Adidas ORIGINALS updates

Wow -- Crooked Tongues just posted this on instagram: 

Gore-Tex ZX Flux on its way

embarassed.gif

Guys. Everyone take a deep breathe. It's really simple: you either cop for convienience on eBay or you gotta keep hunting. I luckily live in LA and have gotten prisims, oceans and cityscapes for retail. Pretty easily too. I even copped berlins on adidas.com for 20% off. I have a good job but I been in the sneaker game since 2000, I don't care what anyone thinks of it but hell yeah, I resell. It cuts my sneaker net spending waaaaaay down. And quite frankly it's easy. This is not a new thing. I know a lot of you are just getting on adidas, but there have been hyped adidas for a long *** time.

Embrace the hunt or just pay the market prices. Simple.

Guys. Everyone take a deep breathe. It's really simple: you either cop for convienience on eBay or you gotta keep hunting. I luckily live in LA and have gotten prisims, oceans and cityscapes for retail. Pretty easily too. I even copped berlins on adidas.com for 20% off. I have a good job but I been in the sneaker game since 2000, I don't care what anyone thinks of it but hell yeah, I resell. It cuts my sneaker net spending waaaaaay down. And quite frankly it's easy. This is not a new thing. I know a lot of you are just getting on adidas, but there have been hyped adidas for a long *** time.

or we could just do what we do...which is complain about the hunt :lol: ....i kinda like hearing other peoples struggles since i am in them as well. I also if given the chance will cop a few pairs of whatever i can and sell to NTers for retail

*Puts on cape stares ever so gracefully into the oncoming wind with arms on hips*

LOL yup it's normal to share hunting stories. Both of failure and success. Not mad at that.
or we could just do what we do...which is complain about the hunt :lol: ....i kinda like hearing other peoples struggles since i am in them as well. I also if given the chance will cop a few pairs of whatever i can and sell to NTers for retail

*Puts on cape stares ever so gracefully into the oncoming wind with arms on hips*

Well that's awesome for you, but I live in Western Mass and have to drive 40 miles to find a mall or b&m retailer. I pretty much have to rely on internet retailers. I got the Berlins off Adidas.com, too, and was lucky to grab the Digitals when Champs had them briefly posted. Of course, they're backordered til the end of the month, so I fully expect that order to be cancelled, because that's how this whole experience has been. And I don't know what you being a reseller has to do with anything, but I'm not sure it  gives you any more credibility to say "pay the market prices" when you're one of the dudes setting the market.

Unsure if the right thread but recently picked up these vintage adidas indoor supers that were made in 1983

Well that's awesome for you, but I live in Western Mass and have to drive 40 miles to find a mall or b&m retailer. I pretty much have to rely on internet retailers. I got the Berlins off Adidas.com, too, and was lucky to grab the Digitals when Champs had them briefly posted. Of course, they're backordered til the end of the month, so I fully expect that order to be cancelled, because that's how this whole experience has been. And I don't know what you being a reseller has to do with anything, but I'm not sure it  gives you any more credibility to say "pay the market prices" when you're one of the dudes setting the market.

Got damn lol.

I feel you dude. I've had sneaker buds from bum f**k who have always had to rely on me or ebay to get their kicks. At least you can buy or rent a place for decent prices. I pay $2600 for a 2 bedroom and any house I want to buy is $700+ a sq ft. You can use some of that saved living expenses and splurge guilt free on some Prisims :smokin

All personal opinion, but I just gotta say these flux's are severally overrated guys. I got the Oceans and the Media during the early hysterias. I was curious to see what it was all about. The price seem attractive even with the adi.com 20% off. I got them in. Checked them out, wasn't impressed, wasn't underwhelmed. Put them on feet, the same feels. I've worn both once, and they've been sitting since, lol. I guess I have too many better options in my daily rotation I'm used to going with and someday I'll get around for more excitement for them. Just feel like at the moment its like someone said, it's just the 'thrill of the hunt' for y'all haha. Anyways, I'd be patient they everywhere. Offer dudes on the bay a reasonable deal on their listings I'm sure they'll budge. If you look the ones that do sell, go for close to retail.

I feel you dude. I've had sneaker buds from bum f**k who have always had to rely on me or ebay to get their kicks. At least you can buy or rent a place for decent prices. I pay $2600 for a 2 bedroom and any house I want to buy is $700+ a sq ft. You can use some of that saved living expenses and splurge guilt free on some Prisims
smokin.gif
HA - touche, bruh! My mortgage on my 3BR house is $1300/mo, after taxes and everything. I lived in Boston for 7 yrs and Brookyn for 3, though, and I miss city life all the time. Always wanted to live in LA for a bit. I actually tell all the young cats I know "Move out to LA for a year or two. Just go live SOMEPLACE warm."

Put in some work and completed my Photo Pack. Almost hesitated on Oceans but they looked really nice in person so I got a pair.

All personal opinion, but I just gotta say these flux's are severally overrated guys. I got the Oceans and the Media during the early hysterias. I was curious to see what it was all about. The price seem attractive even with the adi.com 20% off. I got them in. Checked them out, wasn't impressed, wasn't underwhelmed. Put them on feet, the same feels. I've worn both once, and they've been sitting since, lol. I guess I have too many better options in my daily rotation I'm used to going with and someday I'll get around for more excitement for them. Just feel like at the moment its like someone said, it's just the 'thrill of the hunt' for y'all haha. Anyways, I'd be patient they everywhere. Offer dudes on the bay a reasonable deal on their listings I'm sure they'll budge. If you look the ones that do sell, go for close to retail.

Overrated how though? I don't think anyone's really putting them on a pedestal or anything, it's just an incredibly dope shoe for an uncharacteristically great box price. Throw in the limited factor, and of course people are going to be excited.

Almost seems like a humble "I got em, with a discount, but y'all don't" sort of brag. You realize dudes are straight rabid for these in here, right?

Last edited:
Overrated how though? I don't think anyone's really putting them on a pedestal or anything, it's just an incredibly dope shoe for an uncharacteristically great box price.
The crying and whining going on man... the shop employees at the FNL's trying to usher people off it so they can hold stock for themselves. You'd think these are the second coming of something grand by the way everyone that has knowledge of them is treating them around these parts. 
laugh.gif

I'm referring specifically to the prints. I have 2 of the 3 prints but I actually like the weave ones better but I'm boring like that. The prints are nice and different but that nylonish material just wasn't for me. And people trying to charge upwards of 300 for the prisms are smoking thinking someone would hop on that over a host of other selections of kicks they can get for that price.

Last edited:
They're good casual shoes. The only "issue" is ALL OD the graphic patterns are limited instead of GRs like the simple color ways.

Multi, Digi, Ocean, Cheetah, etc have been hard to get.

They're good casual shoes. The only "issue" is ALL OD the graphic patterns are limited instead of GRs like the simple color ways.

Multi, Digi, Ocean, Cheetah, etc have been hard to get.
They've been hard to get because everyones been buying them up in bulk on all drops due to the perceived resell they're seeing from local groups and list. I've no clue on production numbers but adidas never goes crazy on the big numbers generally, it's about the same across the board. If people started hawking up the solid infrared I'm sure the hype would go up on those too. Other then the prisms that'll go for about 170ish because of the heightened hype the media and oceans can be bought resell for retail prices and about 20% over max. This current craze is the same as the Roshe's was when they released the initial Calypso's, Sirens, Cybers etc... except Nike did limit releases. Whether Adidas is adjusting to that now with the frequency of release is to be determined but they're usually 1-2 drops from their stores, the run of boutiques, overseas, and done like most GR non Nike brands.

Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. Honestly though, the entire US rollout of these has been sloppy and disorganized. People have a right to be upset.

Last edited:
Looks like the UK adidas.com prism restock was pushed back another week. Was supposed to be today (4/16), but now it says they'll be available 4/22.

Picked these up from Hype DC
Lol ... my package came this morning 

how you like em? I like them a lot.... very satisfied ...

will be a little salty over the overall price if they drop stateside and are easy to get but whatever .... at least they shipped fast as hell... ordered on Thursday, here on Monday....from Australia...**** 
Is that patent leather I see on those?  

Back
Top Bottom