ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got a refund for the y3 pure boost I ordered from LN-CC using paypal last Tuesday. @donko did you use paypal for the pair they cancelled on you? Did anyone who paid with paypal during last week's ln-cc restock actually have their order shipped? I got the order that I paid with cc.

Yea paid with PP and received it on Friday

Do you have a link to an official adidas source that can confirm this?
I agree with Tank and my source is my brain.  According to Adidas there are over 3000 boost pellets in an UB, so applying some paint to one side of a few dozen pellets isn't going to magically change the whole midsole.  

Last edited:

I agree with Tank and my source is my brain.  According to Adidas there are thousands of boost pellets in an UB, so applying some paint to one side of a few dozen pellets isn't going to magically change the whole midsole.  
Well that makes sense I guess. But some of the paint could seep through? Who knows? Just saying it's good to know for sure.

Last edited:
True, and it's more like a small correction because people like me have ocd and can't stand yellowing if you payed on 180€ boost haha. Trying to save my emotions

Last edited:

it will def yellow over time. how long though depends on how many times you wear them and how you store them. also some pairs seem to yellow right away or quickly meanwhile none of my pairs have yellowed. just had some dirt on one pair and jmark cleaned it right off.
all my pairs are stored in plastic shoe boxes(container store) with silica packets in them 

What shall I do with this reps? Should I uncage them, paint them or murder them with a Nike swoosh? A friend gave me them as a test if aliexpress worked haha. I still want to give them a sort of treatment. View media item 2059941

Just got a refund for the y3 pure boost I ordered from LN-CC using paypal last Tuesday. @donko did you use paypal for the pair they cancelled on you? Did anyone who paid with paypal during last week's ln-cc restock actually have their order shipped? I got the order that I paid with cc.

Yeah, I paid using PayPal and they did cancel my order.

What shall I do with this reps? Should I uncage them, paint them or murder them with a Nike swoosh? A friend gave me them as a test if aliexpress worked haha. I still want to give them a sort of treatment. 
I can't tell from the lighting, are those supposed to be Chalks?

What shall I do with this reps? Should I uncage them, paint them or murder them with a Nike swoosh? A friend gave me them as a test if aliexpress worked haha. I still want to give them a sort of treatment. 
AKA I ordered reps 
laugh.gif

Out of curiosity, people always talk about the boost properties change. does anyone have a document of what it does?

Does it corrode?

Does it melt?

Is it just less bouncy for sport?

Just simply yellow faster?

Unless you avoid like every puddle and every bit of everything while outdoors eventually the material degrades, so I'm curious as to how sensitive it actually is. 

Last edited:

Out of curiosity, people always talk about the boost properties change. does anyone have a document of what it does?

Does it corrode?

Does it melt?

Unless you avoid like every puddle and every bit of everything while outdoors eventually the material degrades, so I'm curious as to how sensitive it actually is. 
Im not 100% but I think the youtube video posted a few pages back explained it...

EDIT: 4:10 mark is where they said about painting but nothing specific on what it will do.

Last edited:

Does it corrode?

Does it melt?

Bottom line is that Boost is a very very very durable material, if you're just using them casually for walking around or even running in them you'd have to put them through some extreme conditions for a long time before any breakdown in the material itself would start to occur. That being said when it comes to keeping the boost brand spankin' new white (which for some reason everyone expects to do even with daily use) it's really unavoidable that it's going to get dirty and Boost is just a difficult material to clean because of it's properties. It's only when people try to go to the extremes such as using chemicals or rough scrubbing with brushes or magic erasers to revive it that the issues begin to arise. Me personally the only thing I use to thing my Boost is Jason Mark Quick Wipes and they work great. Hope this helps!!

I just want to understand the color issue and material, and why everyone is even freaked out by even the idea of using cleaning materials on it.

The excuse is performance, when you don't sell limited shoes for performance (exhibit A: NMD, All yeezy line shoes, consortium pairs of these, collaborations)

Pigmenting specifically would change "performance" according to the video. Why is it so hard to make a model with color boost. There's already at least  3-4 kinds of boost. Making a non sport one wouldn't hurt anyone, especially because they already make models with boost for fashion over function. 

But its just curiosity. 

Last edited:

I just want to understand the color issue and material, and why everyone is even freaked out by even the idea of using cleaning materials on it.

The excuse is performance, when you don't sell limited shoes for performance (exhibit A: NMD, All yeezy line shoes, consortium pairs of these, collaborations)

Pigmenting specifically would change "performance" according to the video. Why is it so hard to make a model with color boost. There's already at least  3-4 kinds of boost. Making a non sport one wouldn't hurt anyone, especially because they already make models with boost for fashion over function. 

But its just curiosity. 
The excuse isn't performance. The reason people don't want to use harsh cleaning materials on boost is that it strips away the protective layer and makes the boost yellow and discolor faster.

Simply painting already existing boost doesn't change the performance, changing the pigment of the actual boost pellets does though. The process of creating boost is tricky and adding pigment changes the nature of the pellets.

Back
Top Bottom