ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my solar 2's and military 4's the same day
happy.gif

Really weird how Theophilus London got so buddy buddy with kanye's camp. As of a year and a half ago he was just a London rapper with a really nice Air Jordan collection
its probably because him and Kanye have a lot of common interests

Last edited:

its actually the exact opposite

Nike drops their shoes in tiers so that when you miss out on the high profile shoe, you settle on the lower tier shoe

It's why when there's high profile Jordan releases, there is usually a NSW release that comes out the same day in a similar Colorway.

Not that the Infrareds need any help to sell tho. But the people who miss out on a proposed Yeezy retro will just go harder for the infrareds.

Besides, Retros and Yeezys aren't about the money for Nike. They are about brand image and having a certain number people miss out so they're even hungrier for the next release.
which is sooooo Phyucked up.. I would love to own a yeezy.. but not for the price of a decent used car. but because I'm not Jay z or a basketball player or a big time rapper.. I'm never going to get a chance to get a legit pair.

I bought my solar 2's and military 4's the same day :D

Really weird how Theophilus London got so buddy buddy with kanye's camp. As of a year and a half ago he was just a London rapper with a really nice Air Jordan collection

But he is from Brooklyn...do ya googles

which is sooooo Phyucked up.. I would love to own a yeezy.. but not for the price of a decent used car. but because I'm not Jay z or a basketball player or a big time rapper.. I'm never going to get a chance to get a legit pair.
I had "chance" to cop multiple pairs when the yeezy 2 released, if I didnt have them I would sell 10 retro jordans to get one of the yeezy's without any regrets .they are so dope

I was looking at the hypothetical at this angle: that Nike would drop an equal  (or more) amount of Yeezy's as they do the Jordans (in this case the Infrareds) which won't happen

some dudes were talking about Nike releasing them in mass for profit among other things. If you could get one or the other, which one would you get? Its really about juggling your options

Besides, Retros and Yeezys aren't about the money for Nike. They are about brand image and having a certain number people miss out so they're even hungrier for the next release.​
nahhh man not all Retros are limited drops, but it goes without saying they are more widely available

Yeezys - yes, thats not even profit for Nike, just them flexing their muscle

nahhh man not all Retros are limited drops, but it goes without saying they are more widely available

Yeezys - yes, thats not even profit for Nike, just them flexing their muscle
100k plus isn't limited.. it just demand is more... 3k-5k is limited.. 

Someone stated... Limited drops are not for profit.. its more marketing and advertising ploy..

Owning the rights to the Yeezy catalog is Nike's way of saying i have the Big Joker in hand,, and they can play it at any point the choose, and at some point they will play that hand...  its just a matter of time..  But whenever they do decide to play that hand  it will shut down anything in its path, unless Adidas Yeezi is truly ground breaking.. i.e. nike yeezy...

we'll have to wait and see.. its few sneakers  if any in my years of collecting thats more sought after.. it will take a grandiose effort on Adidas and Kayne to knock them from the top.. IMO

Last edited:
its kinda funny but if these yeezis look basura then its a flop for ye and wont he look and feel grimey....big black friday....every retailers dream to make it big till christmas...

Owning the rights to the Yeezy catalog is Nike's way of saying i have the Big Joker in hand,, and they can play it at any point the choose, and at some point they will play that hand...  its just a matter of time..  But whenever they do decide to play that hand  it will shut down anything in its path, unless Adidas Yeezi is truly ground breaking.. i.e. nike yeezy...

we'll have to wait and see.. its few sneakers  if any in my years of collecting thats more sought after.. it will take a grandiose effort on Adidas and Kayne to knock them from the top.. IMO
Nike is too incredibly popular in the U.S. but Adidas will probably ruffle their feathers a bit. Competition is a great thing- but anyway

Likely the  next yeezi or whatever it is thats produced will be limited but the market value on the resale won't be as ridiculous because it'll be next to all the other more widely available adidas with Kanye's name on it. I don't know and I'm no expert, but it probably won't be as expensive as Nike's Yeezys on the resale market for plenty of reasons. 

Side note: I think a lot of "nike-only" people give Kanye wayyyy too little credit on both the Yeezy's. They act like Nike was wholly responsible for the design of the shoe when Kanye's sketch of the 2's were very close to the final design with minor adjustments. It is definitely HIS design and an insult to discredit him for his work put into the final product. If an Adidas x Kanye shoe is considered ugly and is poorly received, its the same thing. It would not be Adidas fault, but Kanye's.

I had "chance" to cop multiple pairs when the yeezy 2 released, if I didnt have them I would sell 10 retro jordans to get one of the yeezy's without any regrets .they are so dope
my only response to that is #RICHLIFE!!! as i have a better chance of winning the powerball before i could ever get a pair of air yeezy's at retail.. you litterally had to camp for weeks or live for twitter and just have a phone near by when you eat sleep defecate brush your teeth drive to work to school your grilfriends house to know the RO's were releasing..lol

Nike is too incredibly popular in the U.S. but Adidas will probably ruffle their feathers a bit. Competition is a great thing- but anyway

Likely the  next yeezi or whatever it is thats produced will be limited but the market value on the resale won't be as ridiculous because it'll be next to all the other more widely available adidas with Kanye's name on it. I don't know and I'm no expert, but it probably won't be as expensive as Nike's Yeezys on the resale market for plenty of reasons. 

Side note: I think a lot of "nike-only" people give Kanye wayyyy too little credit on both the Yeezy's. They act like Nike was wholly responsible for the design of the shoe when Kanye's sketch of the 2's were very close to the final design with minor adjustments. It is definitely HIS design and an insult to discredit him for his work put into the final product. If an Adidas x Kanye shoe is considered ugly and is poorly received, its the same thing. It would not be Adidas fault, but Kanye's.
i hope theses yeezi 3's are

1.) fire

2.) released to the masses

3.) not 500 retail something like 180-200 would be great

4.) number 2 repeatedly to supply the demand

funny thing is it all depends on 1
laugh.gif
you are right.. they better not be some loafers or anything but i think kanye will make something that looks "nike" ish but people will like them because its a nice shoe.. i cant buy shoes for hype purposes.. if they look like some wallaby's or something.. im clowning..lol

funny thing is it all depends on 1 :lol:
you are right.. they better not be some loafers or anything but i think kanye will make something that looks "nike" ish but people will like them because its a nice shoe.. i cant buy shoes for hype purposes.. if they look like some wallaby's or something.. im clowning..lol

i mean they should have spread some pics by now but adidas got a weird way of promoting. i remember when the yeezy 2 was being shown and photograpped like almost year in advance. Are these yeezis so ugly that they will just pop up? or are they heat that they will tun our heads unexpectedly? the anticipation

my only response to that is #RICHLIFE!!! as i have a better chance of winning the powerball before i could ever get a pair of air yeezy's at retail.. you litterally had to camp for weeks or live for twitter and just have a phone near by when you eat sleep defecate brush your teeth drive to work to school your grilfriends house to know the RO's were releasing..lol
you are right ,but Im from Paris and it was easier here.
We camped for 3 days me and my little team before they gave us wristbands on wednesday ,I thought one of each cw would be allowed by person but the Nike store Paris wanted to let more people the chance to buy them so I ended with 4 pairs instead of 8.
I was a little mad about it the next day so I called every stores in europe that released the yeezy 2 thinking that a 150$ ticket plane was worth it .
Nike stadium milan in Italy answered my call on friday ,the girl told me that they had 48 pairs in stock and there was only 16/18 people in line at 6 PM and that they release the shoes at midnight !! Unfortunately it was too late to go there...
All this story to tell you that there is/was  some places where it way easier and some sneakerheads don't hesitate to take planes to cop heats, I remember a NYC guy camped with us for the galaxy foamposite.

PS.excuse my english

i hope theses yeezi 3's are

1.) fire

2.) released to the masses

3.) not 500 retail something like 180-200 would be great

4.) number 2 repeatedly to supply the demand
1 is very possible, all stannery aside the guy never failed at designing shoes so far

Last edited:
you are right ,but Im from Paris and it was easier here.

We camped for 3 days me and my little team before they gave us wristbands on wednesday ,I thought one of each cw would be allowed by person but the Nike store Paris wanted to let more people the chance to buy them so I ended with 4 pairs instead of 8.

I was a little mad about it the next day so I called every stores in europe that released the yeezy 2 thinking that a 150$ ticket plane was worth it .

Nike stadium milan in Italy answered my call on friday ,the girl told me that they had 48 pairs in stock and there was only 16/18 people in line at 6 PM and that they release the shoes at midnight !! Unfortunately it was too late to go there...

All this story to tell you that there is/was  some places where it way easier and some sneakerheads don't hesitate to take planes to cop heats, I remember a NYC guy camped with us for the galaxy foamposite.

PS.excuse my english

You don't think you got it with 4 pairs no?

View media item 1261823
:smh: You should be grateful, most people worldwide couldn't get 1 pair.

View media item 1261821
Excuse my French.

|I

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom