adidas Continues to Dominate the Market Vol. nike hold this kevin hart

And the anti Nike thing is funny. :lol:

This is what Adidas does. Make everything limited to increase demand.

Release the same thing over and over with minor changes
They change the primeknit every six months and release the same colors.

Throw boost on any everything Adidas. An Adidas Stan Smith and Superstar? Really?

And you complain about Nike?

And NMD's aren't even comfortable like Ultra Boost.

Like I said before kids will have a bunch of kicks in their closet that all look the same, not because they liked the sneaker, but because everyone else wanted it. No story or history attached, just hype.

Doesn't Nike do the exact same thing though?

Im not even saying adidas is better or can even hold a candle to Nike. Im just saying where Nike is lacking in newer quality shoes, adidas has filled in for some of that.

Last edited:

Release the same thing over and over with minor changes
They change the primeknit every six months and release the same colors.

Throw boost on any everything Adidas. An Adidas Stan Smith and Superstar? Really?

Like I said before kids will have a bunch of kicks in their closet that all look the same, not because they liked the sneaker, but because everyone else wanted it. No story or history attached, just hype.

Doesn't Nike do the exact same thing though?

Im not even saying adidas is better or can even hold a candle to Nike. Im just saying where Nike is lacking in newer quality shoes, adidas has filled in for some of that.

Nike def doesn't make EVERYTHING limited. That's one of the things that's been turning people off.

For instance, someone in the space jam thread said he was glad he didn't buy them because he's been seeing people wear them.

Nike does do limited releases for sure but they have been mass producing the heck out of many shoes.

Nikes current products are trash from a design standpoint
How is this drastically different than a flyknit runner though? From a design standpoint, not tech. You gotta admit Adidas bit from Nike and added to it.

Compared to:

Yeah just because it's a similar colorway doesn't mean the actual designs look-a-like.

Sheep...

Boost is EASILY more comfortable than anything Nike has :lol:

This sounds like sarcasm but I can't even tell since this is ACTUALLY how people think..:lol:

As someone who buys several different shoes, for different reasons (moving around all day at work, doing speed workouts, easy runs, long runs, marathons), I always go to Nike for everything somehow. I have tried so many different shoes from different brands also, Nike for some reason just works for me on everything that I need them for. The boost ST was an amazing shoe, in that it's slip resistant, but I'll still take Nike all day.

And obviously my opinion is MINE and no one elses. What works for me will obviously not be the same for others..but this is what works for me.

With that said, I really wish I had some primeknit NMDs to wear casually, that I dont have to pay re-sell for...

Last edited:
Eh you missed the point. I am talking about the upper pattern, saying its similar, not drastically different..semantics, I know. Nike made the weave pattern/tech popular in sneakers. Hell even sketchers bit.

I am saying that Adidas saw the formula and improved upon it. 

Brands have definitely been influenced by the colors, patterns, and materials from Nike but that's nothing new. Competitors shamelessly steal across all industries.

You can see the presto in some of the adidas stuff.

I will agree with that. I tried a pair on and was disgusted at how cheap and flimsy they are. They have the audacity to add in a cardboard like ribbed insole 
indifferent.gif

apples vs orange peels.

nike continues to dominate and focus on what matters most to them, the athletes.

adidas continues to dominate and focus on what matters most to them, the bois.

adidas refuses to produce monster numbers of UBs, Yeezys, etc, because they know that will steal their juice if their prodcuts sit.

when you make 2000 pairs available online of your new Ultra Boost colorway of course theyre going to sell out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Running shoes across brands are pretty pricey though. I know the full tech cushioning nb's are up there in price. Dunno about the specialized running shoe brands though.

We'll see how much the narrative changes when/if Adidas ever decides to mass produce Boost shoes like Roshes, Free Runs, etc.

apples vs orange peels.

nike continues to dominate and focus on what matters most to them, the athletes.

Man what does that even mean? :lol:

So we're gonna ignore the top athletes in all sports that adidas endorses?

I thought people just went to places like nordstrom rack and got them for cheap. That's where I tried pairs on and every pair I tried was too tight.

apples vs orange peels.

Man what does that even mean? :lol:

So we're gonna ignore the top athletes in all sports that adidas endorses?

Yeah, guess he ignored all the basketball futbol, and football players who wear adidas footwear.

What does adidas focusing on boys even mean?

Last edited:
Problem for Nike is they were banking on nostalgia without continuing to lead the cutting edge like they did for decades. 

I think them losing market share is forcing them to go back to the drawing board and be more creative. Hopefully we will see a sneaker tech revolution something along the lines of early to mid 90s.
Co-sign!

I thought people just went to places like nordstrom rack and got them for cheap. That's where I tried pairs on and every pair I tried was too tight.

They used to be much more limited.
They became less appealing to many once Nike started dropping them in mass quantities.

Release the same thing over and over with minor changes. They change the primeknit every six months and release the same colors.

Breh, Nike releases the same crap over and over and over too. :lol:

Flyknit Infrared Air Max 90s? How about some cork Infrareds? Or some Infrareds with patches. Or some reverse Infrareds. I could go on and on.

Can't call out one brand and then defend another that literally mastered recycling retro shoes with updated tech. :lol:

i kinda hate my Roshes...they were not constructed well compared to other Nike lines...

the tread on the bottom has worn considerably quicker, and i use them for simple, casual wear...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom