ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must not see other brands that sell plain tees fpr high prices, like helmut lang, or premium co.
Those brands plain tee's are high prices but limited as well. Especially Premium Co, I mess with T By AW, they are more widely available and can't be found at sale prices at times. Ye' is as usual pushing that envelope.

Last edited:
I had already posted that the boots were going to cost more than the 750 boost

because that is how high fashion goes, but I was thinking $400-$425.

$500 for some duck boots.  Adidas doesn't realize that this is urban high fashion?

For that price I need these hand crafted in old world Europe somewhere.

Since I didn't get my Yeezy Boost I had already decided that the rest of the collection was dead to me anyway.

Money saved and time to move on to another brand.

$500 for some duck boots.  Adidas doesn't realize that this is urban high fashion?

Since I didn't get my Yeezy Boost I had already decided that the rest of the collection was dead to me anyway.

Back to nike bruh lol

It's not high fashion, sportswear silhouettes have become popular in high fashion and this collection was made at the same time.

This is literally buying a higher priced version of something you guys inspired and its kinda funny. 

We've all noticed timberlands were not 190 bucks the last time they were popular.

Last edited:
You can have your "high fashion". I'll keep my "mucho" money. 200.00 for a fashionable adidas, Ye, or whatever you want to call it hoodie would be plenty fair. People are really justifying a hoodie that costs ~75.00 more than the shoes most agreed were semi-over priced. I'm a Ye stan, but I'm not foolish with my cash. If they come back to earth during season 2 I will be back on board. I'm not really expecting it though

Thanks again for everyone's kind words and opinions. This is the last I'll say in regards to the ring since I don't want to further detail the thread...

I spent what I spent because it is what I had noticed she liked and most likely wanted. She is the type of girl that would be happy with a $5 ring and love me just the same. The engagement ring was my decision and I understand that many believe diamonds are a waste of money, not as precious or rare as they are promoted as being, etc... At the end of the day they are still a commodity. I would've spent this amount regardless of boosts 750's or not, at some point. I always knew I would pay 2 months pay on the ring. The reason I shared in this thread is because this release played an unexpected part in my decision. Also like other members have said, this is for her, not me. I can't even count how many times she has supported my crazy sneaker hobby. I'm sure she doesn't agree with every purchase or the amount of sneakers I own, but at the end of the day she has always supported me and my hobbies.

She would be happy with a $5 ring, but she deserves the best. The best I can give her is 10k right now. If 2 months equalled more she would have it. Tacori is name brand and carries hype... So does Yeezy branded stuff. Did I over pay due to the hype the brand carries? Probably. Is it really my place to judge something she likes and try to justify finding a deal just because there are other options? No.

She didn't hesitate to give me 1k for overpriced Sneakers, the inflated price didn't drive her to try and sway me towards some SLP's or MMM... Or even some $25 sneakers, because hey at the end of the day they are just shoes...

She has seen me pay inflated prices for sneakers made at sweatshops... I felt comfortable dropping what I did on a hand crafted ring (made in the USA) and a certified diamond for her, inflated price or not. She deserves it.

Sorry for the wall of text. That is the last time I'll post in regards to the ring. Thanks for support, opinions, and guidance. I'll make a post in the general forum when I figure out the proposal.

Last edited:
11, they run narrow IMO, I usually wear a 10.5 but I listened to the thread saying full size down, copped a 10, and my right foot wants to kick my *** for that decision

wait, you're a 10.5 usually and a size 10 hurt you? Sounds like you got the odd foot, everybody i know who sized down .5 size has no problem being too tight, even some who sized down a whole size. NOBODY should be contemplating sizing down 1.5 sizes unless you want to have bondage feet.

Repped and that is where the disconnect is stemming from. Yes, they see that there is a niche market of urban consumers that are willing to pay premium price, but they are now pricing the majoirty of us out. Even if it is affordable, they are crossing that threshold.

The only thing is, unlike Nike, they don't have any other products to offer. Their wave was short lived.

Thanks again for everyone's kind words and opinions. This is the last I'll say in regards to the ring since I don't want to further detail the thread...
no need to justify yourself man. link in here later too. i rarely venture into general. best of luck!

Urban? What makes it "urban" high fashion? Ohhh because Kanye is black? You sound foolish

Repped and that is where the disconnect is stemming from. Yes, they see that there is a niche market of urban consumers that are willing to pay premium price, but they are now pricing the majoirty of us out. Even if it is affordable, they are crossing that threshold.

The only thing is, unlike Nike, they don't have any other products to offer. Their wave was short lived.

You also sound foolish

:rofl:

Yall tripping man

Urban? What makes it "urban" high fashion? Ohhh because Kanye is black? You sound foolish
You also sound foolish

:rofl:

Yall tripping man

No you sound foolish .... Not all of us in here are Adidas supporters. They had an oppotunity to grab consumers from Nike and lost their shot, well at least with me they did. Who wants to go another duck hunt pursuit again?

Meaning, they didn't provide an option for us buyers that did not obtain the Yeezy Boost, where as if you miss a release with Nike, you save your money and perhaps shoot for your grails. Yes, while Nike may not be getting revenue from secondary market sales, the name stays relevant and the person wearing them assist in marketing the brand.

I spent what I spent because it is what I had noticed she liked and most likely wanted. She is the type of girl that would be happy with a $5 ring and love me just the same. The engagement ring was my decision and I understand that many believe diamonds are a waste of money, not as precious or rare as they are promoted as being, etc... At the end of the day they are still a commodity. I would've spent this amount regardless of boosts 750's or not, at some point. I always knew I would pay 2 months pay on the ring. The reason I shared in this thread is because this release played an unexpected part in my decision. Also like other members have said, this is for her, not me. I can't even count how many times she has supported my crazy sneaker hobby. I'm sure she doesn't agree with every purchase or the amount of sneakers I own, but at the end of the day she has always supported me and my hobbies.

She would be happy with a $5 ring, but she deserves the best. The best I can give her is 10k right now. If 2 months equalled more she would have it. Tacori is name brand and carries hype... So does Yeezy branded stuff. Did I over pay due to the hype the brand carries? Probably. Is it really my place to judge something she likes and try to justify finding a deal just because there are other options? No.

She didn't hesitate to give me 1k for overpriced Sneakers, the inflated price didn't drive her to try and sway me towards some SLP's or MMM... Or even some $25 sneakers, because hey at the end of the day they are just shoes...

She has seen me pay inflated prices for sneakers made at sweatshops... I felt comfortable dropping what I did on a hand crafted ring (made in the USA) and a certified diamond for her, inflated price or not. She deserves it.

Sorry for the wall of text. That is the last time I'll post in regards to the ring. Thanks for support, opinions, and guidance. I'll make a post in the general forum when I figure out the proposal.
Congrats man.  People in here believe shoes are a commodity and diamonds aren't.  You made the right choice all the best to you and your lady

No you sound foolish .... Not all of us in here are Adidas supporters. They had an oppotunity to grab consumers from Nike and lost their shot, well at least with me they did. Who wants to go another duck hunt pursuit again?

Meaning, they didn't provide an option for us buyers that did not obtain the Yeezy Boost, where as if you miss a release with Nike, you save your money and perhaps shoot for your grails. Yes, while Nike may not be getting revenue from secondary market sales, the name stays relevant and the person wearing them assist in marketing the brand.
you are a clown. get out of your little bubble kid

Nothing you're saying makes sense, and you just admitted to being a Nike Fanboy. :rofl:

Me Foolish? Adidas has a lot of heat they drop but you're a Nike Fanboy, since you're not an "adidas supporter" so theres no reason for you to take your saved Yeezy Boost money and spend it on Adidas.

Clown

So you're telling me Nike provides options for those who miss releases? So what was the option for people who missed the Don C 2's or the Fragment 1's, or the Yeezy 2's for that matter. Lol. 

Nothing you're saying makes sense, and you just admitted to being a Nike Fanboy.
roll.gif

Me Foolish? Adidas has a lot of heat they drop but you're a Nike Fanboy, since you're not an "adidas supporter" so theres no reason for you to take your saved Yeezy Boost money and spend it on Adidas.

Clown
I think you are missing his point.  Whether hes a Nike fanboy or not, Adidas had a chance to start getting his money. They failed since he wont be spending his cash with them.  His point is valid, whether you agree or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom