Adidas ORIGINALS updates

did anyone get them the stan smiths? how do they fit? i have many adidas sneakers including old stan smiths but after the torsion integral s release(they fit huge) and the adidas equipment(i was told that they fit huge as well) i am wondering if adidas has changed completely the fitting of their sneakers.

Only a few stores are getting the all black colorway. Some US stores are only getting one or two of the other colors as well.
by saying 3, i meant the whites with the green,blue,red heel sorry. no idea about the blacks

Last edited:
Reintroduce a shoe after stopping their production for only 2 years and people are asking if it's limited. #Hypeisreal

Old stock is still available if you look around; also, Stan Smiths fit narrow, so go half a size up from your ZX/EQT runner size.
laugh.gif

I know, right?  I was reading the last 2 pages like "are people really this amped about ANOTHER Stan Smith drop?"

It's all good though, because they're definitely classics.  And a classic that is often overlooked.  

The sku# for the footaction link stan smith are different from the sneakersnstuff stan smiths.

sku#20324 for the green stan smith from footaction looks like pairs from 2 yrs ago

the sneakersnstuff and other EU pairs have #D67361 which looks different.

The sku# for the footaction link stan smith are different from the sneakersnstuff stan smiths.

sku#20324 for the green stan smith from footaction looks like pairs from 2 yrs ago

the sneakersnstuff and other EU pairs have #D67361 which looks different.
RE: order #: 5675261

just making sure the stan smith's i just ordered are the ones that were just released today and not old ones from two years ago.
Michael B.: Thank you for contacting Footaction Customer Care!
Michael B.: One moment please while I locate that information.
ng188: thanks

Michael B.: One moment please...
Michael B.: Your product number does match that of the release. However there is no image of the shoe at this time.
ng188: today's release correct?
Michael B.: Yes.
ng188: thank you!

just asked footaction customer care - they are today's release. perhaps all the euro sites (including sneakersnstuff) have different SKUs. 

Thank god for having family with adidas! 48 is well worth it for these...would have even paid retail if I had to.

I've seen 4 colors of the standard Stan Smith: White/Green, White/Blue and White/Red. Then, an all black leather pair.

After that: a material variant of the White/Green pair: Ostritch, Premium Leather, Cracked Leather and Reptile respectively. EDIT: This pack is a consortium release and may be considered less available than the other. I'm digging the reptile myself.

Next, there's a suede pack containing 3 color ways (Green/White, Blue/White and Red/White slated for March. Pretty sure Black/White suede is there too.

Hmm, that's really strange. The leather on those UK pairs, in all colors, looks more like this Phoenix Aniline Consortium version, which I have my eye on. These UKs definitely appears to be completely different material from the US GR drop.

Here are the Anilines...

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2014/01/15/adidas-consortium-stan-smith-phoenix-aniline-leather/

Weird...

The crooked tongues email I received today has photos smooth white leather with suede color accents, but the pictures on their don't look like suede at all. I was hoping you meant smooth leather out now & suede accent pairs to follow in March, but that's not what that article shoes. Those teal eyelets on the fairway pair don't seem to fit (no need to replace my suede fairway green tennis from several years back anyway: http://www.pickyourshoes.com/item.asp?itemname=30314).

And what's going on with the pairs on adidas.com? The images in the ads don't match the images on the site at all... just look at the tongue. The chat was terminated when I asked which US stores were going to sell the correct version... and PYS must have the adidas stock photos or they're pushing the same weird version as adidas.com.

If you guys are buying online, you better double-check with the store so you know what you're getting. :\

After doing some digging, it appears that the US and international pairs are indeed different. The US pair has a smooth, non-textured heel tab (appears to be leather), while the UK/international pairs have a tumbled suede/nubuck. The tongue is different on both pairs, the US pair looks like it has more padding stitched on the back while the UK pair has a raw leather edge. And finally the leather on the upper of the UK pairs looks much nicer and softer than the US variation.

I'm not sure why there are 2, but I hope I'm happy with the pair I ordered from Foot Action. Definitely keeping my eyes peeled for the Aniline pair. How limited are Consortium drops?

Weird...

The crooked tongues email I received today has photos smooth white leather with suede color accents, but the pictures on their don't look like suede at all. I was hoping you meant smooth leather out now & suede accent pairs to follow in March, but that's not what that article shoes. Those teal eyelets on the fairway pair don't seem to fit (no need to replace my suede fairway green tennis from several years back anyway: http://www.pickyourshoes.com/item.asp?itemname=30314).

And what's going on with the pairs on adidas.com? The images in the ads don't match the images on the site at all... just look at the tongue. The chat was terminated when I asked which US stores were going to sell the correct version... and PYS must have the adidas stock photos or they're pushing the same weird version as adidas.com.

If you guys are buying online, you better double-check with the store so you know what you're getting.
ohwell.gif

Visitor:
Visitor:

wondering - is the stan smith here:http://www.adidas.com/us/product/mens-originals-stan-smith-shoes/ION05?cid=M20324

Visitor:

the same as the one in adidas originals stores?

Melissa D.:

Yes, that should also be available in Originals stores.

Visitor:

ok so SKU M20324, available on the website, is exactly the same one as the one in stores.

Melissa D.:

Yes, if it has that same art# on the model in the store, it's the exact same model.

Visitor:

no - i have not checked in stores. i just wanted to confirm that the same shoe released in both places. the reason i ask is that the european/british model has a different SKU and looks different.

Visitor:

http://www.adidas.co.uk/stan-smith-shoes/D67361_640.html

Melissa D.:

Right, stateside all of the Stan Smith models available online, should be the same as what you find in stores- they should have the exact same models released in both.

my chat just now above. looks like the euro release is different than the US release (both in stores and online). maybe i just need to get off my lazy butt and go to soho and check out the ones in store tomorrow.

i get mine next week so i will be able to confirm what they look like then... anyone here buy in store today that can take a pic of their shoes?

The textured ones aren't the ones that released today are they?
Depends on what you mean by textured. We've found that the US and UK pairs are different, the UK pair is more of a textured/tumbled/soft leather and heel tab. Both of those dropped today.

But then there's also the Consortium releases on the 25th with different leather textures (snake, ostrich, etc.)

Last edited:
Depends on what you mean by textured. We've found that the US and UK pairs are different, the UK pair is more of a textured/tumbled/soft leather and heel tab. Both of those dropped today.

But then there's also the Consortium releases on the 25th with different leather textures (snake, ostrich, etc.)

Oh ok thanks, I'm thinking about the Consortium ones that drop on the 25th. I'm personally trying for the Aniline versions

Same here. The cracked leather are nice too but I'm stuck on those Anilines. They look amazing!

Last edited:
Wow I'm actually pretty disappointed they released different versions and didn't make it known. Oh well, can't complain. May just have to get a UK pair as well. I guess that explains why no international stores got the all black pair.

Back
Top Bottom