ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

the same old song is sung. Theres no way to stop resell or to get these company to produce more. We are a small voice, just because we as a NT community can band together doesn't mean the entire sneaker community will follow suit. 
Keep thinking that way.. Great way to change things up.

Keep thinking that way.. Great way to change things up.
its like this is the same limited release thread, always crybabies and whiners in the aftermath trying to stop the resell system. I hate it just as much as the next person but saying it and doing it yourself with a few other members is not strong enough to stop it. You either carry on or stay a crybaby. Only one is beneficial. 

the same old song is sung. Theres no way to stop resell or to get these company to produce more. We are a small voice, just because we as a NT community can band together doesn't mean the entire sneaker community will follow suit. 

nt can't even band together lol

dudes acting like 800 is a good price, the brain wash is too strong

supply and demand tho, the price is what it is

nt can't even band together lol

dudes acting like 800 is a good price, the brain wash is too strong

supply and demand tho, the price is what it is
yeah exactly, it would be a different story if you were able to come up on something limited and someone is offering you $1k profit, not so loud then.

I used to complain all the time about it, but eventually your small voice grows tired because as 3 members refusing to pay resell, there will be 10 others willing to pay that price they are comfortable with to get something that makes them feel happy. Eventually you gotta move on.

Yeah. You know dudes ain't thinking right when in their head a shoe that's almost 400 after tax that 1000 is a steal for it lol

Or better yet when the red yeezys dropped that 3k was a steal :lol: shoes that everyone who got paid retail for. Not like shops were taxing or making you buy something extra or you had to camp. Nope

It was the craze of the Yeezy 1 that started all of this.

I mean some Jordan models were coveted and sold pretty high

but not on the level of the first Yeezy.

I remember the day after release and they were well over $500.

In comparison I bought DS Jordan1 and Jordan 2 for $75 that same week on ebay.

Bin Jordans weren't even going for over $600 back then.

Resale unfortunately is a necessary evil for some. Some, like myself doesn't live in a market to get the releases they are interested in. If it wasn't for the secondary market I wouldn't have most of my favorite sneakers I have and enjoy. Would I rather pay retail? Of course. If I really like a shoe and I can pay the premium...I do. If you can't wrap your head around spending so much on a shoe perhaps this culture isn't for you. The majority of the population thinks it is crazy to have dozens of shoes...or even paying retail for a shoe that costs "pennies" to make. There is something in every hobby that people outside looking in can't fathom. If you don't want to pay more than sticker price then do that, but save your breathe if you think you can talk anyone into spending their money how they want.

Now if any of you guys that are so judgmental of others about paying "retail or bust" want to help me get releases for retail I am forever paypal ready.

Last edited:
It was the craze of the Yeezy 1 that started all of this.

I mean some Jordan models were coveted and sold pretty high

but not on the level of the first Yeezy.

I remember the day after release and they were well over $500.

In comparison I bought DS Jordan1 and Jordan 2 for $75 that same week on ebay.

Bin Jordans weren't even going for over $600 back then.

I paid $500 for the Zens a day after release and was sick about it lol.

I personally have said hell no to paying resale for ANY YeezyxAdidas drop, but that's a loss opportunity that I am willing to take (retail or no-sale EVER). I can't argue with other people about how they feel regarding the issue. My only advice is to do what you and your finances agree upon.

I couldn't hand my ROs off fast enough for 6k.
laugh.gif
 dude got lucky to be honest. He sold them to a player on the ********, and he didn't know beforehand. Also bought him lunch after lol

Resale unfortunately is a necessary evil for some. Some, like myself doesn't live in a market to get the releases they are interested in. If it wasn't for the secondary market I wouldn't have most of my favorite sneakers I have and enjoy. Would I rather pay retail? Of course. If I really like a shoe and I can pay the premium...I do. If you can't wrap your head around spending so much on a shoe perhaps this culture isn't for you. The majority of the population thinks it is crazy to have dozens of shoes...or even paying retail for a shoe that costs "pennies" to make. There is something in every hobby that people outside looking in can't fathom. If you don't want to pay more than sticker price then do that, but save your breathe if you think you can talk anyone into spending their money how they want.

Now if any of you guys that are so judgmental of others about paying "retail or bust" want to help me get releases for retail I am forever paypal ready.
With all due respect (sincerely), it's guys like you that feed the situation and make "retail or busters" lives harder (through no fault of your own). That's why they come down so heavily on you guys. I see the benefit of the resale market, just as much as I recognize it's liabilities. The long and short of it is; we all need run our own race regarding this topic.

Last edited:
I think peoples value system in today's world in certain ways, right now, is heading in the complete wrong direction. To think that spending anywhere from $800-$1500 on a SHOE is a good deal is ridiculous. I understand wanting something really bad, especially a sneaker considering how much I appreciate sneaker design. If people had more patience and waited, those resell prices would certainly go down. With that patience, those thinking about paying that much for a shoe, can look back from the future and realize their lives aren't any better for having a shoe. In fact think of all the other awesome things you could do with $800-$1500!! You could go on an fantastic vacation, go to cedar point multiple times, go skydiving, learn to play an instrument, etc. The possibilities are endless. You buy a shoe, you got exactly that. A shoe. Some piece of leather that wont last a life time. A piece of rubber that will certainly breakdown. In the end, just some worthless material possession. Its human experiences that last a lifetime. If your someone who can wipe your *** with $800-$1500and you value that, then cool, good for you.  I don't think most people here can afford that. People should relax and realize they can't get EVERY shoe that comes out. You WILL miss out on certain shoe releases. That's the way the game is right now. Shoes aren't that important. .A $1500 shoe won't change your life. However, spending that $1500 on a life experience certainly could!! Take some deep breathes and move on...

I understand why you need to pay retail and I was on board with you until the red part.  I have many shoes that cost me 4 digits, NONE of them say ADIDAS or NIKE on them for a reason.

Sorry to kill some of your Yeezy Boost dreams, but adidas already stated clearly on their website that the 750s were limited edition. If that few boutiques received that few of pairs for yesterday's release, there's no way they would even get close to a GR with these shoes. All of you who keep banking on countless restocks, sorry but I don't think it's going to happen.

I don't think they will restock but this argument doesn't make sense. A GR is still "limited edition", limited meaning they only make a certain amount of shoes. 300k of these could be produced and still be "limited edition" because they aren't just sitting on adidas website and in every Champs and Footlocker every day of the year. They would have to be equivalent to Chucks for them not to be a "limited edition" release.

Anddddd to all the cats in here saying "Re-Stock"

They're the same people still waiting for Nike to "RESTOCK" Yeezys on Nike-

Adidas doesn't care if you didn't get a pair ! On to the next Yeezy -

Buy what you want if you can afford it... Be smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom