ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preach! I thought that by moving to Vancouver, I'd finally have a chance to pick up a pair in store. 2 months later the only pairs I've seen in stores have been the black, green, and blue pair, and the crimsons, but I have no interest in those
mean.gif
I'm in the US (Colorado) and they barely stock any UB's here.   Last night at HoH they had the red uncaged pair.  I asked if they plan on getting more, and she told me "if Adidas ships us some, we never know until they arrive"

This last v2 release was the first time any Yeezys were available in-store here.  Combined total of 64 pairs between 2 stores, with one store supposedly back-dooring a lot of them.  No Confirmed app, no other apps, no non-foot store releases (like Shoe Palace, which there are 2-3 here), etc. 

Of course it hurts Adidas, whole thing about yeezys is about creating hype for the brand, not about making money with the few shoes they're selling. They don't need to think short term.
The only customers sneakers brands lose due to "over saturation" are the people who are care about having ultra exclusive shoes. The majority of the average footwear buyer doesn't care about that, and a large portion of fashion/streetwear/sneaker minded people don't care about that either.
Sometimes I quote stuff to try and knock you guys perspective out the the niche market of sneaker heads and how small it is compared to the consumer,

But someone always does it for me.

Thank you. 
Ye said it in an interview where his struggle is maintaining popularity on the music side enough to keep his name popular, while also dipping into the 'fashion' world. It goes hand in hand for him. We're not following Yohji's (Y3) life...we just know he designs shoes. Ye got the music side to help with his popularity.
Y-3 is a multi faceted approach and one thats been popular before Kanye decided he did fashion.

Fashion designers making more accessible or fusion based versions of their clothing. In this case, it's Yohji Making sportswear as an adidas sub brand. As athleisure became bigger his shoes became more popular. 

Last edited:
seems like sneakerheads in general and the crowd that hops from hype to hype, usually looking to flip, don't seem to share much in common besides buying shoes so its kinda hard to discuss them together.

Like a Yeezy buyer on the larger scale seems to be treating the shoe as an aspirational item/ or a source of income and doesn't care about who makes he shoe but more who buys it and would hop from Ultra boost to team skechers Go so fast it'd make your head spin in kanye fell out with adidas and made shoes with them and they became hype too

Like I feel like if your reaction to Jordans being more available was to bash the brand instead of just buying what you like with less headache. its different from the dudes hype for the box QS Sb's, some not to wear but just to have.

Last edited:

I mean we will never know for sure, but he has been pretty spot on in the past. that is all.
Yeezy Mafia obviously has some sources within Adidas.  Where they run into problems is when they get small snippets of info, run with them, and denounce people questioning the info.

Bites them in the butt when info they've received is incorrect after they've been combative on it...like on the new 750 being a darker brown than they thought.

Last edited:

I mean we will never know for sure, but he has been pretty spot on in the past. that is all.
They are people in India.

You can tell because they are always asking who's up at like 2 in the afternoon and their English is sometimes broken

whomever it is is one arrogant POS.

Some celebrity had a un-boxing yesterday or the day before, the guy running the YM account was not having it

They are people in India.

You can tell because they are always asking who's up at like 2 in the afternoon and their English is sometimes broken

whomever it is is one arrogant POS.

Some celebrity had a un-boxing yesterday or the day before, the guy running the YM account was not having it
lmfao I did not know that. makes sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom