hand. The upper on the inside of the shoe is caved in due to the cage being stitched only a little bit higher, as you can see in my first post. Here's some better pictures. Also, holy **** I didn't even see this until looking better at the upper. They aren't even close to matching. Just looks bad for a shoe I've been wanting for years. C'mon adidas.

Attachments

• IMG_4242.JPG
    IMG_4242.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4246.JPG
    IMG_4246.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4247.JPG
    IMG_4247.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 52
2121C34A-A87B-4633-B4C1-D57BAB275CE5.jpeg

Just inspected one of my pairs :emoji_dizzy_face:

Left foot shoe:
—cages super uneven (prob 8mm off, will need caliper verification later, not srs)
—toe piece from outsole not centered with the upper knit.

Looks like the upper is actually twisted which would cause both issues.

does it still look funny when you put the shoe on?

:lol: Hey, I get it. These aren’t handmade in Italy. Temper my expectations. The attachment of the upper to the midsole/outsole is still off enough that I notice it. On foot, I can feel that the upper is skewed laterally and forward. The inner reinforced toe cap bulges outwards some too which doesn’t help.

I’ll try to take my NT lashings in stride though. This won’t bother 99% of people. Thanks and have a great weekend NT.

AD94081B-5C71-4E2E-80C8-BCAF6E4C0915.jpeg
046EAB8F-AD81-4CDE-BB4D-BCBA9FC0D49C.jpeg

Sorry I can't seem to pick it up that well, it's a lot more noticeable in hand. The upper on the inside of the shoe is caved in due to the cage being stitched only a little bit higher, as you can see in my first post. Here's some better pictures. Also, holy **** I didn't even see this until looking better at the upper. They aren't even close to matching. Just looks bad for a shoe I've been wanting for years. C'mon adidas.

This is why I recommend grabbing more than one pear, to mix and match and return/sell the one you don't want.

Keep in mind that someone will eventually get that pear you didn't want, and probably complain on NT about it. :lol:

To match two shoes across the same production line is relatively easy. To match two pears across three years of separation is almost damn near impossible. Look how long it took Nike to finally get the AM1 shape perfect (my opinion of course). 30 years!

Watch this video, especially after 1:15. Stitching and QC is still all done by hand/humans. Across three years of production separation, there will be obvious differences.

I’ll try to take my NT lashings in stride though. This won’t bother 99% of people. Thanks and have a great weekend NT.

ok I'll give u a pass. that left shoe is F***ed

Sorry I can't seem to pick it up that well, it's a lot more noticeable in hand.

I'll also give you a pass, that right shoe looks really weird. it would bug me out also....

the comments about banana shape though..... guys/gals, it goes away when u wear it. It looks trash sitting on a shelf banana style, but on feet it'll be gravy.

OGs just got in from APB same sizing as the OG OGs for me. Only thing different is the banana shape which isn't noticeable when you put them on.

:lol: Hey, I get it. These aren’t handmade in Italy. Temper my expectations. The attachment of the upper to the midsole/outsole is still off enough that I notice it. On foot, I can feel that the upper is skewed laterally and forward. The inner reinforced toe cap bulges outwards some too which doesn’t help.

AD94081B-5C71-4E2E-80C8-BCAF6E4C0915.jpeg
046EAB8F-AD81-4CDE-BB4D-BCBA9FC0D49C.jpeg

That’s annoying you’re right.

Adidas’s toebox area game is getting really sloppy in all their shoes.

Back
Top Bottom