Adidas ORIGINALS updates

adidas finna try to tap that retro runner market
8098.png

they've never been at the forefront of the brand. they're going to push even more retro runners with collabs in 2024

Grabbed these yesterday since they were on sale plus an additional 30% off plus Rakuten cash back. Picked up the black pair a while back and really like them so I decided to purchase the green pair as well when my size was back in stock. See how they look when they arrive.
IMG_6570.png

An intruder spotting! :emoji_fire:

Screenshot_20230629_231649_Chrome.jpg

Plus EQT Basketball and EQT lows... man, this guy designed all of them??? LEGEND.
Yeah he is a legend. I'm not sure if he designed those silhouettes but he did design the Streetball 2, Mutombo 1 (w/ Peter Moore & Jacques Chassaing), Mutombo 2, Torsion Attitude & EQT Elevation (Crazy 97) among others...

Last edited:
post yeezy adidas is not bad. need a ub replacement though and we good
Eh, depends on your flavor. A lot of really unimaginative **** coming out from all brands, and adi is no exception.

How many times do I need to see ClimaCool uppers recycled? I love the OG ClimaCool more than most, but come on....

Eh, depends on your flavor. A lot of really unimaginative **** coming out from all brands, and adi is no exception.

How many times do I need to see ClimaCool uppers recycled? I love the OG ClimaCool more than most, but come on....
adidas is the brand with the best new designs that released this year imo. harden 7s, mr baileys joints, and of course, crazy iiinfinitys. outside of that adidas is doing well with their originals line like sambas, gazelles and campus. there's still more to come too, especially with it's basketball line. There's a need for an ultra boost replacement but I don't think knit sneakers in general are relevant in 2023

adidas is the brand with the best new designs that released this year imo. harden 7s, mr baileys joints, and of course, crazy iiinfinitys. outside of that adidas is doing well with their originals line like sambas, gazelles and campus. there's still more to come too, especially with it's basketball line. There's a need for an ultra boost replacement but I don't think knit sneakers in general are relevant in 2023
I mean... what's exciting to you about the basketball line? Harden 7 is a step in the right direction, but the division has been lost in the wilderness since they cleaned house awhile back. Signing Jerry was exciting, but even that has been slow to develop. I'm hoping that they get their ducks in a row, but I'm waiting for them to prove they've got some mojo back before I get too eager.

As far as Originals goes, that's a separate exercise altogether. Figuring out what direction tastemakers are going and what from the archives fits into the current movement. It's an interesting division, but it's not at all the same as developing new product for modern consumers. I'm not saying it's easier per se, but it's a different set of tactics.

And re: an Ultra Boost replacement - I'm sure they are spending an ungodly amount of money on an insane team of people trying to figure out just that. Let's not forget a lot of the Boost boom was down to luck and good timing. There are many, many good products from many, many brands out there, but it takes a special spark to make something that big happen. People go their whole career without a product getting that big. All that is to say, it's much easier said than done.

I mean... what's exciting to you about the basketball line? Harden 7 is a step in the right direction, but the division has been lost in the wilderness since they cleaned house awhile back. Signing Jerry was exciting, but even that has been slow to develop. I'm hoping that they get their ducks in a row, but I'm waiting for them to prove they've got some mojo back before I get too eager.

As far as Originals goes, that's a separate exercise altogether. Figuring out what direction tastemakers are going and what from the archives fits into the current movement. It's an interesting division, but it's not at all the same as developing new product for modern consumers. I'm not saying it's easier per se, but it's a different set of tactics.

And re: an Ultra Boost replacement - I'm sure they are spending an ungodly amount of money on an insane team of people trying to figure out just that. Let's not forget a lot of the Boost boom was down to luck and good timing. There are many, many good products from many, many brands out there, but it takes a special spark to make something that big happen. People go their whole career without a product getting that big. All that is to say, it's much easier said than done.

You aren't kidding about that initial Boost boom. I remember the first couple of Ultraboost colorways rotting on shelves. :lol:

dont forget about their running line (adizero stuff), they're for sure adding that to a category where they're killing it and top elite runners are medaling in their products while the consumers are loving it

agree with most of your points, they know where the hype is with their originals and sprinkling in some of the 2000s runners as well, however don't think the UB needs a replacement. they're good with doing a yearly update, but would hope they just regularly restock/retro UB 1.0s instead of just pushing the stuff that's sitting - keep it more of a staple

Back
Top Bottom