ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Could be but that would then add a whole lotta material to the boost. not sure if it would affect it since the boost is so malleable.
It essentially would mean that whatever is coated on the boost itself (in this case, the black paint) would then in turn (chemically) become more elastic to further prevent cracking.  If the process is similar, it would only be a nominal addition (as opposed to a full on thick layer of additional coated material)  Purely conjecture though, for all I know it could be completely different what they're doing.    

But I'm real curious if they've finally managed to figure out a (somewhat) sustainable coating with these upcoming uncaged models. 

Last edited:
Thanks @shew  

Getting the cage off is easy as long as your blade is sharp. I used a regular box cutter, took about 15 minutes to cut them all off.

Lacing them is a b i t c h tho

It essentially would mean that whatever is coated on the boost itself would then in turn (chemically) become more elastic to further prevent cracking.  If the process is similar, it would only be a nominal addition (as opposed to a full on thick layer of additional coated material)  Purely conjecture though, for all I know it could be completely different what they're doing.    

But I'm real curious if they've finally managed to figure out a (somewhat) sustainable coating with these upcoming uncaged models. 
that could be a possibility, but then would that justify them to have these retail at $190 or even $200? Hopefully not the case because even $180 is a bit debatable.

Don't think I am gonna attempt this weekend to cop the red or black boosts. Not that curious to invest time/effort to seeing what the black boost is all about quite yet.

Hopefully a friendly NTer will provide more feedback if they cop.

Thanks @shew  

Getting the cage off is easy as long as your blade is sharp. I used a regular box cutter, took about 15 minutes to cut them all off.

Lacing them is a b i t c h tho
I figured, that's the only reason I don't want to do it, because of the lacing.

that could be a possibility, but then would that justify them to have these retail at $190 or even $200? Hopefully not the case because even $180 is a bit debatable.
Indeed. Especially since nothing is being altered on boost of the triple white UC, yet the LTD price point would still be on par with the other two.  

No idea on release date & I paid a crapload for them

Nice pickup but seems crazy that you paid resale on a pair that will definitely be dropping very soon? I've contemplated picking up a pair for resale but I'd rather try my luck at retail or look for some better deals.

Last edited:

No idea on release date & I paid a crapload for them
Nice pickup but seems crazy that you paid resale on a pair that will definitely be dropping very soon? I've contemplated picking up a pair for resale but I'd rather try my luck at retail or look for some better deals.
There's nothing definite about these dropping at all, let alone very soon. There are samples of these floating around with gradient pattern instead of OG knit, the soonest they'd be releasing is Sept. but I was just told that they now weren't dropping until December and there's still no definitive word on og knit vs gradient.

Could be BS & Sept might be the time, but I just said f it and copped them. Worst case scenario they drop in a few months and I double up at retail or possibly even less. Moved a couple things to justify the cost.

There's nothing definite about these dropping at all, let alone very soon. There are samples of these floating around with gradient pattern instead of OG knit, the soonest they'd be releasing is Sept. but I was just told that they now weren't dropping until December and there's still no definitive word on og knit vs gradient.

Could be BS & Sept might be the time, but I just said f it and copped them. Worst case scenario they drop in a few months and I double up at retail or possibly even less. Moved a couple things to justify the cost.
December is in line with what I've been hearing for real colored boost to drop

Decided today that I'm going to unload all my NMDs. Was looking at them today and realized I don't even wear them and I just fell victim to the hype :smh:

Decided today that I'm going to unload all my NMDs. Was looking at them today and realized I don't even wear them and I just fell victim to the hype
mean.gif
You probably did what I did and compared them to your UBs. Fatal mistake for me.

But no worries, there's a huge audience for them, moreso than UBs quite surprisingly.

Still have a couple pairs but I might follow suit.

Well done on the TBs sir! They look great... you must've gotten real crafty to get your hands on those haha. Boost looks pretty nice and matte too!

So now that you have em after so long... are they as dope as everyone's hoping they are?

You probably did what I did and compared them to your UBs. Fatal mistake for me.

But no worries, there's a huge audience for them, moreso than UBs quite surprisingly.

Still have a couple pairs but I might follow suit.

I was just staring at my pairs on foot and realizing I don't really like the silhouette itself nearly as much as I thought I did hahah

Anyone switch out the laces on their uncaged pairs? After a couple of weeks they've gotten annoying. I think they're way too long and stiff for this shoe. Removed them entirely and wore it like that for the day.

Back
Top Bottom