ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got impatient and caved into eBay and bought a 10 for $1,350. Yeah it's too much for some people but I had the cash and just did it! Shipping tomorrow. So now I'm just glad the hunt is over! I can go on with life haha. Also forgot to mention... I pulled the trigger for $1,350 at a sneaker event then sold off some shoes I'll get later if I want and made $800 back so the pain isn't too bad lol

1350 ain't looking that bad now, especially when there's a 50/50 chance this is the last release

1350 ain't looking that bad now, especially when there's a 50/50 chance this is the last release
I had that same mindset because Friday night I lost to auctions that ended at 1150 and then Saturday prices jumped to 1250-1400 so I said dang it!!!! Should've just bought the night before and save money but now I'm sure today prices jumped another $200 lol I haven't checked tho

I had that same mindset because Friday night I lost to auctions that ended at 1150 and then Saturday prices jumped to 1250-1400 so I said dang it!!!! Should've just bought the night before and save money but now I'm sure today prices jumped another $200 lol I haven't checked tho
yup, especially long term with no rerelease they will go for way more.

Oh my god, stop paying over retail!!!
stop whining

Are any of you familiar with the halloween costumes MAGs that released in november? They sold out of immediately and were selling on ebay for 3x retail. Two weeks later, they restocked and again sold out immediately. Three weeks later, another release and another sell out. Finally, resellers, who were buying up 90% of the inventory took a hint and realized that they were going to make as many as they could to meet the demand and make mo' money, money, money. Adidas is in the same boat; they didn't throw money at kanye so that they could sell 10k pairs, 95% of which would be bought by resellers. They want to sell 100k pairs, 200k pairs! They want to make everyone happy with their first pair so that when they release the other dozen colorways they can sell 100k pairs of those as well. That's reality. Any of you that are paying a dime over retail need to chill out; have a little patience. Adidas is NOT nike! If you're paying $500 or $1000 now you're going to feel like a real dope a few months down the road...

View media item 1426617

Trust kids just be patient....like I said before much like the Prism before and now the Xeno the release will be staggered...

On anotha note and this might have been answered but the thread is moving fast...what happened to dude that said his Champs got 800 (or maybe 400) pairs??8)

Trust kids just be patient....like I said before much like the Prism before and now the Xeno the release will be staggered...

On anotha note and this might have been answered but the thread is moving fast...what happened to dude that said his Champs got 800 (or maybe 400) pairs??
glasses.gif
I think he killed himself. 
roll.gif

Are any of you familiar with the halloween costumes MAGs that released in november? They sold out of immediately and were selling on ebay for 3x retail. Two weeks later, they restocked and again sold out immediately. Three weeks later, another release and another sell out. Finally, resellers, who were buying up 90% of the inventory took a hint and realized that they were going to make as many as they could to meet the demand and make mo' money, money, money. Adidas is in the same boat; they didn't throw money at kanye so that they could sell 10k pairs, 95% of which would be bought by resellers. They want to sell 100k pairs, 200k pairs! They want to make everyone happy with their first pair so that when they release the other dozen colorways they can sell 100k pairs of those as well. That's reality. Any of you that are paying a dime over retail need to chill out; have a little patience. Adidas is NOT nike! If you're paying $500 or $1000 now you're going to feel like a real dope a few months down the road...
You're right.  Adidas is WORST than Nike. 

Last edited:
Not sure why its so hard for people to understand when Adidas themselves said their limited and Kanye pretty much confirmed that in his last interview. Guess it doesn't hurt to continue being optimistic and hopeful 

how is this worse? patience is key
Adidas is worst cause they botched this release.  And the patience you are talking about is a theory which has been pretty much killed in this thread.  I would love for it to restock, but if you add the pieces together, it doesn't sound like that will happen

Why do you really need to pay $1500 on these RIGHT NOW?

Do you need these shoes at this very moment?

Why not hold on to your $1500 like a smart young man and wait 3-4 months down the line and re-assess the situation on what your budget for this shoe should be. Because like everyone says, these are going to get released again and again and again.

Last edited:
You're comparing Adidas to Universal Studios who by the way probably doesn't know much about the shoe market. They probably just kept restocking them because they were a good seller, its not like they wanted to generate hype or they have another limited hot shoe coming out next. This is it for Universal Studios as far as sneakers go. 

Prism and Xeno's are part of Adidas own line where the actual shoe itself is produced a lot. But Yeezy Boost is not your average flux's. Who knows, maybe they will stagger release more, but its not like in those restocks you'll have a good opportunity to get yourself a pair. 

Why not hold on to your $1500 like a smart young man and wait 3-4 months down the line and re-assess the situation on what your budget for this shoe should be. Because like everyone says, these are going to get released again and again and again.
Rep'd

But logic and NT don't mix bruh

Gotta let them learn the hard way.

Why should people have to wait? I don't get it. I for one wont be spending resell but if people want to, than let them. You dont know if they will be released again and again, and if they does it matter? people couldn't get them now. I see why people would want to cop now at 1k+, rather than wait and be 'patient'  only to possibly pay Y2 prices down the line.

Let people live

NYC CL was a decent place to look if you were in NYC but not anymore. Full of scammers now. Forget fakes, there are so many untagged pictures of authentic pairs going around, these dudes are setting people up left and right. Be careful out there.

Why should people have to wait? I don't get it. I for one wont be spending resell but if people want to, than let them. You dont know if they will be released again and again, and if they does it matter? people couldn't get them now. I see why people would want to cop now at 1k+, rather than wait and be 'patient'  only to possibly pay Y2 prices down the line.

Let people live
THIS. Very this. 

Just face the fact your not getting these for retail guys. With every failed release resell price goes up and so does demand. I know guys buying for 700-800 the first drop in NYC. That was the time to buy. Everyone thought they were a gr back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom