ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Barneys pairs have been backdoored to NT yeezy thread members
roll.gif

Last edited:
I know we've all moved onto Zebra talk in this thread, but I just UNDS my Powerphases from the Barney's raffle (which from what I understand, was more of a "sign up if you want shoes" procedure than an actual raffle
laugh.gif
) today and wanted to share some thoughts.

Fit: Despite having normal width feet, I absolutely had to go .5 up just like on my V2s (size 11). I'm not quite sure why common consensus is TTS for the PP, because my toes were ramming the front of the toebox on the 10.5s I also had and were starting to ache after only a couple of hours of wear. So for anyone on the fence, I definitely recommend .5 up.

Materials: Some serious quality leather for a $120 shoe, but most people know that by now. Very thin in the toebox/side panels. Certainly no CP replacements, but definitely a step above your typical Stan Smiths. I can't wait to see how they age a year or two for now.

There seem to be a number of QC control issues out there though (mine had lots of extra glue I picked off and a dented toebox on the right shoe), so just be mindful of that.

Comfort: Obviously won't compare to anything with Boost, so expect something on par with Stan Smiths, CP, or just about any other leather trainer out there. Pretty par for course.

Overall I'm thrilled with the purchase as I dig the late 80's/early 90's trainer aesthetic, and I'm glad these are cheap on the resale market so that anyone that truly wants them can pick a pair up. I plan to wear them to the ground until the Yeezy Runners come out later this year, so I'll post some updated pics once they start looking worn in. 
wink.gif

Last edited:
I'm not saying you don't dig em, but it seems like everybody digs this style now all of a sudden
Very fair point, but for my personal taste I've been a fan of Stan Smiths, Greats, CPs, Epaulet, and other clean retro-styled trainers for a few years now. Though I must admit I'm glad it's becoming a current trend; I've enjoyed the release of the Gel Diablos and now these (wanted them since the first reveal before the surprise YS drop). I'll ride the wave while it's here and still enjoy them well after it's gone.

Last edited:
i feel like its because not many ppl know about barneys raffle, SNS made too much noise about their ****. 

I agree. It's always a hot topic here at NT but it seems like the secret isn't out yet. Hey, better chances for us:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom