Votes: 267 21.3%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 46 3.7%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 102 8.1%

• Total voters
Philosophical question, but does everyone have to like shoes in the same way to not be labeled a hypebeast? What if someone simply enjoys collecting popular and hyped models and the chase of buying these pairs because they are so limited and hyped?
that's exactly what a hypebeast is or more specifically a cuda (babies will know)
AGAIN, if you do this, you don't like sneakers. Going after shiny things is the opposite of being passionate about something.

giphy.gif

No, what I’m saying is you’re probably getting real defensive because the truth is you’re a hypebeast in denial

All your posts in this thread serve as evidence of that. Now go file your chargeback with YS so you can save your measly $20 shipping fee

I’m not sure what my $20 shipping fee has to do with this? I was trying to gain some insight from you on the definition of a hypebeast but somehow I put you on the offensive.

Don’t take this the wrong way but is everything okay with you? You used to post some quality stuff but lately you seem super negative for whatever reason.

So simply collecting things because they are valuable means you can’t be passionate about them?
26070540_321880521663113_3351329733726961664_n.jpg

tell me straight up- does anyone at all think this guy REALLY likes what he likes?
being passionate about everything that is 1 out of 100 regardless of how they look shows a lack of individuality IMO.
I'm not being a sneakerhead elitist, I'm just calling it like it is. If you're here COMPLAINING that these Yeezys lost its
allure because it's more available? fam. YOU DON'T LIKE SHOES.

Because nothing about that statement says anything about the shoe itself, it's about what it means having them.

Saw a dude wearing the supreme shooting sleeve when I was playing the other day. Never face palmed so hard playing basketball before lol.

26070540_321880521663113_3351329733726961664_n.jpg

tell me straight up- does anyone at all think this guy REALLY likes what he likes?
being passionate about everything that is 1 out of 100 regardless of how they look shows a lack of individuality IMO.
I'm not being a sneakerhead elitist, I'm just calling it like it is. If you're here COMPLAINING that these Yeezys lost its
allure because it's more available? fam. YOU DON'T LIKE SHOES.

Because nothing about that statement says anything about the shoe itself, it's about what it means having them.

So my question wasn’t so much for people who buy EVERYTHING that is limited. It’s for those who strictly collect limited sneakers specifically for hype and value (for collection purposes) but also own/wear non-hyped sneakers.

He has worn all of them, definitely. the different colorways for him is worth it to collect even if stockx doesn't say so

Which is basically this whole debate in a nutshell

Monetary value of sneakers is silly af. Decommodify all sneakers imo

That dude right there is how I picture most “sneaker heads” now. My goddaughter, a HS student, told me that being Hypebeast is actually a cool thing now.

So my question wasn’t so much for people who buy EVERYTHING that is limited. It’s for those who strictly collect limited sneakers specifically for hype and value (for collection purposes) but also own/wear non-hyped sneakers.
Same thing. Just because you sprinkled in 2 pairs of vans and a clyde doesn't mean anything.
People complaining that it lost its allure because more people can purchase it is basically here to make money off
the culture.
Most people have been drawn to this lifestyle recently simply because there's VALUE in it. Not because sneakers are cool.
It is what it is, let's not pretend some people here only need info so they can plan their hustle. That's fine. But
again, THEY DON'T LIKE SNEAKERS.

If the essential question is "Can't someone simply and honestly love to collect superficially rare, banal, over-exposed, over-inflated sneaker models in a vacuum based upon the hype others attach to it?" then yes of course someone can do that, but it's corny.

He has worn all of them, definitely. the different colorways for him is worth it to collect even if stockx doesn't say so

Which is basically this whole debate in a nutshell

Monetary value of sneakers is silly af. Decommodify all sneakers imo
the fact that you had to explain it REALLY shows the whole entire point of everything that was said. LMAO
I'm still laughing

Same thing. Just because you sprinkled in 2 pairs of vans and a clyde doesn't mean anything.
People complaining that it lost its allure because more people can purchase it is basically here to make money off
the culture.
Most people have been drawn to this lifestyle recently simply because there's VALUE in it. Not because sneakers are cool.
It is what it is, let's not pretend some people here only need info so they can plan their hustle. That's fine. But
again, THEY DON'T LIKE SNEAKERS.

Right but what if they wear non-hyped sneakers regularly? Does simply strictly collecting hyped sneakers seem you a hypebeast? This is what I’m confused about. In this case, wouldn’t Jordy G. technically be the biggest hypebeast given that he ran a museum of hyped sneakers? (even though he never really wears many really hyped sneakers, himself)

That dude right there is how I picture most “sneaker heads” now. My goddaughter, a HS student, told me that being Hypebeast is actually a cool thing now.

Isn’t that an economic status viewpoint though? Older people would think it was silly to spend thousands of dollars on shoes and clothes but some kid out there is probably doing this to try and impress girls like your daughter with their perceived economic status (not saying your daughter would necessarily go for this). Obviously, we know this is silly but teenagers might think this it is cool that other teenagers can actually afford to buy this stuff.

I’m not sure what my $20 shipping fee has to do with this? I was trying to gain some insight from you on the definition of a hypebeast but somehow I put you on the offensive.

Don’t take this the wrong way but is everything okay with you? You used to post some quality stuff but lately you seem super negative for whatever reason.

I actually agree with you on this. I apologize. I came off the wrong way. Out of respect for you, I'm editing my post. It wasn't necessary

Right but what if they wear non-hyped sneakers regularly? Does simply strictly collecting hyped sneakers seem you a hypebeast? This is what I’m confused about. In this case, wouldn’t Jordy G. technically be the biggest hypebeast given that he ran a museum of hyped sneakers? (even though he never really wears many really hyped sneakers, himself)
wearing Vans and "collecting" ONLY valuable items is literally what a hypebeast reseller AKA "PLUG" looks like.
I don't know what that has to do with anything to be honest. that's so far off point fam.

When you see me on the daily, you'll catch me wearing PF Flyers, SL-18s, Boston Birks, Vans, Gucci slides or Jordan 1s.
It could be anything.

Point is, hopefully guys would just like what they like because that will be more rewarding in the future
as opposed to sinking your teeth into something for cash.

Back
Top Bottom