ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm probably gonna catch some flak for saying this, but that's because the OG Whites just look better on feet than the OG Purples.

The OG Whites just look more stylish or fit in better with streetwear than the OG purps.

If you gave me a choice between the two, and I had no prior knowledge about which pair is worth more, I'd pick the OG White 100% of the time. 

Don't get me wrong, they both look good, but I honestly think people hype up the OG purps because it's the original UB. 

Agree with you.

Remember last month when all those UBs dropped on ADC on the same day? Like a lot of people I got stuck in the payment loop, got errors when trying to use pp and all that. Well today I found some ATB 3.0s sitting at one of my alternate addresses. Never got an email from adidas, never got a pp email, never got tracking info. Never even got a charge or authorization hold on any of my cards. Today a pending payment did show up on my pp acct which has a zero balance, nothing on any card yet tho. Crazy.

Wow I just got my first pair of the EQT 93/17 and these are by far the most comfortable shoe I've ever put on. Can't wait for all the new colorways to drop

(not sure if you're being sarcastic, but if not)

Surprisingly, it didn't take off when he wore the OGs, which I was afraid of.  When I saw the picture, I cringed because I thought UBs were taking off.

Started to go down hill when Kanye wore these ...

from then on, things just weren't the same.
Werent the same because its not good anymore or the hype got crazy?
Hype got crazy. AWs were the first pair that people lined up for and were gone after the store opened. Not that PBs are the same, but I was buying Pure Boosts for $50 with military discount and Kanye was wearing those before UBs as well. The Camo 1s I passed on at $50 and they were marked down about a month after the release at some Houston area FTLs and people couldn't have cared less about Boost. OGs sat at stores for a really long time and you'd be lucky to see 20 posts a day in this thread. Hell, my buddy's FTL in Baybrook Mall (SE Houston) were given Pure Boost for free to wear in the beginning. I'm sure other stores/employees got them for free, too.

If I remember correctly (someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong) but Kanye is wearing the J & D white UBs or the Energy Boost ESMs in the pic above, but the white 1.0s dropped shortly after.

(not sure if you're being sarcastic, but if not)

Surprisingly, it didn't take off when he wore the OGs, which I was afraid of.  When I saw the picture, I cringed because I thought UBs were taking off.

Started to go down hill when Kanye wore these ...

from then on, things just weren't the same.
I'm probably gonna catch some flak for saying this, but that's because the OG Whites just look better on feet than the OG Purples.

The OG Whites just look more stylish or fit in better with streetwear than the OG purps.

If you gave me a choice between the two, and I had no prior knowledge about which pair is worth more, I'd pick the OG White 100% of the time. 

Don't get me wrong, they both look good, but I honestly think people hype up the OG purps because it's the original UB. 
Think it has more to do with people are suckers for all red and all white shoes. That and Turtle Doves released around the same timeframe, too. Personally, I prefer the OGs, but that's me. Would be a no brainer for me if I had to pick between the two. 

Last edited:
Someone has received the shipping email from Reigning Champ??

.....I still waiting. 
eyes.gif

View media item 2400894
Finally get my black LTD.
This is my first UB that come to my feet, (first time purchasing UB was TB, but they still stuck with my friend)

they are very comfortable as people say. But i think EQT feel "softer" on the heel.

And those leather cage feels so premium!

Surprisingly, they are very snug on the colar and quite hard to put on. Hope they will break as i use them.

And my wide feet feel funny wearing TTS. same as EQT WM, They bulge. Curse you, my wide feet..
Good thing i go .5 up on the Grey LTD.

Last edited:
What else u got ur eye on? Burgundys are a maybe but just dont think they're very versatile.

Anyone else feel kinda funny about having 8+ pairs of the same shoe in different colors? Seems wrong for some reason lol
I've got three pairs at the moment and i think its too much....

Have a royal blue 2.0, and the triple white and core black 3.0s. I want to pick up the miadidas MC in grey but even then, four pairs of the same trainer seems too much IMO

Question for some of the Asics heads in here, how do Gel-Lyte iii's compare to Ultra Boosts generally? Have so many Boost shoes now but feel like diversifying a bit.

Question for some of the Asics heads in here, how do Gel-Lyte iii's compare to Ultra Boosts generally? Have so many Boost shoes now but feel like diversifying a bit.

not as great as as UB but theyre comfortable. I recommend getting them. You can find some decent colorways at Burlington Coat Factory for cheap! They run TTS too

Hype got crazy. AWs were the first pair that people lined up for and were gone after the store opened. Not that PBs are the same, but I was buying Pure Boosts for $50 with military discount and Kanye was wearing those before UBs as well. The Camo 1s I passed on at $50 and they were marked down about a month after the release at some Houston area FTLs and people couldn't have cared less about Boost. OGs sat at stores for a really long time and you'd be lucky to see 20 posts a day in this thread. Hell, my buddy's FTL in Baybrook Mall (SE Houston) were given Pure Boost for free to wear in the beginning. I'm sure other stores/employees got them for free, too.

If I remember correctly (someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong) but Kanye is wearing the J & D white UBs or the Energy Boost ESMs in the pic above, but the white 1.0s dropped shortly after.

Think it has more to do with people are suckers for all red and all white shoes. That and Turtle Doves released around the same timeframe, too. Personally, I prefer the OGs, but that's me. Would be a no brainer for me if I had to pick between the two. 

I actually prefer the OGs compared to the Triple Whites as well. I do remember though when the TWs released though, how much crazy hype there was over them (especially after that Yeezy jumping over Jumpan pic). Someone posted about the colorways starting to become so redundant and I feel that way as well. If you're truly buying pairs to build a collection, then I would only be going after CWs that are genuinely different. I feel that once you have your "basic colorways" covered then it only makes sense to add pairs like burgundy, trace cargo, MCs. etc. but I know there are a ton of die hards as well who basically purchase core blacks or triple whites in 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0.

Last edited:
I woke up with an epiphany that I dont need anymore shoes unless they straight up wow me. Ive gotten out of control wether its getting lucky going manual (2 RCs) or paying resell (Havens) I just need to hold up for a minute. Ive got like 15 UBs and all of them are basically just black or white or grey. I think the only color I have are Kiths, Olive 1.0s, and the Dirty Sprite 2.0s. Not to mention the 3 montone NMDs, and now starting the 93/17s.

I kind of hope this thinking lasts, and I dont just forget about it once lunch time comes around :lol:

Back
Top Bottom