Adidas ORIGINALS updates

Just got my Stan Smiths here in the Philippines! Thank goodness we had the same UK release!
pimp.gif
 I would have been upset if it was the US release. The leather is really really nice. Excellent quality from Adidas! 

Last edited:

Just got my Stan Smiths here in the Philippines! Thank goodness we had the same UK release!
pimp.gif
 I would have been upset if it was the US release. The leather is really really nice. Excellent quality from Adidas! 
how is the sizing compared to other adidas models mate?

thanks

Wear a 10 in most adidas but like many others, want sizing info for both UK and US stan smiths :nerd: might have to cop the 10.5 off adidas site, or possibly go with the 10 in the UK if theyre than much nicer.. The midsoles are what kill the UKs for me but that may be fixable...
Also if anyonce can contribute on how the new run of Tobaccos fit that would be awesome too!

I see a lot of sizing questions so I'll give some feedback based on the fit of my '05 Stan Smith's... not sure if it's relevant to the latest release.

I'm a US10 in Busenitz, a US10 in my '05 SS's, and I wear a US9.5/US10 in Gazelles depending on if I wear them with socks or not. I'm a US10.5 in older retro J's, a US9.5 in NB577,1300, 992. 

I usually wear size 11 in my Nikes and my Jordans. This time I had to go down by a half, I'm copped 10.5 in the Stan Smiths. 

Last edited:
got the stan smiths in my usual adidas size..fits perfect.

the leathers are pretty good in this release...(At least the european version)

Ugh that European version's leather looks so buttery.

Got in 2 pairs of Stans today, one from Footaction and one with the 20% off on adidas. The leather on each pair is noticeably different, one's a lot softer while the other pair just feels more synthetic/stiff. Still not as big of difference as the US vs the vintage Euros, though. Needless to say the stiff pair is getting returned.

Looks like all 4 Consortium versions will be $159.

Ugh that European version's leather looks so buttery.

Got in 2 pairs of Stans today, one from Footaction and one with the 20% off on adidas. The leather on each pair is noticeably different, one's a lot softer while the other pair just feels more synthetic/stiff. Still not as big of difference as the US vs the vintage Euros, though. Needless to say the stiff pair is getting returned.

Looks like all 4 Consortium versions will be $159.
i would go for the consortium stan smiths if i hadn't bought european pairs. at least for the phoenix aniline leather model.

Got my Stans in from adidas.com. (US) Leather quality is pretty decent. Not as premium as the UK one. It's definitely not a worn in leather look out of the box like the euro version posted above, but it's not 'plastic' synthetic (p)leather either. In time with wears it'll start softening even more hopefully to the likeness of the international version. It started looking like the pics posted above after 30 mins of fit and walk around. I'm guessing adidas figured US folks wanted more of a fresh/new feel out of the box or they didn't want it to look too much like the Consortiums coming out this weekend.

For sizing I went to my TTS which is generally index finger length in the toe to end of toe box in most of my sneakers, and was pretty spot on with the fit. Could've gone down half for a snug fit and been ok too. For 60 bux after the coupon, not bad at all!

Last edited:
^^ @TeivLite  My true size is a 10.5. I Grabbed a 10 in the Fairway colorway from Barney's this past September because my size wasn't available. TTS would have been way comfier.

My US 10.5 from END came in the mail today though!

Was thinking of picking up the black pair from adidas.com, IDK, I'll probably chill.

^^ @TeivLite  My true size is a 10.5. I Grabbed a 10 in the Fairway colorway from Barney's this past September because my size wasn't available. TTS would have been way comfier.

Was thinking of picking up the black pair from adidas.com, IDK, I'll probably chill.
If you're OCD about the materials and don't plan on beating on them, you could probably do without it. I love beating down my shoes so the price point for these clean Stans fit the profile perfectly. I'm going to also snag the skate black stans too just waiting for adidas to drop me a 20% coupon for use on those, lol. I'll check out the consortiums this weekend. Hopefully a few boutiques will have them. Interested in seeing how those materials look in person.

I wore my Fairways heavy when I was abroad in November for about a week. I plan on beating those and keeping the reds as fresh as possible lol. I'd probably beat the blacks too. I'll just wait to see if I can catch it at a lower price. Such a clean silhouette.

Hope you grab the consortiums!

hehehe...got exactly the same colorways..i was thinking to get one more red tbh because i think its the best out of 3..the only cw i found boring were the blues....

hehehe...got exactly the same colorways..i was thinking to get one more red tbh because i think its the best out of 3..the only cw i found boring were the blues....
Yeah the blues were the most basic that's why I wanted to toss them in there as my beaters. If consortiums release only in the og green I didn't want to double up on that same cw. Still on the fence about the reds. I like them a lot too just probably waiting for another variation in it, lol.

Last edited:

I wore my Fairways heavy when I was abroad in November for about a week. I plan on beating those and keeping the reds as fresh as possible lol. I'd probably beat the blacks too. I'll just wait to see if I can catch it at a lower price. Such a clean silhouette.

Hope you grab the consortiums!
Thanks man, only thing I'm on the fence about is the pricing points they'll tag them with. And love the silhouette and the clean colors, can't go wrong!

just came across the stan smith listing at packer shoes (sold out already) and the tongue is hidden in the pics. it's almost like they embarrassed to show it... :lol:

anybody know why boutique shops can't get whichever version they prefer? the national chains could still get the version they want? adidas should be able to figure out logistics for that.

you can see a corner of the tongue on the black pair, but it's hidden on all 3 white colorways.

http://www.packershoes.com/collections/adidas/products/adidas-originals-stan-smith-white-navy

http://www.packershoes.com/collections/adidas/products/adidas-originals-stan-smith-black

just came across the stan smith listing at packer shoes (sold out already) and the tongue is hidden in the pics. it's almost like they embarrassed to show it... :lol:

anybody know why boutique shops can't get whichever version they prefer? the national chains could still get the version they want? adidas should be able to figure out logistics for that.

Just to make sure.. when it comes to the tongue, you're talking about the shape/width of it, right? To be honest I didn't really notice it until I got my US pair in hand. It's definitely annoying. Could be the way I sized but it also makes the tongue sit awkwardly on my foot.. they gave these joints the SB treatment lol.

Other than that I'm not too dissatisfied with mine. Of course I would prefer the Euro drop but the leather on the pair I'm keeping is actually pretty solid.

Doesn't seem to be too many of us on the lookout for the Consortiums, so we should help each other out and post availability as it comes, or maybe even keep it to PMs. I'm probably only interested in one pair but I don't wanna miss them :smokin

Back
Top Bottom