Votes: 267 21.3%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 45 3.6%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 102 8.2%

• Total voters
UNDFTD 4s and Yeezys (any Yeezy) are two VERY different things. I know what you've been trying to point out but it
just doesn't apply to something with thousands and thousands in circulation but still has that value.

I'll be honest, this exchange here is what triggered me today, I apologize:

upload_2018-4-11_15-25-10.png

Oh okay, I don’t think you are necessarily disagreeing with me. I thought you were saying collectors were hypebeasts but that’s obviously not necessarily true at all, although it definitely can be. I think it’s a good thing if people who actually want to wear the shoes get a decent shot at retail. Wanting shoes to be limited only really benefits heavy resellers.

That said, if there is some diehard Kanye fan who owns every single Nike/Adidas Yeezy release ever but doesn’t care too much for other hyped stuff. I wouldn’t call this person a hypebeast if their love for Kanye was what caused them to buy and collect all those hyped sneakers. This is probably true for the “OG cw only” MJ retro crowd and their admiration for MJ as well.

Totally agree. I meant specifically Yeezy (owned by Adidas) should follow biz model of Supreme. With their Carlyle investment, their projected market cap is greater than Yeezy division of Adidas. Adidas has around $40B market cap.

Carlyle Group is a PE..their main objective is to buy, repackage, and sell...perhaps LVMH (allies w/ Carlyle) or Nike will buy Supreme???

Honestly though nothing Supreme has done has been that revolutionary, they are just experts at marketing and building hype off their drops and collabs. I’m not sure if this is a viable long term strategy tbh since tastes in fashion change and usually only revolutionary/transcendent products tend to stick around.

Maybe I’m wrong though and am out of touch with the kids and am totally underestimating the allure of the box logo tee.

Back
Top Bottom