Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Guys. Adidas is a sports apparel brand. Yeezy isn’t taking the company down. They are relevant in the sports realm. They have contracts with soccer clubs, international clubs, nba players, etc. On the hype side they have Jerry in their pocket still. And before Yeezys were a part of adidas, their boost tech was and still is one of the most comfortable footwear features that’s out there.
Sports apparel brand is technically true, but their lifestyle division is king. Yeezys, Superstars, NMDs, Stans, even Ultra DNAs are lifestyle now. Those are the products making them money. You think they sell as many football boots/Hardens/Spidas/Dames/Supernovas/Ultra 22s as they sell $250 Yeezys or $100 Stans/Superstars? They even mentioned it in their press release: net income is going to drop $250M in Q4 alone. Q4 obviously is bigger than the rest of the quarters but conservatively estimating... Yeezy was responsible for $500M in net income per year, likely more.

According to Bloomberg, adidas will sell Yeezy models — without Yeezy branding — in 2023.

“Adidas AG intends to sell existing Yeezy product designs using its own branding after ending its partnership with rapper and designer Ye, formerly Kanye West.

Adidas management has indicated that it will start selling the products under the company’s brand at the beginning of next year, according to analysts at Morgan Stanley and RBC Capital Markets.”

You're acting like Travis was told about the 12 dead while he was performing and he said "But there's 50k other people alive and jamming, now turn the music louder".

:rofl: The whole concept of blaming corporations for 1 individual’s actions “the world is watching adidas” :lol: is ******* ridiculous. The hell was StockX or Nike realistically supposed to do about the Astroworld ****?

Adidas rebranding or renaming the yeezy makes me think of what they did to the Inikis. (Released Inikis then had to change name/brand on shoe to I-5923 as they weren’t allowed to use INIKI)

Attachments

• 6BBD1A76-E2B3-4DF3-AD73-AF74249C7E5C.jpeg
    6BBD1A76-E2B3-4DF3-AD73-AF74249C7E5C.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 1,109
  • 4416F927-7CEF-4048-8920-21521B6694E8.jpeg
    4416F927-7CEF-4048-8920-21521B6694E8.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,238
Man Inikis now that is a shoe I haven’t seen in years
My navy pair is still clean as hell . My red pair now that’s another story 😆 (iniki laces were also 🔥)

The little hype the Inikis had died down around same time the name changed …… 🤔

According to Bloomberg, adidas will sell Yeezy models — without Yeezy branding — in 2023.

“Adidas AG intends to sell existing Yeezy product designs using its own branding after ending its partnership with rapper and designer Ye, formerly Kanye West.

Adidas management has indicated that it will start selling the products under the company’s brand at the beginning of next year, according to analysts at Morgan Stanley and RBC Capital Markets.”

They'll quickly learn it wasn't the silhouettes that people loved, it was the name attached to it.

It’ll be interesting to see the type of response adidas gets when they release the adidas 350s. Whether they will get slandered for still capitalizing on a Kanye affiliated product or praise for capitalizing on a Kanye affiliated product and raking 100% profit

Furthermore, if Ye really is able to beat the odds and go independent, what the response to HIS Yeezys, vs the sneakers formerly known as Yeezys will be.

Adidas will have an audience out there for the retros. If you go on r/yeezys there's a good amount of kids on there who missed the initial Yeezy hype, and now they want to have that experience. But I feel like for a lot of people who experienced the original run, the end of an era is the end of an era. Time to move on

You're acting like Travis was told about the 12 dead while he was performing and he said "But there's 50k other people alive and jamming, now turn the music louder".
Ear monitors dude. Not getting into my past but they can tap into your monitor and let you know sh*t is going south and you need to address the crowd. Plus, dudes dancing and the ambulance in the crowd is a terrible look.
But... Kanye can't say these things and actually think it's ok. Definitely not condoning what he did.

They'll quickly learn it wasn't the silhouettes that people loved, it was the name attached to it.

The thing about it that makes it interesting though is there is no Yeezy branding on the actual shoes maybe outside of the insole/outsole. Outside of the box and name when you buy them, Adidas Boost 700’s will look exactly the same as the Yeezys lol

Some of y’all really believe Kanye made Adidas. Just because y’all was not rocking them does not mean they were irrelevant.

How many of y’all who copped Yeezys actually bought any other Adidas?

There is a tweet I saw floating around that I can’t post cuz it has profanity in it but dude said he was working at adidas pre and post Kanye and it trickled down to other shoes lol. He mentioned Ye wearing the boosts at the VMAs directly having impact on their sales.

I think the concept of having shoes that could get as close as possible hype wise to Jordan Brand level without stealing LeBron or Steph made people take the overall brand more serious and/or purchase some of the other silhouettes. The thing about Nike is that if you can’t get the J’s there are still other similar looking shoes from the same time frame that sit that people cop. Ozweegos kinda benefitted from that with the similar look they had to Yeezys although they had the Raf collab too. IMO they should have played into using adidas lineage in the Yeezy designs more the way that the Air Yeezys used Jordan tooling.

Thought this was interesting though, if you go through his tweets, adidas owns everything except the slides.

The thing about it that makes it interesting though is there is no Yeezy branding on the actual shoes maybe outside of the insole/outsole. Outside of the box and name when you buy them, Adidas Boost 700’s will look exactly the same as the Yeezys lol
That was also a reason why I like yeezys. The few or hidden logos. Also one of the things I always loved about og jordans like xi or xii or 3s and 4s side and top view..

Furthermore, if Ye really is able to beat the odds and go independent, what the response to HIS Yeezys, vs the sneakers formerly known as Yeezys will be.

Adidas will have an audience out there for the retros. If you go on r/yeezys there's a good amount of kids on there who missed the initial Yeezy hype, and now they want to have that experience. But I feel like for a lot of people who experienced the original run, the end of an era is the end of an era. Time to move on
Adidas is grasping for straws tbh-instead of desperately trying to hold on to the past with Yeezy, they should focus on the present and future.

They did this exact same thing with the NMD R1-they had a winner and drove it into the ground instead of moving in when it was time to do so.

Lmao discounted $90 “Adidas 700 V1 Waverunners” coming to a Marshall’s and TJ Maxx near you!

Back
Top Bottom