ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying anything revolutionary here, but I really don't understand Adidas's approach. I completely agree that there is no way that transactions were actually successful through the Y-3 link. Not a PEEP on Twitter or in here with confirmed orders. In the event that they were never going to drop online via ADC or Y-3 from the jump, how could they possibly have someone posting tweets that they would, and why would the Y-3 page have even been created with the MR350 image. Also, why would you not drop through your own stores or own site; the margins on those sales are much higher than selling stock to other vendors. Just doesn't make sense. Fingers crossed that this was just a tactic to relieve some of the load on their servers and that they still drop them. Though, you know that the bot boys are still hitting up all of the relevant links non-stop.

Last edited:
My guess would be that Adidas prefered sto give more pairs to the stores & boutiques that got the season 1 clothing line.

Give a push  to that overpriced hobo designs that are sitting at most places. 
smile.gif

People who copped on Mr. Porter, did you check out using the wishlist method or through normal add to cart button? lmk or PM

A little of both actually.... It really was a crap shoot.

I got one pair using the wish list on the site and then using the app to check out. And the second one straight buy adding to cart from the item page. My second order of course got cancelled. But I was able to cook twice just by being patient and trying different ways.

Already got shipping for my original order thankfully so now I can quit worrying about them cancelling it too. Lol!

..seems like the people that got pairs got a whole bunch. Seen tons of reseller photos of 10+ pairs. The other colors seemed to get spread out better for some reason. I had no chance on these. Black release was much better. I struck out on those too but at least felt I had a chance.

The should've sold the shoes with the clothes and had a "non-return" policy on the clothes... This would've screwed over resellers.
I don't understand why Unknwn didn't do this. I would have given an extra ticket for each piece purchased or for each $100 of Yeezy Season purchased.

..seems like the people that got pairs got a whole bunch. Seen tons of reseller photos of 10+ pairs. The other colors seemed to get spread out better for some reason. I had no chance on these. Black release was much better. I struck out on those too but at least felt I had a chance.
That's because they had connections to the boutiques selling them. Would've been a different story had it been Confirmed and ADC. Dude that got 48 pairs from Barneys NY that went straight to his consignment store at $900.

I wish everyone would refuse to pay resale prices. Then this **** wouldn't happen. But unfortunately people are crazy/dumb and pay ridiculous prices that cause this inflation. Sad state of the sneaker world today.
THIS^ To The Infinite Power

I Swear If We All Got Together And Just Stopped Paying Resell And Only Paid Retail Things Would Go Back To The 90's Early 2000's

Wishful Wishful Thinking Tho

THIS^ To The Infinite Power

I Swear If We All Got Together And Just Stopped Paying Resell And Only Paid Retail Things Would Go Back To The 90's Early 2000's

Wishful Wishful Thinking Tho
Yeah good luck getting celebrities and other rich people to not buy a pair of shoes they want just because they're $1000. That ain't **** to them

And it's a slap in the face that the official Adidas accounts and Wex and others won't even acknowledge what happened or simply tweet something along the lines of "We apologize, all stock was allocated to our retailers and these never were going to be made available via any of our sites" or "The link to the Yeezy 350 was accessed prior to being shared and all stock was purchased. Instead of cancelling those orders, we'll just say SOLD OUT". As if they aren't aware that thousands of people are looking for answers. As if Yeezy releases aren't primarily the only thing that generates any hype for the brand

Buuuuuuut they'll shove pics down your throat of those God-awful boots or Tubulars and post pictures of Kylie Jenner or Rita Ora wearing some track pants like it's earth shattering news.

Last edited:
There is resell market on like stamps and miniature figures and stuff like that .

There will always be resell as long as demand is greater than supply.

oh and if supply gets bigger than demand , you will stop wanting those sneakers for the same reason you are not buying 20$ walmart ones.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Can't believe this release

I wouldn't be so mad if adidas legit released them online like a normal company and o struck out

But Barney and some other stores and that's it?

^^^This.  The release of the Pirates was fair.  Control the flow and supply through one site and communicate with customers a little more clearly.  Give everybody a relatively equal shake at getting into the system to check out quickly and keep it moving.  Can't remember if they provided an exact time, but I know they didn't have people hanging out to dry all day for some mess like what we saw today...I applauded ADC for their release method last time and this time I have to say it was one of the worst release scenarios I have seen in a while.  Thought they were lightyears ahead of NDC, but it looks like they digressed on this one and have definitely fallen low on my list for wasting all of our time.  

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom