Adidas NMD thread

for those who have mesh NMDs, is it worth it to own a pair of mesh NMD? I've been holding off cause PK is definitely the way to go, but not sure if I should just own a pair (comfort/durability wise). Also, Canadian here so we hardly get any launches but surprisingly, get some this week too.
For me, it's not like there is anything wrong with the mesh pair I own but I just love how my PK's fit. It's literally a damn sock and it nice to move my toes around and not have resistance. 

for those who have mesh NMDs, is it worth it to own a pair of mesh NMD? I've been holding off cause PK is definitely the way to go, but not sure if I should just own a pair (comfort/durability wise). Also, Canadian here so we hardly get any launches but surprisingly, get some this week too.
imo mesh get a bad rap. i got the blue and grey from the pack that just released when the japan/french pk released. i could not be more happy with mine. ultraboost are by far more comfortable but imo that goes for any nmd is not quite as comfortable as ub. i would not pay over retail(prefer just under retail) for mesh pair but def good everyday kicks.

I have three mesh or non PK NMDs. I like all of them just fine. PKs are nicer for sure but the regular NMDs are great too. The all white is pretty dope and I get a lot of compliments on my camo mesh NMDs.

As for comfort as far as stretch goes it depends on the model. I have the red from the drop that is coming on the 18th and it's much more stretchy then the above or the original black mesh. On comfort vs UB, the difference is that the NMD has a stiffer midsole. Not as bouncy/cushiony as the Ultra Boost. I wouldn't say one is more comfortable then the other, just depends on preference. I find the NMD to be a little more stable where as the Ultra Boost has more give.

Last edited:
I don't think these red NMDs are going to sell $thousands like the Pitch Black F&F.

First of all, they're red shoes. I love red shoes but most people don't.

Second of all, they're not even red shoes. They're Adidas infrared orangey. Like the Circa Knit ones. 

I see a big spike in the beginning and these settling around $500-750 resale just rarity.

y'all think its safe to go alone to pickup these shoes? i mean they aint yeezys but you never know whos out there

Geez non of these adidas associates know anything. Glendale says only Santa Anita and melrose are getting them but yet i stopped at Samy monica adidas and showed me the registration

Anyone who got the Journeys restock for the reflective nmds the other day get any processing update? Mine still says in process

I don't think these red NMDs are going to sell $thousands like the Pitch Black F&F.

First of all, they're red shoes. I love red shoes but most people don't.

Second of all, they're not even red shoes. They're Adidas infrared orangey. Like the Circa Knit ones. 

I see a big spike in the beginning and these settling around $500-750 resale just rarity.
if they only going for 500 I'd snatch one, but doubt that :lol:

Aw HELL yeah. This is the news I was waiting for.

Had a hunch when I was looking at how impossible it was to find the OG in larger sizes that something like this would happen. There were just too few of the shoe created initially. It's one thing to do a targeted limited release, but this is now their iconic shoe and some folks don't even know this is how it all started because you just don't see this shoe available many places (well, authentic ones at least).

Rereleasing this model is a win win for fans and Adidas. It further solidifies the OG as a classic, it drives the price of the other PKs up further because those become the true hard to find models, and it gives us a chance to finally maybe cop this bad boy.

Now we just hope this doesn't become garbage "if you live within the city limits of Bangor Maine you can use the Consortium App" ********.

Mine just said it shipped earlier today!!!
Ok cool.. Hoping mine updates soon then

EDIT: shows shipped now 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with the women's suede NMD release? Tts? Or .5 down like pk after Adidas conversion to mens?

Do you think it'll be difficult to get a size swap for the Red Apples? I ended up with a 9 but need an 8 or 8.5. I can only pick up my pair later in the day, I'm assuming most people will be there to pick up early. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Aw HELL yeah. This is the news I was waiting for.

Had a hunch when I was looking at how impossible it was to find the OG in larger sizes that something like this would happen. There were just too few of the shoe created initially. It's one thing to do a targeted limited release, but this is now their iconic shoe and some folks don't even know this is how it all started because you just don't see this shoe available many places (well, authentic ones at least).

Rereleasing this model is a win win for fans and Adidas. It further solidifies the OG as a classic, it drives the price of the other PKs up further because those become the true hard to find models, and it gives us a chance to finally maybe cop this bad boy.

Now we just hope this doesn't become garbage "if you live within the city limits of Bangor Maine you can use the Consortium App" ********.

To add to my earlier post, I just read online that a) it is to bookend the R1 release before the R2 comes out b) there will be a LOT more pairs available than the first time around, c) as of now it is the EXACT same shoe as the first time.

A message to my bros out there: think long and hard before paying resale on the Black OGs. Wow.

Edit: It is also confirmed to be the only PK rerelease, again to symbolize the way it all started.

OG whites and Nice Kicks are now the superstars in my mind if you want to make a $$$ investment right now with buy low classic potential.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom