ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting songs is corny.
Unless your DJ Khaled

tongue.gif
Skiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrttttttttt!

:nthat:  Getting some Good News from DHL.DE  - My package just hadn't left Germany yet. and was lagged from holidays

It will arrive to Fwd House tomorrow in UK! :nthat:  and ALL PARCELFORCE packages got FWD to Royal Mail due to Holiday Traffic

UK Tracking should update within a day or so!

What does your tracking look like? Did it stop on the 24th

Last edited:
UK is playing games. And adidas online store keeps sending me emails catfishing me. Ugh a man just wants to eat his cereal with some hope for the future.

Last edited:
Nike hasn't had a solid release besides the don c's, ovo' s ( hence the shoutout to them in facts) and public school. Maroons sat, holiday 12s sat, and Aqua 8s sat.

You can't say Nike and only talk about hyped Jordan collabs.  From Air Forces to Victor Cruz's and everything in between, there's a substantial amount of dedicated/loyal buyers for a lot of their models. If you get into sportswear and what people are wearing during games it gets even deeper...

My point exactly and I think kanyes too. Adidas had about 8 releases in the last quarter of the year, and all of them sold out instantly.
You also can't compare sell out times for two products with entirely different production numbers. If a grocery store has 100 apples and 10 oranges for the day, it wouldn't mean people didn't like apples if you could still buy them at closing time.  

Nike isn't dumb either and I personally feel they're switching roles on purpose. They caught all types of heat for violence and riots during limited release phase. People said make more and now they are. People are already getting robbed for 750's right out the store and it's only going to get worse.  Every release more and more people get turned off on how petty humans become over materials. It makes Nike look nicer than they really are.

Adidas also has no leverage with the shops selling their products. It's common knowledge that Nike accounts have been taken away due to poor handling of their product(backdooring). Not only that, but they make shops take all the regular GR regular citizen-worn shoes right along with their rarest shoes. Without either, a shoe store struggles to stay afloat. Adidas doesn't have any control at all. Boutiques move 12 units and have to deal with a crashed server for hours on end. Do you really think it's ideal for a shop to have any and all website traffic shut down for 30% profit on the 12 Yeezy units sold on release day?

At the end of the day, Kanye has put out 2 very well received models, some mediocre boots, and a clothing line the majority of humans wouldn't ever buy or wear. It sells out fast, but along with that comes sheep buying things for a form of pseudo social status. It shouldn't matter how coveted a shoe might be or how hard it is to obtain. I can appreciate a clearance sale steal just as much as a player exclusive because at the end of the day I love shoes. I don't value rat race involved to get them. 

Last edited:
Nike hasn't had a solid release besides the don c's, ovo' s ( hence the shoutout to them in facts) and public school. Maroons sat, holiday 12s sat, and Aqua 8s sat.
This statement right here summarizes all the sheep that move wherever the Kanye tells them. 
mean.gif
 ...those 2 releases were actually trash. Chicagos > Adidas as a staff, shoe label and a crew.

Last edited:
This statement right here summarizes all the sheep that move wherever the Kanye tells them. :smh:  ...those 2 releases were actually trash. Chicagos > Adidas as a staff, shoe label and a crew.
Everyone is a die hard Adidas fan now. but before Kanye all they cared about was every sneaker release dropped by Jordan and Nike. I keep it a buck never cared for adidas but I thought the concept was cool and bought into the yezzy collab. They have had cool concepts before but i never cared.It's just like everyone going nuts for Saucony and Asics , I don't care for those brands and unless it's a really sick concept I'm good. Kanye ain't put in the work that Nike did period. Just culture vultures and hype beast.

Last edited:
Sooo if shoes sit they are garbage? I guess every shoe in my closet with the exception of yeezys is garbage. 950's sat so let's not act like every shoe Kanye made has been gold. I never liked Jordan's (hence the name) but comparing Jordan to Kanye's Adidas line at this point is ridiculous. Everyone likes something new and fresh, we will need to see where his line is in 20 years.

Sooo if shoes sit they are garbage? I guess every shoe in my closet with the exception of yeezys is garbage. 950's sat so let's not act like every shoe Kanye made has been gold. I never liked Jordan's (hence the name) but comparing Jordan to Kanye's Adidas line at this point is ridiculous. Everyone likes something new and fresh, we will need to see where his line is in 20 years.
I read up on Hikmet Sugoer's instagram today where he's making a point posting old collabs as a farewell to SB. He mentioned that the 1500GGBs took a week to sell out. Those were really hyped back then (and still are, obviously). I don't get this whole idea that a shoe has to sell out in seconds to be considered a success. It's the same with all the stunting pictures in here that most of the time show overhyped releases in the background or as part of the shot.

Many people only care about sneakers if others care about them. That's why Yeezys or Frag 1s or DonC 2s sell so well because they're sort of the lowest common denominator of what's cool. As long as no one forces me to care about all these overhyped releases, I'm ok with that and focus (mostly) on other things.
wink.gif

I read up on Hikmet Sugoer's instagram today where he's making a point posting old collabs as a farewell to SB. He mentioned that the 1500GGBs took a week to sell out. Those were really hyped back then (and still are, obviously). I don't get this whole idea that a shoe has to sell out in seconds to be considered a success. It's the same with all the stunting pictures in here that most of the time show overhyped releases in the background or as part of the shot.

Many people only care about sneakers if others care about them. That's why Yeezys or Frag 1s or DonC 2s sell so well because they're sort of the lowest common denominator of what's cool. As long as no one forces me to care about all these overhyped releases, I'm ok with that and focus (mostly) on other things.
wink.gif
Hypebeast's took over 
mean.gif
 they will buy everything that is considered "cool". It doesn't even matter if they like the product or not. 

Without the very limited numbers and less hype, a lot of people would think about dropping $350/350€ for the 750s. 

I only have one thing to say on this subject: It's much easier to sell out quicker when your production numbers are a fraction of the competitor's. So I hope his point is in terms of hype when in reference to his yeezy jumping over the jumpman.. 

I only have one thing to say on this subject: It's much easier to sell out quicker when your production numbers are a fraction of the competitor's. So I hope his point is in terms of hype when in reference to his yeezy jumping over the jumpman.. 
exactly, like honestly i dont know how adidas would even handle selling 1 million pairs of one colorway of the 350's i mean of course they would sell out and 10s of millions would be left empty handed but to keep said "hype" around the model they would still need to limit what stores receive them and if you only have lets say 500 doors worldwide getting them thats a massive amount for each store. thats why I think they could handle 100 or 200 thousand but 1 million... nah not happening.

Yep!

You didn't know?

If a shoe doesn't sell out in 20 seconds, it's not cool any more.

new C/W just announced via YTWW sounds like another black/dark c/w releasing in feb

This statement right here summarizes all the sheep that move wherever the Kanye tells them. 
mean.gif
 ...those 2 releases were actually trash. Chicagos > Adidas as a staff, shoe label and a crew.
man 1s are a hype shoe too.  I like the chicago 1s too but , you wilding. 

Checking my inbox for that illuminati invite like everyone else checking for ship confirmations.

:frown:

Reps to Karizma Karizma though he threw an oop on a puma release awhile back.

Last edited:
I got the shipping notification from ADC, but when I try to track the package it cannot find that tracking #

This happening to anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom