ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is true, but being a collector, I do personally care. I feel that the hunt for the shoes you want (at a price you want to pay) is part of the fun of being a collector. I can see that a lot of the new collectors don't care about this though, which is why resell prices have jumped up so much in recent years.
Cause we're committed sneakerheads here , we're not the majority and much more wealthy people is in the game and trust me SOME of them didn't became wealthy expending 1K on sneakers 

Cause we're committed sneakerheads here , we're not the majority and much more wealthy people is in the game and trust me SOME of them didn't became wealthy expending 1K on sneakers 
I think a true sneakerhead dont care only about the sneaker, the material, the quality. Theres a history behind every shoe thats simply doesnt come with a fake pair (maybe you can had sucess in the shopping mall with a fake pair... but this is not exactly what a sneakerhead want)..

In my opinion, btw. 
pimp.gif

I think a true sneakerhead dont care only about the sneaker, the material, the quality. Theres a history behind every shoe thats simply doesnt come with a fake pair (maybe you can had sucess in the shopping mall with a fake pair... but this is not exactly what a sneakerhead want)..

In my opinion, btw. 
pimp.gif
I meant that 

by your rationale, all trades have winners and losers.

trading shoes is now a game where you can lose or win?

what happened to trading for what you want?
People want to see market money hitting their shelves and a good ig stunt hahaha 

I believe I am into sneakers (700)+ pairs

I dont think i can call myself a "sneakerhead"

I am doing extremely well (prefer not to call myself "wealthy")

I will never pay over retail for any shoe

I think Adidas is forcing some peoples hands:

You produce 10K or whatever zebras, Fell asleep on release morning.

I 'm not going to pay those stupid resell prices.

For the first time in my life Ive seriously spent a few days looking at a ton of fakes.

No lie, these companies are going to cash in.

They fix every tell with a new iteration

The only loser is Adidas.

All that fake shoe revenue lost

Last edited:

I believe I am into sneakers (700)+ pairs

I dont think i can call myself a "sneakerhead"

I am doing extremely well (prefer not to call myself "wealthy")

I will never pay over retail for any shoe

I think Adidas is forcing some peoples hands:

You produce 10K or whatever zebras, Fell asleep on release morning.

I 'm not going to pay those stupid resell prices.

For the first time in my life Ive seriously spent a few days looking at a ton of fakes.

No lie, these companies are going to cash in.

They fix every tell with a new iteration

The only loser is Adidas.

All that fake shoe revenue lost
I believe that even though there is a lot of forgone revenue, there must be some sort of brand recognition/internal goodwill being generated that is offsetting the lost profits. Let's not forget that at the end of the day, Adidas is a business, so I'm sure they've had their analysts/accountants run the numbers. There surely is value being built elsewhere in order for them to proceed with this business decision.

Last edited:
It mean I could do it , but I wouldn't forgive myself ... 1k is a round trip to Japan and I'd be left with some change 

Seriously bro....same here. Funny how we forget what other things a rack can get you. Thanks for the reminder :lol:

I believe that even though there is a lot of forgone revenue, there must be some sort of brand recognition/internal goodwill being generated that is offsetting the lost profits. Let's not forget that at the end of the day, Adidas is a business, so I'm sure they've had their analysts/accountants run the numbers. There surely is value being built elsewhere in order for them to proceed with this business decision.
This..  It's difficult to put a number on the good will generated from having limited released.

I have been for the longest totally against buying and paying resale prices on shoes.  But after landing the bred for retail and experiencing Boosts..  I flipped a couple of pairs of Balenciaga Arena's I no longer have use for in order to cop a pair of Chocolate 750's.  Adidas especially with the Yeezy..  Is now (to me) a bridge between regular sneakers and high-end sneakers.  For better or worse.  Without these limited releases my view on Adidas wouldn't have progressed to where it is now.

I agree on the brand value 100%

I don't know whos running numbers for them though.

If I could sell 500K zebras and I only sold 10K; I just cant see what the thought process is on that.

I get it, its all in the hype; but at what point do you stop giving resellers the money and just make more shoes

wings 12s, '88 wc3s, and 2012 bred 11s, all DS for DS zebras...whos winning?
zebras in my eyes

i grew up rocking js and they are what got me into sneakers

but they dead to me now, the nostalgia is ruined/gone

sold almost all of my js and nikes (minus a handful of favorites) this past year to fund boost addiction and havent looked back

I agree on the brand value 100%

I don't know whos running numbers for them though.

If I could sell 500K zebras and I only sold 10K; I just cant see what the thought process is on that.

I get it, its all in the hype; but at what point do you stop giving resellers the money and just make more shoes

It's such a catch 22....It's about finding the right balance to create the frenzy, make it so the product is an instant sell out, but then also invest the hype into future releases. Adidas is doing all of the above right now to a tee.

Last edited:
there's no right answer.  you start making more like nike did with jordans, everyone calls them dead or say ohhhh the hype is gone.  you make too little, everyone complains that there's not enough.  it's literally impossible to win - look at what happened with OG NMD re-release this year -  you went from ppl complaining that there weren't enough to saying they're too common now.

IMO if someone is willing cop/rock fakes, they're not truly into sneakers.

Last edited:

by your rationale, all trades have winners and losers.

trading shoes is now a game where you can lose or win?

what happened to trading for what you want?
TBH, i like shoes on both sides of the trade but i'm more so seeing what would have the higher resell value/ease of selling down the road since i wont be wearing any of these. 

My pair of Zebras just came in from StockX. I even bought a UV flashlight before my pair came in. I posted multiple pics in the LC thread.

It's crazy those rep spots already fixed that uv light thing :x  

Man the only noticeable difference between the real and the fakes are the back heel area and the pull tab. From the side, the heel is more angled and slanted as it curves up on the real ones. These guys have all the original materials from the Adidas factories it looks like :smh:

Last edited:
Man the only noticeable difference between the real and the fakes are the back heel area and the pull tab. From the side, the heel is more angled and slanted as it curves up on the real ones. These guys have all the original materials from the Adidas factories it looks like :smh:

They will fix all those problems soon

I think NK could change the name of the thread to: ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 FAKE THREAD.

:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom