ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi, for the Ultra Boost Clima would you suggest tts or .5 down ? Thanks :smile:

TTS. There's more room in the toebox area with the Climas, so it's possible to half size down, but your toes might touch the inside-toe guards which is not a comfortable feeling.

Damn, Adidas really dropped the ball with Boost hype. Keep in mind, this includes the time BEFORE CV essentially disrupted most businesses in some way.

8FEF1525-6B39-486F-B1AC-D5131BB4484B.png

you forget most brands were closed in china from jan/feb so CV would have had a major impact on the majority of this quarter. agree adi sales would probably have been down anyway yoy barring CV, but who knows how much otherwise

Damn, Adidas really dropped the ball with Boost hype. Keep in mind, this includes the time BEFORE CV essentially disrupted most businesses in some way.

8FEF1525-6B39-486F-B1AC-D5131BB4484B.png

you forget most brands were closed in china from jan/feb so CV would have had a major impact on the majority of this quarter. agree adi sales would probably have been down anyway yoy barring CV, but who knows how much otherwise

This right here. Their operations in Europe and Asia took a big hit early on and US didn't experience much until mid-March. So the decline isn't exactly "BEFORE CV" like you mentioned staffsgtdignam staffsgtdignam .

This right here. Their operations in Europe and Asia took a big hit early on and US didn't experience much until mid-March. So the decline isn't exactly "BEFORE CV" like you mentioned staffsgtdignam staffsgtdignam .

93% though? I thought Adidas had moved a lot of sales to e-commerce? (I.e. they consolidated a lot of Adidas stores)

Probably explains why they wanted to remain open.

good job Wex. That Beyoncé capsule really took off.

Honestly, it’s hilarious that Wex is now eating humble pie.

This.

My guess is that maybe Adidas was trying to push down NMDs and UBs to casual consumers the way Nike did with the Roshe. However, NMDs and UBs are priced a lot higher than Roshes so that strategy likely alienated both sneakerheads and casual consumers. Also, Adidas was already selling Stan Smith, Superstars, etc. etc. to casual customers so I don’t think there was much more market to be gained here.

One thing about pushing NMD's is that it didn't push the comfort of boost.

If you get a pair of NMD's they're a pair of normal kicks comfort wise. Nothing special. If you get NMD's after you've heard how comfortable boost is, are you going to spend another $200 on a pair of ultraboost? That isn't really boost, you need to get this pair of boost kicks to find out how comfortable it really is. The casual person isn't going to do that. The next time you're going to go buy a pair of kicks it's going to be a pair of 270's, 90's, 97's...

They’ve historically recruited celebrities of high notoriety. Recent past when they started Adidas Neo line when Bieber and Selena Gomez were at their peak popularity.

Haven’t they figured out star power doesn’t equal success? Now they are running a Jonah Hill led project which Is abysmal.

get creative designers that are actually relate to the consumers you’re targeting. not just any celebrity who is trending on twitter.

anyone else but me feel like a lot of the collabs they’re doing just feels so bland with the celebrities? like when it comes to nike, they have a full on story and all that but with adidas, just feels like there’s no energy behind it.
felt like that plus over saturation of boost have just strayed me away from feeling excited to cop anything from them lately.
brief moment when i was excited for 4D but of course the execution of that went terribly wrong

anyone else but me feel like a lot of the collabs they’re doing just feels so bland with the celebrities? like when it comes to nike, they have a full on story and all that but with adidas, just feels like there’s no energy behind it.
felt like that plus over saturation of boost have just strayed me away from feeling excited to cop anything from them lately.
brief moment when i was excited for 4D but of course the execution of that went terribly wrong
Not only are the collabs bland, their holiday and themed stuff is just as lazy. Those Disney and Star Wars collabs were laughable.

They’ve historically recruited celebrities of high notoriety. Recent past when they started Adidas Neo line when Bieber and Selena Gomez were at their peak popularity.

Haven’t they figured out star power doesn’t equal success? Now they are running a Jonah Hill led project which Is abysmal.

get creative designers that are actually relate to the consumers you’re targeting. not just any celebrity who is trending on twitter.

:lol: Who is checking for a Jonah Hill collab though????

I’ve been exclusively Adidas for a good decade up until 2018 when their direction started going stagnant the turned for the worse.

Even their Adidas Originals aren’t that appealing anymore.

nonetheless, I hope they turn it around. they Just need a complete overhaul at this point.

Not only are the collabs bland, their holiday and themed stuff is just as lazy. Those Disney and Star Wars collabs were laughable.
They really were. I bought the Yoda NMDs but they aren't that great in person. They could've done so much more without much effort.

And those Mickeys were gross.

They don't seem to know their audience.

One thing about pushing NMD's is that it didn't push the comfort of boost.

If you get a pair of NMD's they're a pair of normal kicks comfort wise. Nothing special. If you get NMD's after you've heard how comfortable boost is, are you going to spend another $200 on a pair of ultraboost? That isn't really boost, you need to get this pair of boost kicks to find out how comfortable it really is. The casual person isn't going to do that. The next time you're going to go buy a pair of kicks it's going to be a pair of 270's, 90's, 97's...

Yeah I agree, NMDs were always about aesthetics 1st. UBs, while not the most aesthetically pleasing shoes, are extremely comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom