ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the guy who dropped "New Slaves" and then his APC collection with $100 white tee's a month later.
Smh. APC already had $100 tees before that, and it's still one of the cheaper high end brands. Not everyone wants to wear Hanes tees. 

Not everything Kanye will sellout, Most of his APC collection tanked. Price is still a huge driving force.
Honestly I was really and still interested in the boots. Might have to just purchase 1 at retail and see if the other colorways will go on disco before I try for them

I think the APC x Kanye line was successful, especially season 1 considering how much they allowed him to expand in season 2. Not everything sold out, but that's fashion, considering how high the prices were I think you'd have to call it a success. Adidas isn't APC though, these items must be very,very high quality if they're trying to charge that much and even then I don't think the designs will garner much attention even if it's high fashion quality. I'll probably pick up one or two things and I have about 8-9 Kanye APC pieces.

Last edited:
I don't see how it does. He's repeatedly claims he want these to be more available and more affordable. It would make sense for him to want that. The fact that it's the opposite isn't going to cause him to lose sleep or anything.

Let me preface this with I am probably one of the biggest Kanye fans in here, this isn't a dig but dude is one of the biggest walking contradictions out there. That isn't a bad thing, its human, it is what it is. I have no idea why he would make those claims knowing damn well this Season was going to be that unobtainium ( or ridiculously hyped to build interest) but if you are telling me Ye doesn't understand the business of this thang then you lost me.

Its easy to double talk and be looked at as the good guy when the opposing force is a huge corporation, Not saying that is the reason, there are a plethora of reason to say one thing and do the other, we don't have to go into that. if you think Ye had zero influence in the material used and the quantities available from jump street, then we just are going to have to disagree on that one.

Smh. APC already had $100 tees before that, and it's still one of the cheaper high end brands. Not everyone wants to wear Hanes tees. 
Uniqlo Supima Cotton for me. **** is  soft
nthat.gif

This is the guy who dropped "New Slaves" and then his APC collection with $100 white tee's a month later.

How much do you think an APC tee shirt should cost? If you weren't already a customer of brands like APC then the collection likely wasn't for you.

How much do you think an APC tee shirt should cost? If you weren't already a customer of brands like APC then the collection likely wasn't for you.

Exactly.

That's beside the point. I'm not complaining about or ridiculing the price.

Releasing a higher-end collection, even a reasonably priced one in terms of high-end brands, was sort of contradictory to the message of a song he projected on buildings worldwide just a few weeks before.

So when he says stuff about his adidas collection being "affordable," it's not surprising the end result doesn't fit the bill.

Last edited:
Adidas is making it real hard for me to like any other products besides the 750s. I thought that price was a little too high but damn what product from adidas would ever be wort $3500 lol. I dont think they want anyone wearing his clothes with pricing like that. you would think they trying to sabotage themselves. I was never a huge fan of adidas but i have a few things from them over the last 30 years of my life and its crazy that 1 release has completely changed how a feel about the  company
mean.gif

That's beside the point. I'm not complaining about or ridiculing the price.

Releasing a higher-end collection, even a reasonably priced one in terms of high-end brands, was sort of contradictory to the message of a song he projected on buildings worldwide just a few weeks before.

So when he says stuff about his adidas collection being "affordable," it's not surprising the end result doesn't fit the bill.

Okay I think I see what you mean, though I didn't interpret "New Slaves" that way. If Ye intended to tear down fashion it would be to the detriment of all the work he did to be apart of that community. I'm in the camp that's completely surprised that Adidas is pricing his stuff like this; the average college student needs to be able to afford some of this stuff and if what's reported is accurate most won't.

Those black dyed 750's with the white sole and grey strap edge look awful imo. The photoshopped black ones were a thousand times better.

Last edited:
Let me preface this with I am probably one of the biggest Kanye fans in here, this isn't a dig but dude is one of the biggest walking contradictions out there. That isn't a bad thing, its human, it is what it is. I have no idea why he would make those claims knowing damn well this Season was going to be that unobtainium ( or ridiculously hyped to build interest) but if you are telling me Ye doesn't understand the business of this thang then you lost me.

Its easy to double talk and be looked at as the good guy when the opposing force is a huge corporation, Not saying that is the reason, there are a plethora of reason to say one thing and do the other, we don't have to go into that. if you think Ye had zero influence in the material used and the quantities available from jump street, then we just are going to have to disagree on that one.
It's not much to understand. They promised him to have his **** available. And it's not. I'm sure he pressed affordability as well. I believe he knows this **** was going to be dirt cheap, but $500 for those boots? C'mon now. That's Adidas using his name disguised under the quality.

Yeah, I  don't think he has any say so in the quantities available AT ALL. That's not his call. Definitely the materials. But amount made? Nah, not at all.

Kanye just a liar if he was up front about his goals instead of lying about wanting to be this fashion messiah changing the world one sell at a time til we all have this unified fashion world where creatives can control nations with art

Last edited:
For the people commenting on Adidas and the pricing.. Ye admitted to being a hypocrite on a lot of things.

The prices with this collection doesn't surprise me in anyway.. if you look at the other collaborations Adidas did with other Designer brands such as Y3, Raf Simons, Rick Owens, etc.. They're all priced along the same.

Last edited:
The duck boots ill get, and hopefully people dont jump at them. As for the collection i wont drop over 200 on anthing adidas clothes related. If he has something for less than 150 i surely will drop some money to support the line.

Umm i dont know man. I know its kanye but the hype surrounding him is with shoes... the people who are able to spend $500 on a hoodie probably spend their money on more premier brands and might laugh at that. We will just have to wait and see i guess. I kind want it to flop so Adidas can get off their high horse with kanye and come back down to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom