AFC Divisional Game: New York Jets @ New England Patriots (Sunday Jan 16,4:30 PM on CBS)

As much as I am suppose to hate that team right now, Welker's comments were actually funny to me.

Kinda like that post on nike talk where the kid wrote the report where every first word made up a rick roll.

I am excited for sunday. hoping for the best for my jets.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

As for Rex, there is actually bravery in his bravado. Think about it, if the Jets fail to deliver, who will the finger be pointed at? There is something to be said for a coach that puts the pressure on himself, and inspires his team. Not to mention, he can scheme with the best of them, whether his critics want to admit it or not.

i actually disagree. if the jets lose, they'll be an after thought in 2 or 3 days. rex will catch heat for a couple days, but then people move on to the conference champ games. if they win, he looks like a genius. there's really nothing brave about it imo. he's got his team into the divisional round after a solid regular season, his job is perfectly safe win or lose. not really risking anything with all this jibber jabbering. that's how i see it. the media eats up tho...they'll praise him because he gives good sound bytes.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

As for Rex, there is actually bravery in his bravado. Think about it, if the Jets fail to deliver, who will the finger be pointed at? There is something to be said for a coach that puts the pressure on himself, and inspires his team. Not to mention, he can scheme with the best of them, whether his critics want to admit it or not.

i actually disagree. if the jets lose, they'll be an after thought in 2 or 3 days. rex will catch heat for a couple days, but then people move on to the conference champ games. if they win, he looks like a genius. there's really nothing brave about it imo. he's got his team into the divisional round after a solid regular season, his job is perfectly safe win or lose. not really risking anything with all this jibber jabbering. that's how i see it. the media eats up tho...they'll praise him because he gives good sound bytes.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

And people have hated the Jets all year on this board, don't give me that +$#!
laugh.gif
.  I'll get my JPZ and go through pre-season posts where basically the unanimous sentiment was we were frauds, or how the unanimous sentiment when we back up our talking and went 11-5 was that we would get picked apart by Peyton. All that didn't happen.  But it's all good, cause if they're talking about you, you're prolly doing something right.  Really except for J Steez who occasionally will make a wild comment (Revis>Deion), I think all the Jets fans on this board are extremely level headed so its funny to see us pegged as the worst.

And its funny to see people come and point out the fact that the Patriots and Brady have owned us...Well duh, they have arguably had the best stretch of any franchise period in these past 10 years.  Literally any other team in the league would basically have the same record against them that we do.  They have a guy who might go down being the greatest QB ever and a guy who I already think is the best coach ever.  They have managed to rebuild without even anybody knowing it, I mean the way the hoody has ran that franchise is amazing.  But still...Nothing was ever done without confidence and believing in yourself.  When you were in elementary school and brought up some arts and crafts project did your parents tell you it was bad? No, they acted like it was the best thing you have ever seen.  This team wouldn't have gotten to the AFC championship and beat Manning this past year if Rex didn't have us believing we were the best, even if we aren't  That belief allowed us to win 2 OT gamers in a row this year and generally win games no matter how %+%%#+ we played.  And if that occasionally means Rex has his foot in his mouth, well so be it.  I'm fine with that.  I'm sure he is too
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ My Pats slurpage during that post
but theres a fine line between Confidence and cockiness, and Rex Ryan is definitely leaning on the Cocky side 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

And people have hated the Jets all year on this board, don't give me that +$#!
laugh.gif
.  I'll get my JPZ and go through pre-season posts where basically the unanimous sentiment was we were frauds, or how the unanimous sentiment when we back up our talking and went 11-5 was that we would get picked apart by Peyton. All that didn't happen.  But it's all good, cause if they're talking about you, you're prolly doing something right.  Really except for J Steez who occasionally will make a wild comment (Revis>Deion), I think all the Jets fans on this board are extremely level headed so its funny to see us pegged as the worst.

And its funny to see people come and point out the fact that the Patriots and Brady have owned us...Well duh, they have arguably had the best stretch of any franchise period in these past 10 years.  Literally any other team in the league would basically have the same record against them that we do.  They have a guy who might go down being the greatest QB ever and a guy who I already think is the best coach ever.  They have managed to rebuild without even anybody knowing it, I mean the way the hoody has ran that franchise is amazing.  But still...Nothing was ever done without confidence and believing in yourself.  When you were in elementary school and brought up some arts and crafts project did your parents tell you it was bad? No, they acted like it was the best thing you have ever seen.  This team wouldn't have gotten to the AFC championship and beat Manning this past year if Rex didn't have us believing we were the best, even if we aren't  That belief allowed us to win 2 OT gamers in a row this year and generally win games no matter how %+%%#+ we played.  And if that occasionally means Rex has his foot in his mouth, well so be it.  I'm fine with that.  I'm sure he is too
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ My Pats slurpage during that post
but theres a fine line between Confidence and cockiness, and Rex Ryan is definitely leaning on the Cocky side 

if the jets win what's more impressive?

the 9-7 jets with a rookie qb snapping the 13-3 chargers 11 game winning streak in the 2nd round last year or a jets win sunday.

if the jets are within striking distance at halftime sunday their gonna win this game. i hope they don't overblitz but when they get to brady i wanna see them hit him hard when they do get to him

if the jets win what's more impressive?

the 9-7 jets with a rookie qb snapping the 13-3 chargers 11 game winning streak in the 2nd round last year or a jets win sunday.

if the jets are within striking distance at halftime sunday their gonna win this game. i hope they don't overblitz but when they get to brady i wanna see them hit him hard when they do get to him

I'm praying to god we win because I can't wait to hear the excuses from some of these cocky *## pat fans .

14-2 sure but definitely beatable , we'll see ......

I'm praying to god we win because I can't wait to hear the excuses from some of these cocky *## pat fans .

Originally Posted by onewearz

no doubt...especially this season. no one's a lock to win...especially not in division

no doubt...especially this season. no one's a lock to win...especially not in division

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Yea,we've looked real vulnerable at some points this season and the Jets have some momentum going after getting past Indy. It'll be a close,hard fought game. Definitely not thinking it's gonna be a blowout. Hopefully our guys are still focused even after the bye week. I'm kinda happy that they're talking all this trash,it's gonna make our guys more hungry and keep their eye on the goal at hand,which is another Lombardi trophy.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Yea,we've looked real vulnerable at some points this season and the Jets have some momentum going after getting past Indy. It'll be a close,hard fought game. Definitely not thinking it's gonna be a blowout. Hopefully our guys are still focused even after the bye week. I'm kinda happy that they're talking all this trash,it's gonna make our guys more hungry and keep their eye on the goal at hand,which is another Lombardi trophy.

The more we talk about this game, the more excited, yet nervous I get for sunday to come

eek.gif
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
is the order my feelings are going every day when thinking about the game and the possibilities
laugh.gif

The more we talk about this game, the more excited, yet nervous I get for sunday to come

eek.gif
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
is the order my feelings are going every day when thinking about the game and the possibilities
laugh.gif

And just who are these cocky Pats fans you speak of?

And just who are these cocky Pats fans you speak of?

Nah deadset is cool in my book, we go at it all year except for hockey.

No need to name names, it's all good being cocky, just would love if we shut some people up, inine5 ....

laugh.gif

All jokes but I'm reading your comments with a condescending tone irritating myself
laugh.gif

Nah deadset is cool in my book, we go at it all year except for hockey.

No need to name names, it's all good being cocky, just would love if we shut some people up, inine5 ....

laugh.gif

All jokes but I'm reading your comments with a condescending tone irritating myself
laugh.gif

That #&$% @#$*($ DSA been a arrogant #($%^ in every gat damn mother #*$%(# post.

Yall should go IN on dude.

That #&$% @#$*($ DSA been a arrogant #($%^ in every gat damn mother #*$%(# post.

Yall should go IN on dude.

Back
Top Bottom