adidas Continues to Dominate the Market Vol. nike hold this kevin hart

Still not able to cop adidas products that I want. Went to get some basic superstars for my girl & they're nowhere to be found on their site nor anywhere in stores. A lot of their products are just unavailable so I'll continue to give nike my cash

Still not able to cop adidas products that I want. Went to get some basic superstars for my girl & they're nowhere to be found on their site nor anywhere in stores. A lot of their products are just unavailable so I'll continue to give nike my cash

This is a real problem. Like jordan retros the bottom will fall out on the ultra boost/yeezy/nmd/wangs when multiple years pass and people that want to spend money on your products cant get access to the products they actually want in your lineup

I don't wear adidas, ***** wack.

They always seemed off brand to me like you cop adidas **** because the Nike was sold out.

The last quality shoe nike put out was the flyknit racer/trainer and that was 4-5 years ago

The "only" thing keeping nike afloat are a few retro j's

Show me a recent shoe thats on par with UB or NMDS not including retros.

The only thing keeping Nike afloat is the athlete.

Nike caters to the athlete and the average joe will not care about hype or whatever but will go to Nike probably for brand loyalty/its familiar. Sneakerheads is a small fraction of both brands.

Last edited:
Explain the last 2-3 years then
Fool explain the last 30 years

Michael Jordan + basketball shoes as THE fashion sneaker up until recently.

And as far as innovation goes, I'm not a fan of that new no-midsole air max design and I still have hands to tie my laces.

Looking at how they have addressed the shape of the AM1, I'll say that adidas emergence is pulling nike in the right direction.

Nike new basketball signature sneakers are either bland or overdesigned. They no longer tell a story. They lack character. And they're much much pricier than the competition for the same amount of comfort (sometimes less).

I appreciate the adidas surge because it's taking attention away from my favorite Nikes/Jordans.
Adidas is doing what under armor was on its way to doing before they showed the public how ugly and non creative their shoes are.

I hope the competition continues so I can keep cleaning up.

Adidas has dope shoes but it's so hard to find the ones I want. So I don't have any at all.

It reminds me of when UA's sales were through the roof. Of course numbers are gonna be crazy when they weren't selling anything for years leading up to it.

I appreciate the adidas surge because it's taking attention away from my favorite Nikes/Jordans.
Adidas is doing what under armor was on its way to doing before they showed the public how ugly and non creative their shoes are.

I hope the competition continues so I can keep cleaning up.

Facts strolled in and grabbed the royal foams no problem

Why are cats acting like adidas is new on the scene though? Talmbout they're doing what UA was poised to do. :lol:

We really gonna sit here and act like they don't have bonafide classics like Superstars, Stan Smiths, Rod Lavers, Gazelles, Sambas, the ZX series, EQT series and on and on in their stable?

I love me some Nike too, but I hope some of you guys are on payroll there. :lol:

Why are cats acting like adidas is new on the scene though? Talmbout they're doing what UA was poised to do.
laugh.gif

We really gonna sit here and act like they don't have bonafide classics like Superstars, Stan Smiths, Rod Lavers, Gazelles, Sambas, the ZX series, EQT series and on and on in their stable?

I love me some Nike too, but I hope some of you guys are on payroll there.
laugh.gif
Superstars,Stan Smiths, Rod Lavers, Gazelles, Sambas?

Those were always for the people couldn't afford Nike's.

Nobody was proud of rocking them 
laugh.gif

Why are cats acting like adidas is new on the scene though? Talmbout they're doing what UA was poised to do. :lol:

I love me some Nike too, but I hope some of you guys are on payroll there. :lol:
Here comes the payroll talk bc others aren't buying the adidas hype. Line is trash always has and always will be

Adidas were always a solid second option, but when I used to buy them they were always uncomfortable. Haven't bought a pair in years. I'd be lying if I said Nike has nothing to worry about though.

if you really think about that question, you'll have your answer...

think about companies like converse, puma (who also has had something of a similar resurgence-but there is less awareness/focus on them), & reebok, they all have gems in their archive/stable but far less attention or awareness of them as having mindshare among consumers with new product...adidas has made some good moves that have people checking for them, and nike has maybe been a little stagnant but generally competition is good for the consumer, the more options (to a point) the better...

Nike good, if they wanted to increase their reseller profile, they can cut da taps whenever they want.

Superstars,Stan Smiths, Rod Lavers, Gazelles, Sambas?

Those were always for the people couldn't afford Nike's.

Nobody was proud of rocking them :lol:  

Get out of here.

Plenty of superstars, ZX, and EQTs have been sold way above retail price years before boost and Kanye made adidas cool to wear in the US.

It might come as a shock to you, but in a lot of places not named USA, Jordans have always been nothing more than a niche product only ball players paid attention to.

No need to get defensive. If you actually put thought into what I wrote then maybe it would make sense.
No, I am not acting like adidas is new to the scene.
Yes, before adidas saw its recent growth, under armor had gained some serious momentum behind the Stephen curry movement. All of the little kids were buying UA stuff and the curry line was doing numbers at retail.
Adidas wasn't doing this at that time. Had UA come correct with its designs while it had the public's attention then there could very well be even more competition for Nike to go along with adidas.
Adidas DID come correct with its new stuff and that's why I said what I said.

Last edited:

Here comes the payroll talk bc others aren't buying the adidas hype. Line is trash always has and always will be

There is no adidas hype though. They've been around for damn near 100 years and have been a staple in stores across the U.S. for decades. You don't last that long because you're a hype brand. :lol:

No need to get defensive. If you actually put thought into what I wrote then maybe it would make sense.
No, I am not acting like adidas is new to the scene.
Yes, before adidas saw its recent growth, under armor had gained some serious momentum behind the Stephen curry movement. All of the little kids were buying UA stuff and the curry line was doing numbers at retail.
Adidas wasn't doing this at that time. Had UA come correct with its designs while it had the public's attention then there could very well be even more competition for Nike to go along with adidas.
Adidas DID come correct with its new stuff and that's why I said what I said.

Not defensive at all, sir. Just pointing out that adidas being on the scene isn't some new thing like it was for UA. They've been in the picture for years, but have always been little brother to Nike. They've simply seen a resurgence thanks to brotha Kanye.

When I was in Germany I don't think I saw anyone wearing Nike shoes casually. But, I saw basically everyone wearing adidas. It was weird to see :lol:
Of course when I ran the Berlin marathon, I saw basically everyone wearing Nike...haha!

I think adidas will continue to kill the game for casual shoes. Nike is just too good when it comes to wearing actual shoes for performance, ultraboosts are only considered the most comfortable for people that haven't actually tried real Nike shoes. Nike's apparel in my opinion is also really good, style and performance wise. I don't consider Adidas to be a threat there at all.

I legitimately don't think I was allowed in the club (in Berlin) because I wasn't wearing adidas, not that I was wearing Nike though. Me being young and not wearing them while everyone else does, I def looked off I guess haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom