ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think this is going to stay limited. At least this colorway.

The best thing that could have happened with the PP was not releasing them beyond the initial yeezy supply drop. It created a negative hype cycle. “Kanye resale dead” “yeezy is over” blah blah. While short term sales grow, long-term brand power decreases. It feels like it’s not cool anymore. By leveraging the Kardashi-sphere they can create a hype machine that’s worth so much more than incremental short term sales. They can own cool. Which is priceless - it’s the tide that raises all the 3 stripe ships.

If they keep this color limited - the hype gets stronger and then they can gr or make other colors more widely available. These are polarizing. Although if the winds of trendiness blow the right way, we could see a lot more classic runner silhouettes. Look at the upcoming Nike x supreme rumors for the streak. I think keeping the covet factor high and the hype even higher is the prudent move. But we’ll see. This is an interesting one.

Limited availability does not make up for mediocre design. Look at the Yeezy boots, those went to deep deep discount because there honestly isn't anything that special about them (I own a pair) but the 350s were revolutionary.

0f51cbe895a0635a48c8451891117535.jpg

I wonder if they plan to release all of these
In for the brown the black and the cream.

Limited availability does not make up for mediocre design. Look at the Yeezy boots, those went to deep deep discount because there honestly isn't anything that special about them (I own a pair) but the 350s were revolutionary.
The boots were not part of the adidas marketing machine. It wasn’t a well executed or coordinated effort. PP initially approach a G in resale - this is a similar story. It’s not a close comparison w the boots. Wex tweeting waves. KK showing adidas yeezg boost boxes. Cmon. This is a different thing.

Quick question...was the rumored "550's" actually just the 350 v2? I thought for sure the 550 was a mid top design.

there were variations to the 350 v2. I think the higher cut of the mids were just rumored at 550's. Pretty sure French Montana is one of the few who actually has the "550's"

I actually think this is going to stay limited. At least this colorway.

The best thing that could have happened with the PP was not releasing them beyond the initial yeezy supply drop. It created a negative hype cycle. “Kanye resale dead” “yeezy is over” blah blah. While short term sales grow, long-term brand power decreases. It feels like it’s not cool anymore. By leveraging the Kardashi-sphere they can create a hype machine that’s worth so much more than incremental short term sales. They can own cool. Which is priceless - it’s the tide that raises all the 3 stripe ships.

If they keep this color limited - the hype gets stronger and then they can gr or make other colors more widely available. These are polarizing. Although if the winds of trendiness blow the right way, we could see a lot more classic runner silhouettes. Look at the upcoming Nike x supreme rumors for the streak. I think keeping the covet factor high and the hype even higher is the prudent move. But we’ll see. This is an interesting one.

The boots were not part of the adidas marketing machine. It wasn’t a well executed or coordinated effort. PP initially approach a G in resale - this is a similar story. It’s not a close comparison w the boots. Wex tweeting waves. KK showing adidas yeezg boost boxes. Cmon. This is a different thing.

On point analysis.

Retro runners are 100% on the resurgence
  1. Nike revived the AM1 shape to its glory (atleast partially)
  2. Atmos is collabing with Nike on AM1 again
  3. 97s are selling out left right and center
  4. Ronnie pushed hard for the Asics Diablo re-release with his Volcano collection
  5. Asics subsequently relaunched the Diablo
  6. Adidas launched the Iniki and 93/17 - both based on retro runners from 3stripes archives
I don't care about resell value tbh. and actually hope that these rerelease - especially if I guessed wrong with sizing (I went .5 up since all runners fit narrow for me).
that said, I think alot of people are kidding themselves if they think they aren't going to be wearing dad shoes come 2018. When you have the biggest tastemakers pushing for something, it's bound to take hold.

I mean let's be serious, did you really think you'd be wearing peasant moccasins/elf shoes in 2015 up until now?

Retro runners are 100% on the resurgence
  1. Nike revived the AM1 shape to its glory (atleast partially)
  2. Atmos is collabing with Nike on AM1 again
  3. 97s are selling out left right and center
  4. Ronnie pushed hard for the Asics Diablo re-release with his Volcano collection
  5. Asics subsequently relaunched the Diablo
  6. Adidas launched the Iniki and 93/17 - both based on retro runners from 3stripes archives
I don't care about resell value tbh. and actually hope that these rerelease - especially if I guessed wrong with sizing (I went .5 up since all runners fit narrow for me).
that said, I think alot of people are kidding themselves if they think they aren't going to be wearing dad shoes come 2018.

I mean let's be serious, did you really think you'd be wearing peasant moccasins in 2015 up until now?
Spot on.
Point 7.

Imo these 700s runners are better than a vast majority of his releases.

I love that runners are getting love.

Just makes me upset since all the beasts will flock to the runner side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom