adidas Continues to Dominate the Market Vol. nike hold this kevin hart

Why are cats acting like adidas is new on the scene though? Talmbout they're doing what UA was poised to do. :lol:

We really gonna sit here and act like they don't have bonafide classics like Superstars, Stan Smiths, Rod Lavers, Gazelles, Sambas, the ZX series, EQT series and on and on in their stable?

I love me some Nike too, but I hope some of you guys are on payroll there. :lol:
Here comes the payroll talk bc others aren't buying the adidas hype. Line is trash always has and always will be

There is no adidas hype though. They've been around for damn near 100 years and have been a staple in stores across the U.S. for decades. You don't last that long because you're a hype brand. :lol:
i dig but adidas was all but dead up until the last 3 years.

As a guy that grew up on Nike everything, Adidas putting out that heat. I love my UBs and NMDs :pimp:

Why are cats acting like adidas is new on the scene though? Talmbout they're doing what UA was poised to do. :lol:

We really gonna sit here and act like they don't have bonafide classics like Superstars, Stan Smiths, Rod Lavers, Gazelles, Sambas, the ZX series, EQT series and on and on in their stable?

I love me some Nike too, but I hope some of you guys are on payroll there. :lol:

No need to get defensive. If you actually put thought into what I wrote then maybe it would make sense.
No, I am not acting like adidas is new to the scene.
Yes, before adidas saw its recent growth, under armor had gained some serious momentum behind the Stephen curry movement. All of the little kids were buying UA stuff and the curry line was doing numbers at retail.
Adidas wasn't doing this at that time. Had UA come correct with its designs while it had the public's attention then there could very well be even more competition for Nike to go along with adidas.
Adidas DID come correct with its new stuff and that's why I said what I said.

Not defensive at all, sir. Just pointing out that adidas being on the scene isn't some new thing like it was for UA. They've been in the picture for years, but have always been little brother to Nike. They've simply seen a resurgence thanks to brotha Kanye.

UA has been on the scene for years too. Nowhere near as long as Adidas but long enough to be considered established. It's been a major brand for over 10 years.

I don't wear adidas, ***** wack.

They always seemed off brand to me like you cop adidas **** because the Nike was sold out.

Last time I checked legit everything adidas releases sells out almost instantly

Idk why you guys are talking numbers in general. Adidas is popular now. I'm a Nike guy and it's obvious they're killing it now. Yes at the moment they have much better products. Has nothing to do with innovation, just everything adidas is releasing is hip and looks good AF.

Will this last? No. They're already ruining the ultraboost with these new versions. Nike will always be number 1 but adidas is too hot right now, if you deny it then you're just a sheep

Last time I checked legit everything adidas releases sells out almost instantly

Idk why you guys are talking numbers in general. Adidas is popular now. I'm a Nike guy and it's obvious they're killing it now. Yes at the moment they have much better products. Has nothing to do with innovation, just everything adidas is releasing is hip and looks good AF.

Will this last? No. They're already ruining the ultraboost with these new versions. Nike will always be number 1 but adidas is too hot right now, if you deny it then you're just a sheep

:rolleyes

still wack.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the best thing that could have happened to consumers. For the longest time Nike didn't have a viable competitor so they could control the market how they deemed fit. Now with the re-emergence of adidas it is forcing Nike to re-evaluate their market tactics, which in the end is good for consumers. Admittedly Nike has gotten lazy since the release of Flyknit, which I believe was their last truly innovative product release and I hope that the Kitchen is working over time to come up with something to change the game again.

In our lifetime, adidas won't pass Nike. But you best believe that Nike is fully aware of what is going on with their neighbors in PDX.

This is the best thing that could have happened to consumers. For the longest time Nike didn't have a viable competitor so they could control the market how they deemed fit. Now with the re-emergence of adidas it is forcing Nike to re-evaluate their market tactics, which in the end is good for consumers. Admittedly Nike has gotten lazy since the release of Flyknit, which I believe was their last truly innovative product release and I hope that the Kitchen is working over time to come up with something to change the game again.

In our lifetime, adidas won't pass Nike. But you best believe that Nike is fully aware of what is going on with their neighbors in PDX.
This this and more this.

Also, the thing is that when I'm in adidas HQ in PDX, they fully admit Nike is number one and they are working to catch them...as they should.

No lie I ain't seen the hood wear no addidas... But at the gym two years ago nobody had on adidas, it was straight fkyknits, free runs, air max. Etc... Now all you see in my gym is boost tech.

Yup I actually don't mind the competition coming up. As someone said its easier to get Jordans and more coveted retro releases. Problem for Nike is they were banking on nostalgia without continuing to lead the cutting edge like they did for decades. 

I think them losing market share is forcing them to go back to the drawing board and be more creative. Hopefully we will see a sneaker tech revolution something along the lines of early to mid 90s.

I wonder how many opinions would be different had Nike Kanye never left Adidas. In my opinion a lot of people would have still never tried Boost if Kanye and Pharrell weren't over there.

Also, how far would the tables turn if Boost was a Nike technology?

Uh word of mouth is a big reason why ultraboosts became popular. People were already saying how comfortable boost was in the pureboost shoes. Tried on a pair in store and all the praise the cushioning got was valid.

Last edited:
Adidas is putting out quality kicks.

Maybe they'll never have the cultural impact as J's or other certain models, but at some point you have to give credit to Adidas for creating a different lane right now.

Also to me personally the whole retro Jordan thing has lost its appeal. Other than the classic colors and models, new colors of the same shoes has become a turn off.

Last edited:

Here comes the payroll talk bc others aren't buying the adidas hype. Line is trash always has and always will be

There is no adidas hype though. They've been around for damn near 100 years and have been a staple in stores across the U.S. for decades. You don't last that long because you're a hype brand. :lol:
i dig but adidas was all but dead up until the last 3 years.

They were dead? Says who? You don't like adidas so my guess is that you weren't paying attention to what they did. But me personally? I scored a GRIP of classic runners from the ZX series when overseas spots put out retros. Size? had a helluva run with the retros they dropped.

FAR from dead 3 years ago, but you'd have to be paying attention to know that.

i have so many racers which used to be the goat comfort/looks for me...now i won't dare put them on...
im on my feet all day. i need maximum comfort.

yall can argue about who makes more money...i could care less. brand loyalty is stupid. nike aint filling your pockets so why bother?
boost is more comfortable. thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Nike hasn't done anything innovative in years bu they still worth 93 Bill and show 0 signs of struggling. Props to Adidas for bringing out new innovative stuff and securing themselves at number 2 because we all know it's impossible to catch Nike at this point.

But I do hope this does cause Nike to step up their game a bit, the last good Jordan was the 23 which was 9 years ago.

Last edited:
This topic Sneakenews made is so misleading. It's just basing things on stock prices. It's click bait. And the hypebeast and dumb don't think, because it says what they want it to say. Everyone wants these sneakers, so I need them too.

What about market share, value of company, net income and revenue?

Last edited:
And the anti Nike thing is funny. :lol:

This is what Adidas does. Make everything limited to increase demand.

Release the same thing over and over with minor changes. They change the primeknit every six months and release the same colors.

Throw boost on any everything Adidas. An Adidas Stan Smith and Superstar? Really?

And you complain about Nike?

And NMD's aren't even comfortable like Ultra Boost.

Like I said before kids will have a bunch of kicks in their closet that all look the same, not because they liked the sneaker, but because everyone else wanted it. No story or history attached, just hype.

nike/jordan has had a ridiculous amount of control & power so adi & other brands becoming stronger can be a very good thing...i couldn't say whether adidas will pass nike in our lifetime, or the next 1,2 or 10, but what is certain is that adidas ISN'T & HASN'T been "dominating the market," the way the article is titled is an outright misreading, they have had a really excellent boost over previous sales in the past couple years and have increase their standing amongst consumers but the price of their stock going up doesn't make up for the fact that they didn't actually sell more shoes than nike last year, nor make more money or profit, and that adi is still a distant #2 as the below makes pretty clear

[thread="660437"]Quote:[/thread]

So this is just sales increase and not total sales?

Of course Adidas had a larger increase in sales recently.

View media item 2361549

View media item 2361550

View media item 2361551

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2015/11/09/nike-adidas-market-shares/

ADIDAS CONTINUES TO DOMINATE THE MARKET VOL. NIKE HOLD THIS KEVIN HART 

View media item 2361553

They were dead? Says who? You don't like adidas so my guess is that you weren't paying attention to what they did. But me personally? I scored a GRIP of classic runners from the ZX series when overseas spots put out retros. Size? had a helluva run with the retros they dropped.

FAR from dead 3 years ago, but you'd have to be paying attention to know that.

'dead' would be a bit of an overstatement but at u.s. retail that matters, this was more or less the case...it wasn't as if they were in danger of going out of business but they were significantly challenged in the states to the point that sketchers moved past them to #2 in footwear sales (with ua on the come up fast) and the adi execs decided they had to move the focus here...

Last edited:
i have so many racers which used to be the goat comfort/looks for me...now i won't dare put them on...

yall can argue about who makes more money...i could care less. brand loyalty is stupid. nike aint filling your pockets so why bother?

Curious if you've actually tried on any nikes other than the racers (which have no cushioning whatsoever and are meant for speed)? I'm sure you have, but I mean more along the lines of lunarepics, lunarglides, Pegasus, etc. Your post makes it seem like boost is actually more comfortable than anything Nike puts out, which I don't find true at all. I'm just wondering if you've actually tried some actual comfortable Nike shoes and that's where you're coming from.

Curious if you've actually tried on any nikes other than the racers (which have no cushioning whatsoever and are meant for speed)? I'm sure you have, but I mean more along the lines of lunarepics, lunarglides, Pegasus, etc. Your post makes it seem like boost is actually more comfortable than anything Nike puts out, which I don't find true at all. I'm just wondering if you've actually tried some actual comfortable Nike shoes and that's where you're coming from.

Sheep...

Boost is EASILY more comfortable than anything Nike has :lol:

Back
Top Bottom