ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2019's claim to have 20% more boost than the original model. Definitely look forward to trying them on although it may not feel noticeable. Not too excited about the silhouette but honestly UB's are all about the comfort anyway. We might be looking face to face with the "new OG's" that will first go on sale and then years later beg for adidas to re-release them :lol:

I'm trying to find my post from 2 years ago where I said Adidas would do 3 or 4 iterations of UBs then pivot to something else and the something else would be trash.

This doesn't surprise me. Adidas has been making bad choices long before this UB 19

EDIT:
Some gems from 02.25.16:
They may not be a mom and pop shop but they care about profits just the same as them.

I believe at the end of the day there will be more NMD colorways than their will be of UBs.

They already set the pricepoint $10 cheaper than UBs. So I am assuming NMDs are cheaper to make since they are not catered to runners.
Which is my point exactly.

UBs was just the start of the hype. Something that happened on accident. Test the market with NMDs that is more for lifestyle. Has a good response, start a GR release.

If UBs are here to stay, they won't be the same as they are now.
Is there an official GR for UBs? How about a potential black soled UB? I know Adidas admitted to seeing people customize their UBs to have black soles, why didn't they give us a black sole UB sample? I do see an NMD triple black sample.

If NMDs continue the hype that UBs helped create, I really don't see the UB silhouette being here for 2-3 more waves. If anything, they'll come out with a UB cousin again.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 7.46.45 PM.png
I'm already turning.

Black and blue colorway please. Minimal to no white/grey. Kthxbye.

20% more boost sounds great, but the cage on the 2019s are just so bad.

for those that have the 4Ds, is it really THAT much more comfortable than UBs?

If the make those 2019's in triple black without grey stripes or something stupid, I'm down. Solid Black, don't mess it up. It's simple Adidas.

20% more boost sounds great, but the cage on the 2019s are just so bad.

for those that have the 4Ds, is it really THAT much more comfortable than UBs?
Nah bro don't believe that. It's more stable but after a long period of time they're not as comfy. I was actually wearing mine the other and went into an adidas store and tried on the OG Energy Boost and instantly my feet felt way more comfort.

I know most in here think he's a troll. He's asked me questions that had me scratch my head before as well.

The question you responded to has me convinced though.

I think he's just a little challenged, that's all.

Where’s the stripes on the 1.0? Where’s the stripes on the 2.0? There’s already 3 stripes on the logo on the side. WHY would they need to add stripes to the entire knit for “brand awareness!?” The three stripes and BOOST speak for themselves. It’s just lazy design work to stripe the entire upper.

Where’s the stripes on the 1.0? Where’s the stripes on the 2.0? There’s already 3 stripes on the logo on the side. WHY would they need to add stripes to the entire knit for “brand awareness!?” The three stripes and BOOST speak for themselves. It’s just lazy design work to stripe the entire upper.
Oh ****, you meant the stripes on the upper :rofl: my bad

I agree about *those* stripes. If it had a solid upper and no cage or something better there the 19s wouldn't be too bad.
Something in the direction of solarBOOST, really love what they did with those.

I mean there's a reason they called them the 19s not the 5.0s right? There has to be a new 5.0 knit redesign in 2019 tbh these new 2019s are freaking terrible looking

agree with what others said, the cage on the UB 2019 is hideous in all photos I've seen. Maybe I will like them slightly more in person..., unless they feel massively better on foot than UB in its current forms (uncaged or caged) thought, not sure I'd wear them much

Like the upper, heel, and midsole bar the cage though, look comfy on foot

Back
Top Bottom